suzyq505
gem
janey
debbiewaterhouse
Cornish-Muscle
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Reason I Don't Like Cesar Milan - Page 2 Empty The Reason I Don't Like Cesar Milan

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 13:05

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCGtatpCwI&feature=player_embedded#at=110

Back to top Go down

The Reason I Don't Like Cesar Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: The Reason I Don't Like Cesar Milan

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 23:57

ian wrote:i have heard of him,but never really scene his programe. I would understand nudging a dog with the side of your leg to distract there attention from another dog, but why would you need to kick them like that ? Shorley blindsiding a dog like that would petrify them no matter what size or breed.

this sort of thing realy hacks me off. Dogs are'nt that hard to train, if you can be bothered to spend the time with them. My Dad is disabled and we have trianed jake to pick things up and give them back to him, if he drops them, and pull his sleave to help him take his jacket off. He has even learned to fold the news paper over when he takes it up stairs. He's never been aggressive towards other dogs and shy's away from cats, so it makes me wonder what these 'owners' have (not) been doing with their dogs.

And if some took hold of my dog and did that, i would quite possibly knock the p*ss out of him.

Rant over.

I SO totally agree with you!

Jake sounds an intelligent boy, well done!

Back to top Go down

The Reason I Don't Like Cesar Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: The Reason I Don't Like Cesar Milan

Post by madeira264527 Tue Aug 16 2011, 02:11

Cesar Millan Is a moron, Hes made a fortune out of working with dogs, And this Is the way he treats them ?! Hes no dog trainer! Hes a bully! Beats me how these tv stations still pay him to put hes programmes on tv ?! Sooner everyone know what he Is , And stops buying hes books, And watching hes programmes, Then you watch him go out of business real soon , But some people are naive and copy hes methods, Which Isnt right, Years ago this way of training would of been known to be normal, But with more research and education Into dog training and dog behaviour, We know you dont have to hit or bull your dog, For It to obey your commands, And behave the way you want It to behave, Watch Victoria Stillwell shes a true dog trainer, And a credit to the dog training Idustry!
madeira264527
madeira264527
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 03:43

The person in the intro who alpha rolled her puppy and had disastrous results is the reason I don't like Cesar Milan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Aug 16 2011, 06:10

While I don't agree with the kicking I do believe the whole pack mentality. I have never hit or kicked my dogs. My dogs act up and try to get away with anything they can with the OH. I walk in the room with a stern look and say "hey!" and they both cower and lay down. Of course she's tiny and I am 6' 225's of solid sexiness. Tongues Yea. But I have never struck my dogs. I get down on the floor and wrestle them and let them know I will always win. I have well behaved dogs and i believe they listen well because of all the time I spent on all fours showing who's boss.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 10:12

None of my dogs have ever cowered from me. I'm not criticizing, just that we obviously do things differently.

I don't believe in 'pack' mentality. I do believe that your dog should know that they do as they're told! All this going through doors first, not allowing a dog to go upstairs in the home & making sure that you eat first is a load of bull, to be honest.

My dogs know to wait if I tell them to, and they do that quite happily. If I open the door & I don't want to go outside, I can just stand aside & they go. It doesn't matter who eats first in my house, all my dogs have always known that their food comes from me (or my family)! And not allowing a dog to go upstairs cause it'll be higher than you is so much codswallop! Dogs don't think that way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 17:03

I feel the same as you Caryll.. I mean our doggies are loved pets with minds of their own.. not robots!! Sometimes our dogs are naughty and get away with it, but on the whole they are well behaved.. that is all I want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Aug 16 2011, 18:16

I probably worded that wrong. I didn't mean they were shaking in their boots or scared. I just meant they know to lay down and behave if I give them the look. And I don't believe all the going through doors first also stuff. My idea of the pack mentality is they know I'm the boss and not them is all. And by wrestling them I am only playing with them and they love it but I never let them win. My dogs aren't scared of me at all. I actually believe more than anything that it hurts their feelings if they think I am mad at them. If I even raise my voice they both give me the pouty face like Oli is doing in my avatar.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 00:05

Ah, the famous 'Look'!!! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby&Me Wed Sep 21 2011, 13:02

I feel awful, I have never "kicked" ruby but I have used his techniques and read all his books, I will no longer! I dont want to s
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
The Reason I Don't Like Cesar Milan - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2