How embarrassing!!

Go down

How embarrassing!! Empty How embarrassing!!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 21:09

We met a staffy pup today called Bruno....omg how sweet! Anyway....we let them off together, they were inseparable even when people and dogs walked past, which im really happy about, however, Shéara kept pinning the pup down and trying to erm...hump him. They would run and pin each other down and as soon as the pup went submissive, Shéara would start. It went on for ages....is there a way I can stop this? Found it quite embarrassing. I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

How embarrassing!! Empty Re: How embarrassing!!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 21:14

A lot of dogs hump just due to over excitement. It maybe isn't the definitive way to stop it, but when we would have friends dogs round Logan would do that too, and I would have to distract him with a treat/toy to get him to break his fixation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 21:14

I think when Sheara tries to hump a dog (any dog), move him away for a moment to calm down. Not all dogs react kindly to it. Loki's best friend is always humping him and Loki doesn't mind Laughing but some dogs do, so best to stop him whenever he does it and get him out of the habit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:30

I do try do distract him with his ball and shout 'no' when he starts. To be honest, ive never seen him so excited, the guy said the same about Bruno, they went crazy!! T'was good to see them play although hes got some minor war wounds Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:49

Moo trys to hump her best boy play mate! Head side wherever! Its not all the time but certainly when she gets excited Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 01:16

Steff does this too Blushing She pins and humps any dog that is more submissive than her Rolling Eyes I always stop play when she does this for a few minutes in the hope that she will realise that when she humps play stops and she wants to play.. Fingers crossed she will get it soon Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down