second season

2 posters

Go down

second season Empty second season

Post by becki2009 Tue Feb 26 2013, 09:51

sky is now in her second season ( she will be being spayd as soon as this one is over) all she has done for a week is sleep. we are not going on walks for at least another week due to attracting males. there are a lot of off lead dogs around where we live due to fields, dog parks etc. She just looks really sad. not even playing. really needy and i have to work 6 hours a day with travel time. is there anything i can do to make her feel happier? when im home were just snuggling on the sofa. ive never seen her so energetic less and lazy. is it normal?
becki2009
becki2009
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sky
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

second season Empty Re: second season

Post by janey Tue Feb 26 2013, 10:14

Not a lot you can do. I did walk Moo when she was in heat as I don't have a garden so maybe just some road walking might cheer her up a bit. You will have to wait approx 3 months after the season has ended to have the op. Lots of snuggle time is in order Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26 2013, 10:47

How long has she been in season this time? If it's only a week, then you have to be ultra careful for the next two weeks, not one!

They can be a bit lethargic, but as long as she's eating & drinking ok I wouldn't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by becki2009 Tue Feb 26 2013, 11:49

oo well she started bleeding last tuesday. so been bleeding a week. o she only really gets up for food or water. just very odd to see her so quiet!
becki2009
becki2009

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26 2013, 12:17

I always used to work the time out from the day I first noticed blood - three full weeks from that day. So you've still got 2 weeks to go, and most of that will be the worst time of it. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by becki2009 Tue Feb 26 2013, 12:21

o bless her. did you keep your dogs inside too? i just dont want to risk it. i will take her to my mums with us sunday to get out. they have a big house and my sister is coming to sit with her for an hour friday. just feel sorry for her. want to give her lots of treats but obviously dont want her gettng tubby either! poor sky
becki2009
becki2009

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26 2013, 12:24

I used to take them out on lead only for the first 10 days, avoiding busy periods wherever possible. The 2nd 10 days or so I'd mainly keep them in, but with the occasional trip out just to stop the boredom. Never off lead, though, and if I saw a dog in the distance I'd be turning the other way & running home! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down