5month old stafff tea problem and other things

4 posters

Go down

5month old stafff tea problem and other things Empty 5month old stafff tea problem and other things

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Mar 17 2013, 20:53

Sapphire my 5month old staff has a tea problem everytime i make a cup oftea she wants it she will sit and dig at my legs and will sit and talk and then bark and growel at me for some of my tea even though she has a bowel of water or puppy milk down can she have tea? Also she is mental she goes out for an hour in the morning and at night but she is still so hyper? And jumping up is a very big provlem weve done all the training ignore her till she sits for a love it worked for a while but now she just jumps so high she grts your face. and whats the best food for her to be on as she is forever eating but just looks tooskinny as she is always on the move and only sleeps at night. The vet said to give her pasta as well as her three meals she has two dry food and a steak at dinner pasta gave her poos.Xx

katie.lm761
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sapphir
Dog(s) Ages : 5month
Dog Gender(s) : bitch female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

5month old stafff tea problem and other things Empty Re: 5month old stafff tea problem and other things

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:15

Hi welcome to the forum Smile

In regards to the wanting your tea, best thing to do is put her in another room, somewhere boring like the bedroom/bathroom for a few minutes on her own then let her back in. Being put away from you will show her the behaviour is not excepted. Just make sure the room you choose is safe. No plugs/bleach etc.

In regards to the hyper-ness, she is very young and will be bursting with energy, is she getting enough exercise.

As for food, I feed James Wellbeloved and would recommend it to anyone. Smile

Last edited by MatLogan on Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

5month old stafff tea problem and other things Empty Re: 5month old stafff tea problem and other things

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:16

Why don't you could say hello, we'd love to hear more Smile

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:26

Oh yes she goes out for an hour in the morning and an hour at night and has lots to do in the day running around helping peyton my daughter be mischevious.

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:26

She can have tea yeah - i give alfie some at the weekends for a treat. I agree putting her in another room should help until she calms down. My Alfie is the same with the hyperness sometimes, i put it down to him being young still and full of beans! Stick with it though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:29

Thankz all would post a pick of her but dont know how to yet on my phone. X

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:31

Yeah would love to see some pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:35

Thankz.

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 17 2013, 21:48

Tea does contain caffeine and will add to the hyper activity. Looking forward to some pics
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Mar 17 2013, 22:27

Hi, me personally i would stop the tea as per matt adviced. Mt parents dogs use to be tea guzzlers and when people went round the dogs would have a sneaky drink which not very good for company haha plus as kathy explained it does contain caffeine

May be add extra time onto your walks and try some mental stimulation/training sessions as this may help her focus and tire her out a little
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Mar 17 2013, 22:54

We do lots of training she knows all the basics she likes to fetch things such as post and has masterd getting into cuboards. Thankz all still havent got to grips with getting a photo on using my phone lol. X

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Mar 17 2013, 23:17

I have uploaded the photos i want onto photobucket but how do i put them onto here help. Xx

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 00:28

If you click on the photo you want you'll see 'Image Links' on the right hand side. Click on that & copy the bottom (IMG) code, then paste it here. That's it!

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Mon Mar 18 2013, 15:38

Ahhh thankz i wipl need tobuse computer for that then. X

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Mar 18 2013, 21:11

Tea, no milk or suger is okay for dogs and some say it's good for them although I've found no clinical trials for dogs and the effects. in humans its a good anti oxident I assume this is the same for dogs.
its bizaar you brought this up as tonight i was talking to a dog walk friend who was complaining about his staffy finishing of his cuppa when ever he left the room lol. He'd also heard it was good from a guy with a 16 year old JRT who swears buy a cuppa for his pooch.

The problem your having is that black tea contains alot of caffine which isnt so good for a young already hyper pup. if your pooch is insistant on a cuppa, green tea contains alot less caffine. I'd only get worried when he starts dunking his biscuits in it while reading the newspaper lol
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down