Steve
Kathy
Mattylee
Batman Attacks
10 posters

Go down

Breeders Empty Breeders

Post by Batman Attacks Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:21

Hello guys. Some of you may remember me. I was after getting a puppy however it fell through due to trust issues with the breeder.

Do any of you know some trusted breeders that will be capable of producing a litter with the following (Don't mind if they're from separate litters in fact it's preferable. Preferably from West Yorkshire but I can travel). I desire them to be KC registered.

1) Black colored male. Because I want to call him Batman xD Big Grin
2) Blue colored female.

I know it may seem I am being very specific, but I don't mind if they changed growing up.

Batman Attacks
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Breeders Empty Re: Breeders

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:23

Getting two puppies at the same time is a lot of work and could be very difficult.

As long as the parents are health tested and you get to meet them etc you should be safe enough. Just avoid things like blue/blue mating etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattylee Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:27

Not a chance I could get 2 pups at same time.
Mattylee
Mattylee
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 15/12/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:28

Agree with Mat, I'd advise against getting two puppies at once. Having one puppy is difficult enough, all the training going into it, but you'll have to deal with them being bad influences on each other, fighting often because they're so close in age, etc. Some people here have gotten a puppy after their first dog was older but still not an adult, and even they've had their work cut out. So I'd strongly advise getting one puppy first, and getting a second puppy when the first is older.

Also, if you want a blue puppy, make sure only one parent is blue. If both mum and dad are blue, I'd stay clear of them.

Just make sure the breeders do health checks on the mum and dad too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:32

But would you be able to recommend some breeders? A few I have spoken to always seem shifty Straight Face.

How long until I'd be permitted to get a second one? It's just my friend has two and they're perfectly fine with each other Straight Face. Never had anything wrong between the two. In fact, they cuddle up and share everything Straight Face

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:35

18 month gap is advised. It might seem nice to have to little puppies running around but as they grow problems can arise. Staffords go from silly little funny pups to big powerful dogs in a very short space of time and if they haven't been brought up with enough rules etc they can be a lot to handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:45

Batman Attacks wrote:But would you be able to recommend some breeders? A few I have spoken to always seem shifty Straight Face.

How long until I'd be permitted to get a second one? It's just my friend has two and they're perfectly fine with each other Straight Face. Never had anything wrong between the two. In fact, they cuddle up and share everything Straight Face

Check out ChampDogs, there are breeders there and you can check if they've been health tested and etc. And some puppies get along fine, but others are terrible together and constantly fighting. It's not worth the risk of possibly getting two puppies that don't get along that grow up to become stubborn, strong, powerful dogs, it's a recipe for disaster. Besides, there's nothing wrong with waiting. I sometimes get impatient and want another dog now, but I know it'd be a terrible idea because Loki's still a lot of hard work. Puppies take a lot of effort to train, and it doesn't stop after a few months, it's a constant thing to train them, even when they're older. Start off with one and when the puppy's older (about 18 months to 2 years old) introduce a second puppy if you feel you're ready. No harm in being patient, it's safer than jumping the gun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:53

Thank you so much! I have actually found a few breeders on ChampDogs near me. Hopefully they reply to their E-Mails Straight Face. I understand, it's just...I've waited six years for a staffy...two more is like torture...literally Straight Face

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:01

Well, Staffs are very loving, if you have just one, you'll still have infinite love Big Grin better to wait before adding a second one in case it doesn't turn out like you hope and they don't get along. Nothing more stressful than having two dogs you love constantly hurting each other and not getting along. Keep us updated Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:02

Are you considering two pups from the same litter ?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:07

Well there are three options right now.

1) My friends male dog mates with a female bitch I saw on ChampDogs that might be available and I get two of the puppies to keep and therefore they're from the same litter. http://www.champdogs.co.uk/dog/29036

2) I buy one blue female and one black male from separate litters, and bring them up at basically the same age to be used to each other?

3) I just get one at a time. But I wouldn't know which to get first? As I have even heard of an older dog attacking a puppy Straight Face

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:20

An older dog can attack a puppy, of course, they're still animals and have their own minds. BUT it's much, much more likely that two puppies, or two dogs of around the same age, will fight all the time and not get along, and especially two from the same litter. Bringing two puppies up together doesn't matter, littermates tend to fight often, and if two puppies are brought up together they'll see each other as littermates and still fight often. You'll have your work seriously cut out for you, which is why everyone advises to wait until there's a two year gap between them. Get one puppy and train it properly, and then introduce a puppy when it's older if you feel you're ready. If you've never had a puppy before, you won't know how much work and effort they need until you have one. Two at once will be very difficult just for the sake of wanting two dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:27

Batman Attacks wrote:1) My friends male dog mates with a female bitch I saw on ChampDogs that might be available and I get two of the puppies to keep and therefore they're from the same litter. http://www.champdogs.co.uk/dog/29036

i wouldn't buy that dog to inbred for my liking

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/mateselect/inbreed/Default.aspx?breed=3080 <<-- the inbred test

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:31

Batman Attacks wrote:2) I buy one blue female and one black male from separate litters, and bring them up at basically the same age to be used to each other?

it's all about training if you expect them to train them self then just get one because it be a lot easy or if you work full time then just get one, if you have the time then you can get 2 but remember all dogs are different when they get older their a chance of them fighting and you may have to get rid of one

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:33

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:35

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 13:54

I for one would not have two puppies at the same time, they're loving & fun & playful Smile and tiring, and exhausting, and hard work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Sat Apr 13 2013, 14:37

I helped my friend bring his two staffies up. And they're both brother and sister from the same litter. They're both perfectly fine with each other. And treat each other perfectly. Which is why I thought it was fine.

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 13 2013, 14:40

because the fine now doesn't they will be fine forever it only take one fight and that is it they will never get on with each other again

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 14:42

Steve wrote:because the fine now doesn't they will be fine forever it only take one fight and that is it they will never get on with each other again

I agree totally Steve.

Also, it's one thing helping a friend who has pups but it's a whole other thing to own a pup. One pup is nearly a full time job, two pups would be 24/7 work.

Back to top Go down

Post by niknaksky Sat Apr 13 2013, 15:19

I had 3 pups from the same litter and they got on great for the whole 14 years they were together .

It was hard work but mum was at home 24/7 which made it easier.

They were well behaved 1m 2f got on great together always played nice and never did I witness a fight apart from the odd squabble.

Saying that though I have just got Atom and she is a handful I am not sure I could handle 3 of her lol

But keep in mind what worked for me may not work for you.

It may have been I was just lucky.
niknaksky
niknaksky
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:15

Exactly. And it would be a dream for the boy to be protective of the girl (None aggressive wise. For example my friends male dog...always looks at a person or animal whenever he doesn't know who it is if they go near his sister...because she's so insecure and scared of the world. (Got hit by a car once..just bumped a little but the guy was being a dic* whilst driving...and got attacked by an elderly akita which was off it's lead when she was a pup).

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:26

You said it yourself, it'd be a 'dream,' but sometimes we have to be realistic and look at it truthfully from all angles even though you'd love nothing better than to do what you want. Ask yourself all this:

Do you have the money to support two dogs and everything that goes with it?

Do you have the time to look after and train two nipping, playful, energetic puppies, teaching them how to behave with each other, with people, with kids, with other dogs, etc.? Keep in mind dogs go through a period of adolescence where they decide not to listen to you, basically acting like puppies again but being bigger and stronger.

Could you put up with it if they DIDN'T get along well and things didn't turn out perfectly like you're imagining, and they fight constantly, sometimes seriously?

These aren't questions to answer to us, these are just questions to ask yourself and be 100% honest with yourself, because life isn't a dream and dogs of the same age often do fight, even if there are exceptions. And raising one puppy is a huge amount of effort, let alone two. So just make sure you've thought about it long and hard, and not in an optimistic way, but covering all possible situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 19:09

Batman Attacks wrote:Well there are three options right now.

1) My friends male dog mates with a female bitch I saw on ChampDogs that might be available and I get two of the puppies to keep and therefore they're from the same litter. http://www.champdogs.co.uk/dog/29036

2) I buy one blue female and one black male from separate litters, and bring them up at basically the same age to be used to each other?

3) I just get one at a time. But I wouldn't know which to get first? As I have even heard of an older dog attacking a puppy Straight Face

1) Don't do it. Pups from the same litter are much more difficult to train and are more likely to fight.
2) Again, don't do it! Get one, wait until the first dog is well trained & has started to calm down a little (about 18 months or so) and then get another.
3) I would recommend this. An older dog is less likely to attack a pup, than two pups growing up together & then fighting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 19:10

P.S. If you're interested in a specific mating/pup on champdogs and you want some help in seeing if it's a responsibly bred puppy, we're happy to have a look for you - just post the link!

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sun Apr 14 2013, 07:52

Anyone else get the impression this guy is going to have two pups regardless of the advice from you experienced staffy people? Maybe he will take advice from a novice.......Bacchus is my first staffy ( although I've had dogs all my life ) and I love him to bits but I would NEVER recommend you get two pups. One will give you twice the work, twice the exasperation, will require twice the patience, but will give you twice the love of any other breed.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think you really want advice. You want someone to say " go ahead you can handle two " .
Sorry but the people on here will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
I'm not trying to be unpleasant but the last thing we want is, 6 months down the line, yet another pup needing re-homed.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Tillcarr Tue Apr 16 2013, 23:10

Hello Batman Attacks, Please LISTEN to what people on here are telling you ! i would NEVER let someone take 2 puppies together from any litter of mine . Also i am very concerned that you are looking for a black male and a BLUE female... Our Rescues are FULL to the brim and more of puppies and older dogs needing re homed.
Tillcarr
Tillcarr

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:40

Tillcarr wrote:Hello Batman Attacks, Please LISTEN to what people on here are telling you ! i would NEVER let someone take 2 puppies together from any litter of mine . Also i am very concerned that you are looking for a black male and a BLUE female... Our Rescues are FULL to the brim and more of puppies and older dogs needing re homed.

Well said! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:39

Tillcarr wrote:Hello Batman Attacks, Please LISTEN to what people on here are telling you ! i would NEVER let someone take 2 puppies together from any litter of mine . Also i am very concerned that you are looking for a black male and a BLUE female... Our Rescues are FULL to the brim and more of puppies and older dogs needing re homed.

My thoughts on first reading aswell .... now why would someone specificaly want a black male and a blue female I wonder thinking
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 10:29

applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 13:23

Caryll wrote:

Well said! thumbs up

I'll 2nd , 3rd and 4th that not worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Wed Apr 17 2013, 14:50

Andy wrote:

My thoughts on first reading aswell .... now why would someone specificaly want a black male and a blue female I wonder thinking
Pay attention!!! He has to have a black boy in order to call him Batman. Surprised he doesn't want a blue BOY, then he could put a red cape on it and call it Superman.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 16:50

reuben wrote:
Andy wrote:

Pay attention!!! He has to have a black boy in order to call him Batman. Surprised he doesn't want a blue BOY, then he could put a red cape on it and call it Superman.

Yes, but why a blue female? Maybe to breed blue pups & make some £s???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 16:56

Classic, Rodger rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Wed Apr 17 2013, 18:47

MatLogan wrote:Classic, Rodger rolling on the floor

Feel a bit guilty now Matt. He's too easy a target, but seriously needs to listen to the advice you guys have been given. I can't figure out if he is very young or just socially inept.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 17 2013, 20:21

reuben wrote:
Andy wrote:

My bad .. silly me Tongues
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Apr 18 2013, 02:22

You seem like a first time dog owner! Helping your friend "raise" their dogs is completely different than actually raising a puppy! It is a ridiculous amount of work!! Pretty much a full time job! I would never recommend you get two pups from the same litter for all the reasons everyone else said! They could actually become more attached to each other and not bond as much with you and you said in another post that is why you are need a pup right this second! Do not get two pups at once! You need to just get once first and then later on if you feel you can handle more responsibility and spend more money on food, vet bills etc, then get another! Is the reason you want two is bc you want to breed them? Not to be rude but that's what it seems like! If you really care about dogs and want your pup to grow into a well behaved, healthy, happy, and trained dog then you will start off with just one! The people on this site are talking from experience and know a lot more than you do (again not to be blatant or disrespectful, you are here for advice) so you should listen to them! I'm also not sure why you specifically need a black male and a blue female slightly odd! Also why have breeders been untrusting of you???????
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 02:25

CaraJeff11 wrote:You seem like a first time dog owner! Helping your friend "raise" their dogs is completely different than actually raising a puppy! It is a ridiculous amount of work!! Pretty much a full time job! I would never recommend you get two pups from the same litter for all the reasons everyone else said! They could actually become more attached to each other and not bond as much with you and you said in another post that is why you are need a pup right this second! Do not get two pups at once! You need to just get once first and then later on if you feel you can handle more responsibility and spend more money on food, vet bills etc, then get another! Is the reason you want two is bc you want to breed them? Not to be rude but that's what it seems like! If you really care about dogs and want your pup to grow into a well behaved, healthy, happy, and trained dog then you will start off with just one! The people on this site are talking from experience and know a lot more than you do (again not to be blatant or disrespectful, you are here for advice) so you should listen to them! I'm also not sure why you specifically need a black male and a blue female slightly odd! Also why have breeders been untrusting of you???????

He wants to call the black one Batman Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Apr 18 2013, 05:07

Very silly..regardless of the color of the dog you can name the dog batman! Picking a puppy based solely on wanting to name him batman bc you think the dog being black in color goes along better with that name is a little strange! Just to point something out..this may be why breeders have been unwilling to let you have a pup!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 07:59

CaraJeff11 wrote:Very silly..regardless of the color of the dog you can name the dog batman! Picking a puppy based solely on wanting to name him batman bc you think the dog being black in color goes along better with that name is a little strange! Just to point something out..this may be why breeders have been unwilling to let you have a pup!

I agree. Don't get caught up on colours or names, def not accessories. The right dog is more important. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 08:01

MatLogan wrote:
CaraJeff11 wrote:Very silly..regardless of the color of the dog you can name the dog batman! Picking a puppy based solely on wanting to name him batman bc you think the dog being black in color goes along better with that name is a little strange! Just to point something out..this may be why breeders have been unwilling to let you have a pup!

I agree. Don't get caught up on colours or names, def not accessories. The right dog is more important. Smile

It does tend to create a picture of Immaturity Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 08:18

Batman Attacks wrote:Hello guys. Some of you may remember me. I was after getting a puppy however it fell through due to trust issues with the breeder.

Do any of you know some trusted breeders that will be capable of producing a litter with the following (Don't mind if they're from separate litters in fact it's preferable. Preferably from West Yorkshire but I can travel). I desire them to be KC registered.

2) Blue colored female.

I know it may seem I am being very specific, but I don't mind if they changed growing up.
Yes, there's a few who do all the health tests, home checks and a life time guarntee to support/rehome if the need ever arised. Personally i'd sit down and think this through
Smile

Last edited by kenny d on Thu Apr 18 2013, 08:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 08:27

Batman Attacks wrote:Hello guys. Some of you may remember me. I was after getting a puppy however it fell through due to trust issues with the breeder.

2) Blue colored female.

Sorry, i didnt read all of your post. It seems your looking for two dogs to breed from. x
Health should always come before colour. I could just be assuming you want to breed, and if im right, please stop and think this through. There 1000's in rescue, 1000's put to sleep daily. If im wrong im sorry, but thats how it sounds. x

Back to top Go down

Post by bexyboo Thu Apr 18 2013, 08:48

Sorry batman but I agree with the others.
Bella's old owner had Bella and her brother Rocky, They couldn't train them because they were Always play fighting - which would sometimes turn nasty. We got Bella at 16 weeks because the owners couldn't cope anymore (plus they split up)
Bella has been a dream to train we've had her 2-3 weeks and now knows Sit, Lay down, Roll over, and is puppy pad trained but it was a hell of a lot of work to teach her that and get her out of bad habbits - With two toddlers lol.
Don't get two pups just stick with one from a good breeder Smile
bexyboo
bexyboo

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 4 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Apr 18 2013, 09:56

I'm quite concerned for this guy. I know I've had a wee bit of a go at him but I mean this in a caring way. Not only doesn't he know what he wants but what he thinks he wants changes from hour to hour and all for the wrong reasons. Is this need for a dog a passing whim? I am increasingly convinced that the reputable breeders he is contacting are picking up on this, hence their refusal to let him have a puppy. The danger now is, he is likely to go to a BY breeder and they will give him what he wants regardless of the consequences.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:02

reuben wrote:I'm quite concerned for this guy. I know I've had a wee bit of a go at him but I mean this in a caring way. Not only doesn't he know what he wants but what he thinks he wants changes from hour to hour and all for the wrong reasons. Is this need for a dog a passing whim? I am increasingly convinced that the reputable breeders he is contacting are picking up on this, hence their refusal to let him have a puppy. The danger now is, he is likely to go to a BY breeder and they will give him what he wants regardless of the consequences.

Know how you feel Rodger, Batman Attacks is meaning no harm IMO, a lot of it is to do with youth I believe Wink

I feel a lot of it is "just talk" about the breeders also, I fear going to a BYB also as they are quite happy to take advantage of people who just don't know. Nobody here is trying to offend you Batman, it is just very worrying for people to read some of these off the wall ideas.

That why I maintain a rescue is the way to go, no less of a Stafford and you'll get nothing but great help from the great people who work in them Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:03

reuben wrote:I'm quite concerned for this guy. I know I've had a wee bit of a go at him but I mean this in a caring way. Not only doesn't he know what he wants but what he thinks he wants changes from hour to hour and all for the wrong reasons. Is this need for a dog a passing whim? I am increasingly convinced that the reputable breeders he is contacting are picking up on this, hence their refusal to let him have a puppy. The danger now is, he is likely to go to a BY breeder and they will give him what he wants regardless of the consequences.

That, unfortunately, is only too true. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Fri Apr 19 2013, 02:48

I feel the same way too! I dont think he should get ANY puppies right now! Also the fact that he just ran away from this discussion and started posting new things so he doesnt have to confront this!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Fri Apr 19 2013, 14:46

Woah. I am still here Cara.

1) I'd never go to a backyard breeder. Why? Because I post whatever litter I have seen on here and have YOU guys go over them. And I never go after them after this.
2) I've had one breeder turn me down. The other I didn't trust. Me.
3) I have actually been looking into rescues haven't I? Which is a post I did.
4) My views change because you guys tell me different things. And I am admittedly inexperienced. I have admitted this. Which is why my views change.
5) I feel like you guys are actually stereotyping me.

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19 2013, 14:55

No-one's stereotyping you, we're just going by your posts that sometimes you do come across as a bit immature or naive in not being sure what you want. No offence, it's not intended to be an insult, we've all been there. I got Loki from a bad breeder because I was naive and didn't do the right research, so I'm the last person insulting you for it. But everyone's here to help you find the right dog for you, whether that's a puppy or a rescue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down