new member would love some advice

+3
youngkaiser
gem
poppyandzacksmummy
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

new member would love some advice - Page 2 Empty new member would love some advice

Post by poppyandzacksmummy Sat Mar 05 2011, 07:59

First topic message reminder :

Hi all I hope I can get some advice from you??

I have kept Staffies for 15 years and have always had Dogs however 3 weeks ago I spoted a bitch staffy roaming the streets..to cut a long story short the owner let her out in the hope the dog catcher would take her Sad after a long discussion with the family (I have only ever bought KC reg and lately DNA tested..dont agree with over breeding byb) we decided we would offer her a home....she is the most lovable little girl and has settled in very nicely...heres my dilema...shes PREGNANT arrrgh..right so ive bought her everything she needs box, cage, whelping kit, copious amounts of quality puppy food and have trailed the net for advice, I took her to the vets last week because she had a really bad ear infection and spent a fortune on antibiotics and drops but she is my responsabilty now and im worried i wont be good enough for her when she whelps...i have no idea when she is due but she has milk and you can see the pups fighting in her tum..the vet couldnt feel anything last week although she didnt try very much...she wont let me take her temp rectally...is there anything else i could do to determine when shes due?? she gets very stressed if i take her out in the car so i dont think id be able to get her xrayed..ps dads a staff and i have homes for 5 pups
poppyandzacksmummy
poppyandzacksmummy
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy, Zack
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

new member would love some advice - Page 2 Empty Re: new member would love some advice

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10 2011, 08:25

would love xome pictures when you have time

Back to top Go down

new member would love some advice - Page 2 Empty Re: new member would love some advice

Post by poppyandzacksmummy Wed Mar 16 2011, 12:21

Sorry i havent been on for ages but what an absolute nightmare we have had....thurs night poppy started to push again after stopping for almost 24 hours...i called the vet and they gave her a shot of something...she delivered a huge stillborn little girl...we were sent home then the next day she started again and gave birth to a stillborn boy..OMG....we lost 2 puppys the first had a cleft pallette the second which i fed for 3 days every 2hrs (whelpi) developed a lump on his neck and passed in my arms on saturday morninig early hours...i can tell you i have never cried so much ever and urge all those who are thinking of breeding to get leave it to those who know what their doing because no matter how much research you do it cant prepare you for what has happened to us over this last week....poppy went to the vets last night for another check and all is well as are the 2 boys and 2 girls which weigh in at 15oz, 1lb, 1,2oz, and a massive 1,10oz @ 7 days.. all have new homes waiting thankfully but the vets bill is not for the faint hearted....I promise to get the piccys on in the next few days.....phfewww never ever again...cant wait for her to get spayed in a couple of months poor little thing has been through hell and back Crying or Very sad
poppyandzacksmummy
poppyandzacksmummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy, Zack
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 14:19

Oh, what an awful time you've had, but at least you tried your best with teh ones that didn't make it - that's all you can do.

As to getting the poor girl spayed, I think it's the best thing to do for her - she's been through enough.

When you get a chance we'd all love to see some pics.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Mar 16 2011, 14:29

Leigh, you have been through an ordeal, well you and Poppy. As Caryll said you did everything you could and I really do take my hat off to you! You should be so proud of the ones you have, you coped amazingly well.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 14:33

Such a shame, so sorry to hear you've had such an awful time of it. I hope all is well with Poppy and the 4 survivors and a big pat on the back to you for coping so well. You're a real credit to staffy owners and to the breed, Poppy was so lucky you found her. good job

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2