Mark
stig
Jackieb
janey
pongy
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? - Page 2 Empty My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:28

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I'll try my best not to say anything too bad here...

Lately ever since the lighter nights have started coming in the children round where I live have been,

• Climbing into my back garden, where Logan is
  • Slamming their ball against the fence at him.

• Teasing him

• And just now and worst of all I just caught them throwing things in at him, bamboo sticks which the wee rats had sharpened, and things he could choke on namely a key.

I have went out numerous times and calmy asked them to stop and told them they were annoying my dog.

Just there I said "did you throw all this into my garden?" and they said "yea we did" i said did they know my dog would choke on this stuff and they said "yea I know". I said they'd better not throw anything again and I'd be watching them, but as soon as I turned my head they went to throw more!

Now, I don't have kids nor do I like them. But I have always kept my cool until now, I could literally tear someone apart. I know this will solve nothing though and if I complain to their useless parents I'll be public enemy number 1 where I live and Logan will most likely get fabricated complaints as people round here look down at hime anyway.

I don't know how I should deal with this properly. I'm afraid to even let Logan out without having to check they haven't thrown something over that could harm him. What would you do?

angry angry angry

Back to top Go down

My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? - Page 2 Empty Re: My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:44

Kathy wrote:How has it been today Mat ? Are they on half term in your area this week ? This may make things slightly worse for you this week. What age group are the little darlings ?

I've been at work from early morning so I haven't got to see yet. I didn't sleep one second last night from being so annoyed, Logan knew this obviously and was clinging on to me all night.

They are on half term unfortunately so I assume I'll have it all week. They are probably early to mid teens so they are at the age that they are rebelling. Lord knows I did it too but I never vandalised or disturbed everyone (just my poor parents :-$ ).

I guess the only saving grace is that in order for me to build up any sort of evidence they are gonna have to actually do it again so I can record it. I could moan about it all day, but in theory I don't have proof of anything...

Back to top Go down

My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? - Page 2 Empty Re: My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please?

Post by Gazagem Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:55

I feel for you about 5 yrs ago we had alot of kids doing the same at the time though we had 2 gsds both big and one pure black and at night his eyes would show red in the lights
Anyway it came to about 1-2 am and they were still throwing cans etc in the road and over our fence and just making lots of noise so my oh went out with the black gsd held by his collar and the other loose
The loose one went round the other side of the kids and sat down just starring at them. He politely told them to leave as they started to make noise telling him to F off the black gsd barked and so did the other one. I have never seen a bunch of kids move so quickly and quietly ( although it could have been the site of my oh in his dressing gown lol)
We have never had any trouble since

Wish I could help more but defiantly agree with keeping a diary
Gazagem
Gazagem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:59

Just been thinking : I wander if you could get some of that anti thief paint and put it on the tops of the fence . I know they could still throw things over , but if they did climb they would be covered in paint that doesn't wash off and their parents would be cross. You could say you did it because you heard of burglaries in the area.
I get so cross that parents don't take responsibility for their kids behaviour Sad
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Mon Feb 18 2013, 14:00

Not the best idea but I could not help myself, time to start smashing some children's heads together if it were me, an if that did not work then pay someone to start breaking legs and arms.

Ok so that's not much help.

Other alternatives of course report it to the police and make a diary of everything they do with pictures and video evidence to backup you diary. Eventually the police will be able to do something.

Unfortunately by talking to them you have now made it worse, they know it annoys you and will keep at it till they find something else more interesting or are made to stop by other means.

johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.Sanders Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:22

Give a local,bit older kid a fiver to "" have a word "" Wink
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 30/07/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirsty Fri Feb 22 2013, 09:01

I have to echo all the suggestions made on here, keep a diary, photograph evidence, video what you can and speak to community support, police and RSPCA. (It might also make you feel better as you are doing something about it, you have some control back)

They are abusing an animal and they are harassing you. There are things in place to protect you (or should be... But that's another story).

I also thought about grease paint/anti theft paint. We had this on the tops of our fence when I was a child and the thought of 'bad people' trying to get in then being covered in this stuff made me smile Smile I'd research tricks on how to protect your property and implement as many as realistically possible. (Or watch Home Alone and do all of that Laughing )

Do you know what school they go to? I don't know if they can do anything as its not linked to them directly but it might encourage them to do a meaningful assembly on animal abuse and the consequences. You could appeal to them by voicing concern at the lack of morals some of their pupils are displaying? (May or may not work but worth a try?)

My opinion is that it's important not to stoop to their level (as tempting as it is!). Stay smart, be clever and you'll win. One thing I've always remembered that I was told was "You may not win the battle, but you'll win the war." A great one to remember when it's getting to you. And if you're taking steps to protect yourself and your beautiful dog (I know you shouldn't have to) then each time they chuck something over, or the other things they do, I would turn the rage to laughter, laugh at how they are making it easy for you to report them, they are helping give you evidence to use against them.

Good luck with whatever happens and please let us know what happens x
Wirsty
Wirsty
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bunsen
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirsty Fri Feb 22 2013, 09:11

Oh, I have more. Sorry to go on. Someone mentioned this earlier, about getting the, on side. It takes a strong person to do it. I couldn't but worth a shot.

My husband is great at this, but when there's someone who is being an 'idiot' (ahem). He is friendly to them. He's a bit of a charmer anyway (speshly with the ladies...speshly with older ladies..?!?) but it's amazing how people change when you get them 'on side'. Start off lightly, slowly. The odd hi, etc... And take it from there. Hopefully when a meaningful 'relationship' has developed (one in which you still hate them!) and they will listen to you, you can discuss how they behaved (in a passive manner), and subtly but thickly lay on the guilt.
Wirsty
Wirsty

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bunsen
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 09:14

Thanks!

Believe it or not since the last time, when I went out and spoke to them they haven't been back Surprised

I made a real effort at the time not to show I was annoyed either by shouting or making idle threats like contacting parents etc. So they would have got no enjoyment out of annoying me/Logan. I was very condescending towards them especially towards the one who thought it was funny, assuming he wouldn't want to come back and get embarrassed in front of his friends again.

I also make a point of calling Logan "the puppy" or "the wee dog" and kept him inside, because the way people are these days they'd have probably lied and said the dog was trying to attack them.

I was very glad for everyones concerns and advice though. I'm still hoping they won't be back Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin5 Fri Feb 22 2013, 14:25

Hope they stay away, Mat. Fingers crossed for you.
Griffin5
Griffin5
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 1yr 2mnths
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:55

My fingers and paws are all crossed as well Mat. I was so angry when I read your first post I just wanted to skin the little ... so-and-sos. Let's hope they've had their "fun" and got bored with it. Good luck Mat and Logan >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2