Found a new toy - virtually indestructible

5 posters

Go down

Found a new toy - virtually indestructible Empty Found a new toy - virtually indestructible

Post by densil Fri Mar 22 2013, 11:58

Densil's new toy arrived today - an orbee tuff cosmos ball (made by planet dog). He has been playing with it for an hour now and not managed to bit any bits off which is good. It is a soft bouncy ball which has a hole in, so I have put his dinner kibble in it as well. A lot better than the hard boomer ball he has and he also has a hard treat ball which makes an horrendous noise when he's rolling it around. It is expensive - I paid about £17, but well worth it as I have trouble finding anything he can't rip to pieces or else he isn't interested in. call me Big Grin
densil
densil
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Found a new toy - virtually indestructible Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Densil
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Found a new toy - virtually indestructible Empty Re: Found a new toy - virtually indestructible

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22 2013, 12:01

Thats great thumbs up Now we just need to see some pics Wink

Back to top Go down

Found a new toy - virtually indestructible Empty Re: Found a new toy - virtually indestructible

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22 2013, 12:04

What, no pics? Surprised

coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22 2013, 12:17

Looks like a tuff toy for sure. Logan won't play with tuff toys at all. He gets more use out of things that aren't exactly toys, he plays with a buoy off a boat and plastic bottles more than anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Fri Mar 22 2013, 14:08

As you can see from my avatar tuff toys dont last long with Katy, she loves plastic bottles too Mat & cardboard boxes Laughing

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Found a new toy - virtually indestructible B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Fri Mar 22 2013, 14:40

Pixee loves plastic bottles and cardboards too Laughing

I only have to rinse the plastic bottles out and Pixee is by my side waiting for the bottle Surprised Laughing
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22 2013, 15:49

I used to give my last dog a hockey ball because she was a bit smaller. It would be fairly indestructible but Logan would probably swallow it. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by densil Fri Mar 22 2013, 16:14

I used to give densil cardboard boxes with treats hidden inside. He used to love ripping them to shreds, but then he started to chew and swallow the cardboard so had to stop that one. Not sure about giving him plastic bottles -would be worried he would cut his mouth on them and swallow the pieces.

Will try and post a pic of him with the ball.
densil
densil

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22 2013, 16:19

Definitely looks tough. I might get him it for his birthday Big Grin I got him a lobster toy that was meant to be really tough but he's killed it Rolling Eyes. He likes the cheap toys quite a lot though.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Mar 22 2013, 16:37

Tara wrote:He likes the cheap toys quite a lot though.

Cheap toys all the way here, Moo doesn't like things she can't destroy!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22 2013, 16:39

Hard to beat a pair of socks too for Logan. Roll them up and throw them on the floor and he's in Heaven. That's what I use on the flirt pole too Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22 2013, 16:42

I bought him a £1 toy and it lasted about a week, whereas the lobster toy was £20 and lasted two months. Still has it, mind you, so suppose it was work it. Can't beat the cheap ones though Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by densil Sat Mar 23 2013, 10:50

As it's snowing today no walks - he won't go out the door, lol, so trying some of these suggestions. He wasn't a bit interested in the socks so I stuffed a treat in them which he soon got out and demolished and ignored the socks. Rinsed out an old milk container and put a couple of treats in there to make it more interesting and he played with it for about 10 minutes then I realised he had got the top off, so had to take that away as I was worried he would swallow and choke on it. Then he started ripping shreds off the bottle, so again I'm worried he will start swallowing it. This is why I daren't get him any cheap toys to demolish because he will actually eat and swallow it as well. The new cosmos ball is still in one piece though.
densil
densil

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by berribum Thu Mar 28 2013, 22:32

my dog has plastic bottles and boxes, loves them. i have also brought him cheap toys which he destroys and swallows bits. he has been sick a few times throwing up bits of toy. just been on amazon and ordered a stag bar and some more kong toys
berribum
berribum
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 9 mths
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by densil Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:39

Densil not much interested in the stag bars unless I smear peanut butter or honey on them, then he just licks it off and leaves them. He has a kong which he loves when stuffed with food/treats. The cosmos ball is still intact and I have been putting biscuits inside to entice him to play with it. I think he likes it because it is squishy. Worth every penny.
densil
densil

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down