+4
stig
Richardspencer
rescuestaffords
jshrew
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack - Page 2 Empty Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack

Post by jshrew Wed Apr 10 2013, 15:22

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone watch this last night?

I hadn't seen any of his stuff before just seen some of the posts on here so thought I would see what it was all about

The concept of the show is a 'problem' overlooked rescue dog goes out to Millan's pad in Spain! then three 'families' work with the dog to see how they react and handle it. The best 'leader of the pack' gets to rescue the dog. While I'm not overly comfortable with the concept and some of the correction methods the fact that its showing that not all rescue dogs have to be problem dogs and that not all dogs are right for certain people is quite interesting viewing.

Last nights dog was toy obsessed (As Ledger is with the ball) so I tried the 'TSSST' sound today to get him to release and my god it worked he immediately stopped jumping and sat down the big test will be at agility tonight if I can stop him going for the handle of the lead (he has chewed through two as comfort so is on a chain while we wait for our go)

Anyway I think its next week that they have a staffy and something was mentioned about them being overlooked in rescue centres due to media so I will wait and see how it does all come across.

jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack - Page 2 Empty Re: Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:04

Barbara Woodhouse was almost as bad as CM! Her advice to a friend of mine, who had a slightly aggressive GSD was "Get the vet to pull her teeth out - then she can't bite". I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack - Page 2 Empty Re: Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:05

Caryll wrote: "Get the vet to pull her teeth out - then she can't bite". I dont want to s

I have heard people say this before too I dont want to s I dont want to s

Unbelievable

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:41

Caryll wrote:"Get the vet to pull her teeth out - then she can't bite". I dont want to s

Would a vet actually do it? I know they like snatching money at every opportunity but surely they wiuldn't pull out a dogs teeth!
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:42

bullsmommy1 wrote:I may have copied his techniques but atleast it worked! I'm happy with my result! Catty I'm simply saying in my opinion he's the expert non of yous are, true statement that isn't being nasty or whatever, you don't have to like him it's all done to personal choice but I do. Simple

yes you are being catty, he is as much an 'expert' as every single dog owner on this site and every other one. He has no qualifications.

Put simply he is a charlatan who should never have been given a tv show to brainwash alot of the people who watch and try to copy his quite frankly crap methods

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:43

Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack - Page 2 Funny_cat_zps9a887850
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Cesar Millan - Leader of the pack - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rupertsbooks Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:51

I love that insane Barbara Woodhouse teeth out advice.

No bad dog (provided they have no teeth).
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rupert
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Fri Apr 12 2013, 10:04

Fair enough he has no qualifications so I suppose no he isn't an expert, so he's a non dog expert who rehabilitates dogs, you don't like him, that's fair enough, people do I do, so feel free to ramble on as much as you like, meanwhile I'll just sit back and read with my very calm non aggressive dog, but then I did follow cesars methods so hay I best muzzle him in see he attack as obviously I must f scared him into submission. Yeah right!
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12 2013, 10:28

...and that, of course, isn't being catty?

Nobody is saying that his methods don't give results. However, they don't give the best results and some of them can prove not only dangerous to humans, but mentally injurious to the dog.

His methods are totally outdated and discredited. Even the man who thought up the 'pack leader' has admitted that he got it wrong!

So, CM is using out of date, discredited and dangerous methods - if you want to follow that then fine. But don't expect anyone who has an ounce of respect or love for their dog to follow or endorse it as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12 2013, 13:39

bullsmommy1 wrote:Fair enough he has no qualifications so I suppose no he isn't an expert, so he's a non dog expert who rehabilitates dogs, you don't like him, that's fair enough, people do I do, so feel free to ramble on as much as you like, meanwhile I'll just sit back and read with my very calm non aggressive dog, but then I did follow cesars methods so hay I best muzzle him in see he attack as obviously I must f scared him into submission. Yeah right!

Look if you want a proper discussion stop with the childish post, they are getting old now.

You are so blinkered into thinking CM is amazing but yet you've not seen any videos where he hits or kicks dogs, or do we watch what we want to see?

Oh and I'm sat with 2 dogs who aren't trying to eat me without the need to follow ANY so called expert, amazing no Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12 2013, 13:51

bullsmommy1 wrote:

Fair enough he has no qualifications so I suppose no he isn't an expert, so he's a non dog expert who rehabilitates dogs, you don't like him, that's fair enough, people do I do, so feel free to ramble on as much as you like, meanwhile I'll just sit back and read with my very calm non aggressive dog, but then I did follow cesars methods so hay I best muzzle him in see he attack as obviously I must f scared him into submission. Yeah right! .

Sarcasm doesn't win arguments. Wink If you want to get your point across without people getting annoyed, try being polite!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2