aggresive dogs on walk.

2 posters

Go down

aggresive dogs on walk. Empty aggresive dogs on walk.

Post by katie.lm761 Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:14

Today me and sapphire went for a walk shes exerlant off the lead. Coming over the hill thier were two terriers on long leads owners nowere to be seen sapphire being nice went running upto them to say hello before she got thier i called her back to come and sit so i could put her on the lead. As i didnt know the dogs. I put her on the lead and the owners of the dogs appered over the hill to then they replied dont let her come over here to these! Thier not nice. Should these not be on short leads and have muzzles on? If thier not nice dogs and are aggresive to other dogs and people they dont know. I said this to the owners from a distance as they were growling at sapphire abd me and trying to run and jump at us. They replied no because ur dog should be on a lead. Why should sapphire have to stay on her lead as were i walk thieris plenty of room for her to go run and have fun playing hide and seek with all the other friendley dogs off leads. These leads they were on were like a lorry lenghtgh run from the owner. Xx

katie.lm761
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sapphir
Dog(s) Ages : 5month
Dog Gender(s) : bitch female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

aggresive dogs on walk. Empty Re: aggresive dogs on walk.

Post by katie.lm761 Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:48

Anyone any advice on a situation like this?

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sapphir
Dog(s) Ages : 5month
Dog Gender(s) : bitch female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 04:23

You were in the right, you recalled your dog and put her back on lead thumbs up Keep doing what your doing and as long as your girl will recall when she sees others there is no reason she should need to always be on lead..

Unfortunately not all dog owners are as responsible as you and it is something we all need to be careful of, some people are just plain stupid angry Some small dog owners also feel that their dogs can't do any real damage so therefore they let them do as they please angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 05:56

you did the right thing , personally I hate it when people just let their dogs run around on extenders in the middle of other strange dogs.
As long as you are 1000000000% confident that your dog will come back when called , and you can stop her approaching other dogs when you don't know them (without asking the owners first) then you've done nothing wrong. The moment she approaches dogs unannounced then you are really in the wrong under general dog etiquette. Personaqlly I always clip mine on around other dogs as I don't have this control, especially with Tommy the little evil one >Smile . You are only sadly suffering the prejudice that we all suffer at times so the best course of action if you've done nothing wrong is to give them a mouthful , tell them how ignorant and stupid they are and how they should have their dogs under control and move on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 06:12

You were right to call her back, they're just idiots. Yeah, your dog should be on a lead so theirs don't have to be Rolling Eyes stupid. When we had our old dog, who was dog-aggressive, he didn't wear a muzzle and he was allowed off the lead, but only on flat ground so we could see if there were dogs and then call him back to put him on the lead. Amazes me how irresponsible people are and then have the audacity to criticise other people for doing the right thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:01

Pfft some people are plain stupid, you did the right thing recalling her and she behaved brilliantly. Well done both of you Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:15

You were right and very responsible calling her back when you saw unfamiliar dogs. If all owners did this there would be a lot less problems. thumbs up

As for the other dogs, the owner is probably frustrated, but he's missing the point. It's a two way operation, both parties have to be responsible not just you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Apr 08 2013, 09:51

You did nothing wrong hun, they should keep a better check on their dogs if dog aggressive, it's ok being on the long leads but they should be more aware of what's going on around them and at least be able to see their dogs!!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down