Upset and feeling sick.

4 posters

Go down

Upset and feeling sick. Empty Upset and feeling sick.

Post by shazney Mon Apr 15 2013, 05:28

So the training is going badly, Bruno just does not listen, on walks anything that moves he wants it, hes strong already at 6 months and pulls hard, he just does not listen, tried the walking forward then going backwards when he pulls, nothings working!!! hes still biting, hes unfriendly and stubborn, does not like being touched and only on his terms, he hardly wags his tail, you think you are getting some where with him but relise hes getting worse not better, i am at the end of my tether and it's making me ill, i was told to ignore him and i have started to but i thought that was the whole point of having a pup, to give them love and attention? have a spoilt him, i think i have, the dogs out of control and i am losing the will to liveeeee.
shazney
shazney
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Upset and feeling sick. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 10 wks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Upset and feeling sick. Empty Re: Upset and feeling sick.

Post by shazney Mon Apr 15 2013, 05:51

I think i need to give Bruno a little credit, i was just upset in bed earlier and going abit crazy thinking hes going to be aggressive due to the fact hes from a back yard breeder and genetically he may have bad D/A and plus hes got a blue tint as his dad is blue, so i was told.

Well, hes good sometimes, he drops he toy and leaves, sits, lies down and high fives, so i know there is hope, i guess i got abit upset as he was hanging of my b.fs arm yesterday and bites me and i thought that was getting better hes started again.

People are saying i am too soft with him and my b.f is very tough with him but hes still not learning and another thing, i have worked it out, hes 3 and a half in our years so hes still basically a toddler, i will work harder.
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Mon Apr 15 2013, 06:00

He is also toilet trained, had one accident in the last month but he sits by the door now when he wants his business.
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Mon Apr 15 2013, 06:54

See, progeess is being made! At 6 months Lola barely knew a thing, and at 2 1/2 years I'm still working on things like fetch and high five, lie down, stay (when there's no treat involved) I've found it's all about little steps. Every breakthrough, reward yourself, even if its just a choccy digestive and a brew Smile all good things come to those who wait, but sometimes we have to wait a little longer xx

(On a side note, with the biting is he actually being aggressive or just playing OTT)
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Mon Apr 15 2013, 07:13

Well, i just walked him for 10 minutes and that was purely training with black pudding, he walked by my side and was better so i will take more tasty treats with me in the future, yes you are right, small steps and all that, i just need to learn to cope better i reckon.

It's more mouthing and snapping, he does not draw blood like he used to but it's something i want an end to, i think it's more dominance then aggression, hes a toddler and wanting his own way.

Thanks.
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 07:20

Your doing really well, & as you say he is still a baby, so take baby steps, darcy is 8 1/2 months and still occasionally mouths and bites but it's getting less & less, she is also stubborn at times and pushes to see how far she can get Big Grin stick at it and the rewards will come. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Mon Apr 15 2013, 07:26

I need to relise rome was not built in a day and puppies need alot of work, just felt a bit negetive earlier, i cant wait for the rewards to come and that will be a calm and happy dog, thanks.
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 08:18

Being from a BYB breeder doesn't mean he will have behavioural problems by proxy so don't worry about that.

Sadly, young dogs are a nightmare at times but you just got to stick with it and be as consistent as possible Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Apr 15 2013, 08:23

At 6mths he's a stroppy teenager who won't listen. Sounds like you're doing everything right - the treats are great for training. Be consistent always.

The biting/mouthing : u need to practically scream or shout Ouch ! Or OW !! Or bellow at him NOooooo !!! Something loud enough the shock him and trigger his brain to think 'uh oh....I shouldn't have done that'..

The penny will drop, keep at it xx
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 09:22

Sounds like you are on the right track and making progress. Just be patient and know all the hard work pays off in the end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 13:32

At his age he's a teenager, and even though their teeth aren't as sharp, I feel like that's even worse than when they're puppies, because you get so disappointed and upset thinking you've made no progress when you have, they're just testing the boundaries. Keep up with your training, it'll click Smile Loki was horrible for biting but he's much better now. He still does it when he's VERY excited but I get the feeling that's because he forgets his manners. As for him not wanting affection, I had that with Loki too, it was because all he wanted to do was play. Whereas now, as much as he loves walks and playing, he's quite happy to lay around being stroked. Focus on the good and carry on, you're doing great Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Mon Apr 15 2013, 14:40

Ooo teenage tantrums I know them so well, Katy's 6 months now & can be a nightmare. She still likes to bite me, but it's normally when she's overexcited. When we are out walkies she can be charging round off lead, all of a sudden she will jump up to bite under my arm >Smile I take her by the collar say no loudly & clip her lead back on, think she is getting the message slowly

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Upset and feeling sick. B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Tue Apr 16 2013, 09:31

Yes, thank you for the replys, i admit i need to be more consistant, i am but others in the household are not, i keep telling them to shout OWW or Arrrrgh then ignore but they don't, i need to just carry on and be strong but i am not great at coping, i was giving him love and attention and i got accused of babying him and told i am too soft, i need to be more of a boss, so i did raise my voice more and it seems to work abit.

I have accepted now thats hes going through his toddler years and that is why hes yampy lol i just need more help with the walking, he lunges and will not learn, he sits on his butt when i try to take him backwards after he pulls so no progress is being made yet, even black pudding did not help lol i think hes just inquisitive as he loves kids in the street but as hes strong it's hard work, does the walking get better by 1 years old, pleaseeee say it does. thanks.
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 13:03

It'll all get better, just have to keep on. There's no harm in babying him as long as you still tell him 'no' or don't give him affection when he's doing something wrong Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 13:18

You seem to be going in the right direction especially as he has learnt other things,so shows he is listening to you. Put in mind a teenager they dont listen either and its like banging your head against a brick wall. Vinnie still challenges me now at 20 months to see how far he can push it but it is all about being firm and being consistent. The basic thing is reward when good and dont when not. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down