Lord give me strength!!

5 posters

Go down

Lord give me strength!! Empty Lord give me strength!!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 11:51

We are now 8 days since 1st spotting of 1st season Crying or Very sad

She has NEVER whined this much over anything.. Surprised

But we are incident free, she is keeping herself clean and cleaning up any "mess" she makes.. Except the 2 toilet rolls and 4 stuffed toys she decided "needed" to be torn into as many pieces as possible.. Rolling Eyes

As I said 8 days since 1st blood, and it now seems to have stopped.. How much longer should I keep her "Safe"? She hasn't wanted to go out, all she wants to do is moan, whine and sleep.. (and occassionally tear things apart)
Also she is always sooo hungry (unlike her) confused is this normal??

Back to top Go down

Lord give me strength!! Empty Re: Lord give me strength!!

Post by *Karen* Sat Feb 23 2013, 12:34

I think a season normally lasts about 3-4 weeks but after the first week or so it should turn a straw like colour, hopefully someone else will be along soon to offer a bit more advise as my Mia's seasons weren't the "norm" and were a year ago now so hard to remember!

I would definitely keep her away from males for a good few weeks though especially if she is keepin herself very clean as it might be that she's licking away the evidence!

She can still go out though, just keep her on a short lead and walk her at antisocial hours!!
*Karen*
*Karen*
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Sat Feb 23 2013, 12:35

Ps I would say the moodiness and hunger are quite normal much like when one of us girls are on!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:35

Never had an unspayed female dog before, so I have no idea, but sympathy hug for you (and pass one on to Steffi Big Grin) >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:38

I get hungry when I'm having one of my 'seasons'. Tongues Poor girl!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:42

Laughing

Even when I was 14 though I don't think I ever whined about it quite as much Laughing Mum tells me I got quite * and destructive though I don't remember that angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:43

A season lasts approx. 21 days from furst signs until the very end.

The first 10 days isn't too bad - dogs will be interested in her, but she won't be interested in them - the second 10-14 days are when you really need to keep an eye on her & keep her safe. Not only will the boys be interested in her, she'll be a complete & utter tart!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:44

Kylie wrote: Laughing

Even when I was 14 though I don't think I ever whined about it quite as much Laughing Mum tells me I got quite * and destructive though I don't remember that angel

I get a little short-tempered, but it's mainly the cramps that get to me. Thought I was going to pass out last time! Laughing Keep meaning to get a doctor's appointment to get the pill. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:51

girls , girls , girls please keep it staffy we don't really need to know what you are like , it is sort of expected, that's why women shouldn't be allowed to do jury service , just because of that one time of the month when everybody is guilty Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:55

Dave wrote:girls , girls , girls please keep it staffy we don't really need to know what you are like , it is sort of expected, that's why women shouldn't be allowed to do jury service , just because of that one time of the month when everybody is guilty Laughing

How would you like it if somebody kicked you in the crotch every time you moved? Laughing Us girls need to take it out on somebody. Since we love animals, it has to be men! Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:55

Caryll, is 1st sign first show of blood? Or when she 1st swelled up? Planning on total lockdown for a while anyway nail biting Girls?? Who on earth would have them I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sun Feb 24 2013, 11:38

Dave wrote:girls , girls , girls please keep it staffy we don't really need to know what you are like , it is sort of expected, that's why women shouldn't be allowed to do jury service , just because of that one time of the month when everybody is guilty Laughing

If you think they hate men at that time of the month, you should hear them in labour. You'd think they'd had nothing to do with it. Laughing Laughing
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Feb 24 2013, 12:56

im the same i have a male so i couldnt advice but i would presume that a female would have similar side effects as female humans .............. Smile
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Sun Feb 24 2013, 13:03

On our unspayed chow we used to clean up her privates with baby wipes before going out. But still we kept to unsociable hours and didn't let dogs smell her.
Mani
Mani
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Lord give me strength!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 12:07

Its been a while since lexi was spayed so i can't remember lol but if shes cleaning up after herself you may not notice any spotting so you might have to get a bit of toilet paper and...yeah...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 21:52

Kylie, sorry be a downer but it ain't over yet I'm afraid. Steffi needs to be kept "safe" for another 2-3 weeks yet.

Is the moaning and whining because she is being kept indoors "for the duration"? She CAN go for walks (on a lead of course!), preferably at anti-social hours, and you will need to clean her up before she goes, put some strong-smelling stuff on her (like your best perfume) to cover up her come-hither scents, and watch her like a Victorian chaperone.

And when it is finally, finally over (which it will be!) you have about 6 months to sort her out, if that's what you decide to do.

Good luck - be strong! >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Feb 25 2013, 22:28

Laskas first season was exactly 3 weeks and apart from first 5 days she was getting attention. I bathed her after 3 weeks and it stopped the attraction. And oh my what a tart she was in second week. I was dreading it ay she is my first female dog but tbh it wasnt that bad. Couple of months until next and i bet she make me eat my words...
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 23:09

Thanks for the support everyone Big Grin

Lynda, she is definitely still going on 2 walks a day I have been taken her to the offleash park for the last 2 nights and that has certainly helped, she has missed her doggy friends terribly Sad I have been meeting 3 friends of mine down there, they have helped me by going down later than usual when no one else is there. They have between them a desexed male black lab, a desexed x bull arab and a female staffy x Big Grin It has settled her down immensely just having some doggy play, she has played with other dogs almost daily since I first got her and these 3 have been her bestfriends for the last couple of months. Last night after playing with them she was soo happy and relaxed and slept soundly all night. I am planning to go down again tonight, they get there first and let me know when it is "safe" Laughing

No issues yet with the neighbours dogs and she hasn't started with the tarting yet, I guess that is all still to come though Rolling Eyes

Ohh well about half way through Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down