Found new, easy way to groom Dempsey!

2 posters

Go down

Found new, easy way to groom Dempsey!  Empty Found new, easy way to groom Dempsey!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:41

He's always a pain in the bum when he's being groomed! He'll panic when I call him over, probably because he thinks I'm going to do something he doesn't like (For instance, when he hurts himself, we call him over to make sure it isn't serious). So he gets all twitchy and tries to dash for his crate.

When he realises it's just grooming, he settles down to enjoy it. Trouble being that he'll stretch out on his side so that I can get his belly, but refuses to turn over so I can do the other side. Tongues As far as he's concerned, his belly is the only thing that needs brushing.

So earlier, I was doing the washing up and had rubber gloves on. He came into the kitchen and I stroked him, forgetting I had gloves on. He went all glassy-eyed and loved it! Laughing As I did it, I noticed a lot of dead undercoat was being released! A lot better than his brush and mit!

Won't substitute proper grooming, of course. Smile Will be used at the beginning and end to get rid of dead hair.

Back to top Go down

Found new, easy way to groom Dempsey!  Empty Re: Found new, easy way to groom Dempsey!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:43

Maybe you could market the idea!

Back to top Go down

Found new, easy way to groom Dempsey!  Empty Re: Found new, easy way to groom Dempsey!

Post by janey Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:44

Good little tip there and a nice find for Dempsy Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:46

Yeah, I should buy packs of rubber gloves for £2 and sell each glove for £5! Big Grin

Just as long as Dempsey doesn't realise it's chewable. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:46

Great idea! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:47

thumbs up Nice one
Wet rubber washing up gloves is an old trick on getting pet hair off sofas so I can imagine it will be good for grabbing lose hair
Blue also thinks only his belly needs brushing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:47

inez maria wrote:Great idea! Big Grin

Thanks! Big Grin That'll be £5, please!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:48

Mike wrote: thumbs up Nice one
Wet rubber washing up gloves is an old trick on getting pet hair off sofas so I can imagine it will be good for grabbing lose hair
Blue also thinks only his belly needs brushing Laughing

Laughing Glad it's not just Dempsey then!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 19:02

Really good idea. Might help with all the little black hairs lying about everywhere in my house Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:01

Great idea Big Grin might help get his stupid hairs off my clothes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:29

Glad to help! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:26

Maybe Dempsey just has a thing for rubber gloves, not the weirdest I've ever heard of. Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:30

rolling on the floor It wouldn't surprise me!

I gave him a proper grooming just now. He loved every minute of it. Although a minute after I started, he flipped straight onto his back so that I could do his belly. Tongues Thankfully, he was so relaxed, he didn't care when I rolled him over to do his sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down