Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country!

5 posters

Go down

Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country! Empty Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country!

Post by rebeccaleanne Sat Mar 16 2013, 20:57

i got talking to this lovely old man at work today. Turns out he was born in the same town as me many years ago and was alive through the war. He went to OZ in the 50's i think and set up home there. he back over hear as his sister has just died which just leaves him now so he of back on April, i see him every day i work and will kinda miss him, he nicked named me muscles.

Any way i asked him 'is OZ what it is cracked up to be' is it better than the UK? and he said yes and more. Now i would up sticks and go tomorrow for a better life but the OH says he would miss his family too much dnt get me wrong i would as well but in this day and age you can Skype etc and theres always holidays. I know where ever you go there will always be daily problems but this country to me has gone down the pan!!!!

Would any of you ever up sticks and move out your country? if so why and were??
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country! Empty Re: Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:03

I've wanted to move to Granada, in Spain, or Holland. Don't know why Holland, just been there once and it's amazing. Spain because I love Spain, especially Granada, all the cultural differences and etc. The accent is pretty crap though Laughing. I'd find it hard though to be away from my parents, to be honest. Going from seeing them everyday to not very often. Yeah, Skype, but it's not the same thing. It's hard for me to think about that right now though because as it stands, my family are the only people in my life, so if I took that away, I'd have no-one. Whereas in reality, I'd move and make friends and etc., so it'd be OK.

I'd never move to Australia though. The HEAT. No. I doubt I'd live comfortably with the heat in the south of Spain, let alone Australia Laughing

Back to top Go down

Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country! Empty Re: Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country!

Post by Kathy Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:14

Money no object hubby and me have already decided that New Zealand is our home anyway. No doubt in our minds that's where we would go.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:16

Even though at times where I live is a nightmare, I don't think I'd leave. I love it here. And I couldn't leave my family/friends behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:18

I would give my right arm to leave, but would never have the guts to do it Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:20

I couldnt do it I am very much a home bird, and I would so miss my Mum and Dad ! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:23

Dnt get me wrong, i would miss my family so much but i dread to think what this country will be like in another 10 tears when my som is older. It scares me so much!!

rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:24

Kathy wrote:Money no object hubby and me have already decided that New Zealand is our home anyway. No doubt in our minds that's where we would go.

How come?!

janey wrote:
Were would u go janey
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:26

rebeccaleanne wrote:Dnt get me wrong, i would miss my family so much but i dread to think what this country will be like in another 10 tears when my som is older. It scares me so much!!

It's not just the UK though, it's more or less everywhere. Except maybe Canada Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:28

rebeccaleanne wrote:

janey wrote:
Were would u go janey

Any where other than here atm! Oz would suit me nicely, keeping my eyes open for a transfer. But I still wouldn't leave here, haven't got the balls to do it Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:29

rebeccaleanne wrote:Dnt get me wrong, i would miss my family so much but i dread to think what this country will be like in another 10 tears when my som is older. It scares me so much!!

I was only talking to a man the other day who is from New Zealand and has lived here for 20 years. His accent was still very apparent, He said the same that the way this country is at the mo and how its going it was time for him to go back. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:29

My o/h's parents moved there 17 year ago, after coming here to visit and getting an insight into the kids over here and their vile language she has been pushing for us to go over there, even more so now she knows we need extra support, they would sponsor us and being a mechanic I'm quite high up on the points system, and the pay would be very good aswell, could be exagurated but they tell me a mechanic over there can earn $75 per hour, finding this too good to be true I, like you dug a little further and spoke to a few people who had gone over, 50% came back and 50% would never come back,. English food and alcohol is extortionate, the cost of living is apparently quite high, meat is supposedly vile as is the chocolate as it has preservatives in to stop melting, I couldn't do it personally and I have given it a lot of thought, it's too far from home and too close to the o/h's parents for my liking, I'd miss my family and the town I live in(it's a sh1thole, but it's my sh1thole) and my grandpa depends on us, however he has stated when he passes away he would like us to use the inheritance to move somewhere where the kids will have a better quality of life, if we were to leave the country I don't know where we'd go, preferably somewhere where the English choose not to reside, I know thats harsh but there's nobody else to blame for the state of this country.
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sat Mar 16 2013, 21:41

janey wrote:
rebeccaleanne wrote:

janey wrote:
Were would u go janey

Any where other than here atm! Oz would suit me nicely, keeping my eyes open for a transfer. But I still wouldn't leave here, haven't got the balls to do it Xx

Transfer with work?

inez maria wrote:

I was only talking to a man the other day who is from New Zealand and has lived here for 20 years. His accent was still very apparent, He said the same that the way this country is at the mo and how its going it was time for him to go back. Smile

This old guy was the same he rented a flat and is living next door to a right mare! He said he not got long left and he doesnt want to live his days out in this dump

stig wrote:My o/h's parents moved there 17 year ago, after coming here to visit and getting an insight into the kids over here and their vile language she has been pushing for us to go over there, even more so now she knows we need extra support, they would sponsor us and being a mechanic I'm quite high up on the points system, and the pay would be very good aswell, could be exagurated but they tell me a mechanic over there can earn $75 per hour, finding this too good to be true I, like you dug a little further and spoke to a few people who had gone over, 50% came back and 50% would never come back,. English food and alcohol is extortionate, the cost of living is apparently quite high, meat is supposedly vile as is the chocolate as it has preservatives in to stop melting, I couldn't do it personally and I have given it a lot of thought, it's too far from home and too close to the o/h's parents for my liking, I'd miss my family and the town I live in(it's a sh1thole, but it's my sh1thole) and my grandpa depends on us, however he has stated when he passes away he would like us to use the inheritance to move somewhere where the kids will have a better quality of life, if we were to leave the country I don't know where we'd go, preferably somewhere where the English choose not to reside, I know thats harsh but there's nobody else to blame for the state of this country.

I know every were u go can be pants but look how everything is now hear?! I see ure from yorkshire stig i know we are lucky we dnt live in worse places but the gov hear nackered and i cant see us getting out of it!

My OH would not go at this moment in time were id have are bags packed yesterday haha

I dont know how i would go with points im an regional manager
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 22:04

My nephew moved with his job to Oz 5 years ago, on a 4 year contract, and has chosen to stay on as he loves it there. My sister misses him like crazy - there is skype etc but it's not the same.

He can afford to visit England far more easily than his family can afford to visit him (ratio 4:1 visits).

Personally I love England but hate the way it is going. I don't have the choice but to stick here, as Oz wouldn't accept me at my age, so the question as to whether I would emigrate is academic.

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sat Mar 16 2013, 22:13

Rebecca if you go on immigration expert (think thats what I did it on)and fill the form out it will tell you how many points you have, they junk mail about twice a month after you've done it but you can unsubscribe, you have to pay them to go any further but I got to the points bit without having to pay for it
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Australia and upping sticks and moving out of the country! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 16 2013, 22:23

I'd be looking to transfer with the company, not so much because of England but feel I'm at a dead end.

Anyway never would have the guts too. Go for it though if you do Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 17 2013, 07:27

everywhere is the same etc, crime, dumbess and spoons only thing that differenet in oz is the weather & all the dodgy animal you have to keep a eye out.....

i would never leave you could pay me millions i never leave me country

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 17 2013, 08:35

i think you find every country you goto are going similar problems, there going be druig dealer, brown/ crack wannt rob your stuff, there going be murders, there going be oh beater and so on the uk is not alone in this, have you seen some place in oz they just as bad places in the uk..

look i can see how bad the uk is but thinking your going have a better life else where sorry but your very mistaken, only time you are going a better life if you buy your own island and kick everyone off it.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Mar 17 2013, 08:49

Haha steve am not planning on upping sticks any time soon, just a little pipe dream. Theres things in this country and how i think its run that i do not agree with. My OH wud never leave and i will go were ever he goes Smile

I know every were else has crime etc just wondered what everyone else thinks about it all Smile
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 17 2013, 09:11

we had this debate a while ago people was just saying the same you have much better life away from this country.... i just dont agree with it you may have better weather that is it there going be crime, there going be druggy wanting to rob you and so on. only time you get a better life you if you have a lot of money then you dont need to worry about a thing you could go away has many time you like to recharge

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Mar 17 2013, 09:13

Steve wrote:we had this debate a while ago people was just saying the same you have much better life away from this country.... i just dont agree with it you may have better weather that is it there going be crime, there going be druggy wanting to rob you and so on. only time you get a better life you if you have a lot of money then you dont need to worry about a thing you could go away has many time you like to recharge

Haha i know steve Smile we all have little dreams of what we think would be a better life for our selves and loved ones Smile
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down