Mark
stig
Jackieb
janey
pongy
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? Empty My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:28

Ok, I'll try my best not to say anything too bad here...

Lately ever since the lighter nights have started coming in the children round where I live have been,

• Climbing into my back garden, where Logan is
  • Slamming their ball against the fence at him.

• Teasing him

• And just now and worst of all I just caught them throwing things in at him, bamboo sticks which the wee rats had sharpened, and things he could choke on namely a key.

I have went out numerous times and calmy asked them to stop and told them they were annoying my dog.

Just there I said "did you throw all this into my garden?" and they said "yea we did" i said did they know my dog would choke on this stuff and they said "yea I know". I said they'd better not throw anything again and I'd be watching them, but as soon as I turned my head they went to throw more!

Now, I don't have kids nor do I like them. But I have always kept my cool until now, I could literally tear someone apart. I know this will solve nothing though and if I complain to their useless parents I'll be public enemy number 1 where I live and Logan will most likely get fabricated complaints as people round here look down at hime anyway.

I don't know how I should deal with this properly. I'm afraid to even let Logan out without having to check they haven't thrown something over that could harm him. What would you do?

angry angry angry

Back to top Go down

My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? Empty Re: My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:36

Smack the cruel little idiots. We'll call that Plan B though. Will complaining to their parents solve nothing? I mean, are people in your area really going to see you as the enemy for not wanting some kids to harass and possibly harm your dog? I'm not sure what else you could do, but I'd definitely keep a close eye on making sure there's nothing possibly dangerous before you let Logan out. You should complain to someone, but I'm not sure who, sorry Sad I really hope it gets sorted out though.

Back to top Go down

My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? Empty Re: My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:36

I hate kids like this.

The time i got badly bit by chance was when 5 kids were trying to undo the gate on our back garden, which is stiff and we put extra bolts on, and throwing stones at him, and yet if he'd bitten one of them it would have been his fault!

Also had kids egg harv when he went out for a wee.

I don't care if people don't like it, but i'm not 'polite' to these kids, they get told where to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:38

I know what you mean Mat and a very difficult one other than just grabbing them all and tieing them up and telling them you are going to feed them all to Logan one by one and very slowly but suppose you'd get into trouble for that one too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:43

The problem is, parents of children like this do not care in the slightest what they do as long as they are left alone to sit about and do nothing. If I go over I'd be liable to meet someone that doesn't give a damn and I'd then lose my temper.

The fact that they just stood there grinning and sniggering that it was so funny that they'd been caught has made me so angry I'm literally breathless. When I was young if I'd have done this sort of thing my Dad would have literally killed me. Nowadays, where I live most kids just run wild and parents are too busy watching tv to do anything about it.

Like, we've all seen those pictures of poisoned food and sausages with nails in them. Whats to stop these wee rats doing that? They'd obviously chosen to throw something to purposely harm him.

In this situation I actually feel totally defeated.

Sorry to rant all the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:47

What sort of fence do you have? Can you make it safer?

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:48

That is so awful, nobody deserves that and poor Logan Sad . The only advice I can offer is start keeping a diary of events even video if possible,is it just you Mat? Or are others also having grief? if anyone else is being tormented then it's easier to complain, nuisance neighbours soon get moved on. I ended up fighting with an ahole of a parent and it solved nothing so please use the law as best as poss
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:49

I must admit mat, i have to check the garden everytime i go to let the boys, firstly to check no one is in the garden next door for chance.

But also to check no one has chucked anything in the garden that we haven't seen, i have had mysterious pointed sticks like yours turn up, random food like those little cocktail sausages ALL over the garden, broken glass and cans. The list goes on.

It's a ball ache but i check everytime just in case

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:50

Caryll wrote:What sort of fence do you have? Can you make it safer?

I put up a 7 foot+ fence a few days before I got Logan to hopefully avoid it. It if anything has probably made it worse because it just gives them something worth climbing lol!

Logan can't get out, and wouldn't hurt anyone but if they were to climb in he'd def jump up on them and most likely knock them down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:50

Oh like Caryll said could you not higher the fence or whatever?

We can't unfortunately being a rented house but would if we could

oops posted same time as you.

I don't no what to suggest mat

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:54

Get the hose out and put glass/barbed wire on top of the fence Big Grin

Failing that do you have community officers where you live? We have them here and they are really nice, might be worth a mention if your on there route.

I bloody hate kids like that, and the parents Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:54

dave742 wrote: Or are others also having grief? if anyone else is being tormented then it's easier to complain, nuisance neighbours soon get moved on.

The prob is, there are no rented houses here so people haven't really got the fear of their landlord being complained to.

I've just went inside because if I went to the parents I know in my heart I'd make thing much, much worse.

They are the typical useless looking people that stand out the front of their house smoking and don't look like they could care less about anything. I'd go over with a calm head on me and ask them to speak to them but I know what sort of reply I'd get. I'm also afraid of someone making up some BS lie about Logan, obviously stress can make you very paranoid...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:58

janey wrote:Failing that do you have community officers where you live? We have them here and they are really nice, might be worth a mention if your on there route.

Janey I didn't even know these existed!

I have checked online and I have found one that deals with the area I live in. I will call them and explain my situation. My only fear is for Logan. If he wasn't here I'd have no problem sorting it out myself but he is my priority.

Thanks a lot! That has really helped me! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:08

Failing that just kick em Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:10

Or pay bigger kids to kick em
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:14

Much more satisfying to kick them yourself Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:18

That's very true Janey, i really wish we could help by keeping watch while you kick Mat. But seriously Mat please keep us updated and lots of cuddles to logan and even you if needed Mat but not in the colourful way Blushing
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:20

Lol thanks Dave, I'm not the cuddling type though Wink

I'm having a good laugh at myself tbh, I hate losing my temper and poor Logan just wanted out to play with them. Laughing

Temper aside, it really isn't fair. I work very hard to be able to live here and I'm not gonna take it anymore. It'll be sorted soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:27

Try to get as much evidence as possible for the community officer, it will seriously help, i know over here they can even threaten home owners with eviction, just keep calm,don't beat yourself or anyone else up and do it the legal way
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:29

I will do Dave.

Thanks everyone for all their advice and for letting a big fella whinge for a bit. thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:52

I'd have no quarms spraying them with the hose. And I'd call the police, it's harassment. Maby the brats are known to the police ?

It's badically cruelty and harassment.
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:53

Good luck, and remember I'll always come round and kick them for ya Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:09

Keep a diary and pics on your phone of everything. Keep a detailed record of anything that happens. Makes me mad to think of poor logan being upset. You do however need to be careful of your reaction to things, be calm. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:21

Chiara wrote:Keep a diary and pics on your phone of everything. Keep a detailed record of anything that happens. Makes me mad to think of poor logan being upset. You do however need to be careful of your reaction to things, be calm. Big Grin

That's very true. I make a conscious effort not to swear etc. And after I had told them off I went inside and complained to my girlfriend lol. If they saw that it had annoyed me so much they'd most likely do it more often.

I'm gonna phone/email the support officer tomorrow to make him aware and then if anything has to be done at least I had made the first move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:22

I'd purposely film them doing it with a mobile phone. U can build up great evidence that way x
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:26

In anything like this you need a diary with times etc, any pics or videos of any nuisance. Then if someone tries to play the 'funny bu**er' with you, you're covered and they're that thick they won't have anything to back themselves up !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:29

I am disgusted with the behaviour of kids these days. It is essentially cruelty to animals and I would as someone else suggested take pics and recordings I also would be reporting them to RSPCA or at least telling them that!! Poor Logan I am with Janey I will come round and kick them for ya aswell!! Good luck Mat hope you get it sorted. thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:54

sorry to hear your having trouble matt.. but this is the modern day disgusting attitudes of parents and thier offspring nowdays which we all have to put up with. but the bottom line is logan deserves the right to be left in peace in his own backyard is that to much to ask of some people? if it was me bypass the parents[ they probably no anyway] and straight to the proper powers i hope your problems clearup quickly[bit of friendly advice] whatever you do dont do nothing m8..

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:59

Jackieb wrote:I'd have no quarms spraying them with the hose.

Thats the kind of thing they want, it's a reaction and once they've got one they'll be like a dog with a bone (no pun intended), much like the way trolls work on the internet, the difference is Logans safety is on the line so ignoring it till they get bored isn't really an option, unless you're prepared to only let Logan out when you can supervise until they hopefully get bored, other than that it's going to the police, I would be seething if it were my dog and I wouldn't be able to keep my cool, well done Matt.
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:17

i really feel for you we had the same trouble last summer. Try not to threaten them it comes back on you. we found if you just ignore their behaviour they stop doing it.
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:27

this is horrible matt, im sorry but i would litrally go out and blow a gasket id dont care at the end of the day its your property and logan is your dog i would tare strips off them and then the parents.

have you tried vandal grease?! i would put it all on the outrside of the fence
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:41

They need ASBO's slapped on them, I bet ur not the only household going thru this. I'd even get CCTV, or just signs of CCTV...anything as a deterrent.
The police must be able to do something, or the council ?
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:44

Matt, how dreadful for you and Logan. I can just imagine how worried, exasperated and furious you feel.

You've had lots of good advice above, so all I can do is say what I would do if it was me:-

Put the biggest, highest, sturdiest fence I could between my backyard and the brats (I can't begin to imagine what "pleasure" they get out of tormenting your dog if they can't even see the results of their actions.)

Check the backyard every time I let my dog out. If I find anything - [/i]keep it[i] as evidence.

Tell my local police/community officer of the harrassment.

Keep a detailed diary of every incident. Photos/videos if possible. And report it all to the police/community officer - every day if necessary.

Resist the temptation to retaliate to these little monsters, hard though it may be. Any retaliation will only add to their "fun" - unfortunately, and encourage them further. And also unfortunately, any retaliation from you will come back to bite you on the bum, law-wise.

I do wish you all the luck in the world Matt - please let us know how things progress.

Oh, and isn't it good we have this forum to let off some steam and get advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:47

Chiara wrote:Keep a diary and pics on your phone of everything. Keep a detailed record of anything that happens. Makes me mad to think of poor logan being upset. You do however need to be careful of your reaction to things, be calm. Big Grin

Best advice imo. And to add dont give up. Keep at the police until they do something and if they dont suggest to them that your taking your story to the press. The police are so over stretched they may not see your situation as a priority but remember thats not there fault. To my horror a friend on the force told me they have 19 officers on a good shift to look after herts biggest city and surrounding areas so you see why you have to stand out to get something done.
In the mean time bite your tongue unless they are on your property you cant do much without ending up in court yourself. Could try creating a persona for yourself, little gits around here all know me as the nutter with the crossbow and dogs who goes hunting every weekend...i dont go hunting lol but theyve seen me shoot a bolt through a incinirator and then on through a shed. Doesnt hurt to give the odd white lie every now and then to keep the sodd in place. Maybee sit in your garden just grinding an axe with a manic grin will do the job lol
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:52

Nathan wrote:[. Maybee sit in your garden just grinding an axe with a manic grin will do the job lol

Yeah thumbs up or looking like my ex wife waiting on the doorstep for me to get home from the pub rolling on the floor
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin5 Sun Feb 17 2013, 22:19

Maybe get in touch with your local council, the ASB department, they may offer to put up a camera to get a record of all that's going on. Hope you can get it sorted, nothing worse than living in fear Sad
Griffin5
Griffin5
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
My Blood Is Boiling - Advice Please? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 1yr 2mnths
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Nor Cal Mon Feb 18 2013, 00:00

Mat,

This really sucks... Kids, can be dangerous in packs! Laughing

Hey, have you ever tried inviting them to play with your dog instead? Maybe if they spent time with him and had you teach them about dogs they would view him different. Kids can be impossible unless you can get them to be on your team... Call them over to play with Logan and give them cookies and candy after they are done playing... Just a different idea for you.
Nor Cal
Nor Cal
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacon
Dog(s) Ages : Born 3/24/12
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Feb 18 2013, 00:24

I have a 6.5ft fence like this http://www.1stforfencing.co.uk/files/images/vertical%20slatted%20fence.preview.jpg but its the same on the other side of the post so the gaps are covered from the other side so you can't see through. I'd put carpet gripper on the inside of it so when the little ***** put there hands in to climb it they get a shock Smile carpet gripper on top aswell incase they get that high Smile

Last edited by Kathy on Mon Feb 18 2013, 11:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for language)
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 03:28

Bloody Kid's. This is just a thought, as i cant see the parents giving a sh..., do you think trying to get speak with these kids would help or do you think it could make them target you more. Im only suggesting this as i lived and worked on an estate with some horrible little wasters (i would call them something else but i wont). I used to work at the Youth club and came across loads of different issues. One thing I found that worked was being a bit up front with them. If i challenged them, i'd get worse back. If i showed interest in them (not their bad behaviour, but just them) I seemed to get some where. If you challenge them every time, it will become a grat laugh for them.
I totally understand if you disagree, because if they were doing this to Kenny, I'd go nuts.
I'd try putting Logan on his lead when these kids are about, purposly walk past them, say hi, if their ok with you, and they comment on Logan (nicely) chat with them.
I feel for you as Logan's safety is at risk. Im just concerned that your well with in your rights to sort this out, im concerned they'll get a kick from it.
How old are these kids? Are the parents aproachable? Sorry if what I've suggested is a bit softly, softly, i just think it could be worth a try. Good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 07:57

Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions on which way to deal with it. I agree everyone's advice should work well however I can't help but feel I'd be fighting a losing battle by confronting anyone myself and would most likely make it worse. The fact was the kids stood and laughed as they told me they knew it would have choked him. They were obviously intentionally trying to harm him. I would have called the police but they ran away shortly after and I'd have been wasting their time. The prob is they will be back again within the next few days surely.

I think my best option is to email my community support officer and ask for advice rather than put in a formal complaint. It dawned on me yesterday that I'm not certain which house each kid lives in.

It's great to see that a lot of people care and have had experience similar to mine. Thanks everyone Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 08:41

Matt, could you ask your vet and pet supplies store if you could post a notice asking if any other dog owners have had the same problems as you.. Maybe you could leave an email address or similar for people to contact you?? Strength in numbers Wink If these $%#@s are doing this to Logan surely they are targeting other dogs too.. You may find a lot of dog owners in your area are having issues with the same kids..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 08:49

rolling on the floor Dylan, my 9 year old just read your original post and wants to know where these "tools" live, he would like to sort them out for you Laughing He is getting rather animated about this topic Big Grin Unfortunately when I told him he would need to catch a plane to get there he buckled Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 08:58

Kylie wrote: rolling on the floor Dylan, my 9 year old just read your original post and wants to know where these "tools" live, he would like to sort them out for you Laughing He is getting rather animated about this topic Big Grin Unfortunately when I told him he would need to catch a plane to get there he buckled Laughing

Haha, Dylan you'd be a lot happier in sunny Austrailia than over here freezing! Thanks for your concern though!

I'll def make a real effort to find out Kylie, it's a nightmare. I've had some cracking advice here so I'll put it into practice now!

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Mon Feb 18 2013, 09:23

Kylie wrote: rolling on the floor Dylan, my 9 year old just read your original post and wants to know where these "tools" live, he would like to sort them out for you Laughing He is getting rather animated about this topic Big Grin Unfortunately when I told him he would need to catch a plane to get there he buckled Laughing

Nice one Dylan restoring faith in the youth of today and sticking up for the oldies like mat >Smile , protect the aged is the way to go rolling on the floor
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 09:40

dave742 wrote:Nice one Dylan restoring faith in the youth of today and sticking up for the oldies like mat >Smile , protect the aged is the way to go rolling on the floor

I really feel like I'm the grumpy old man... Laughing

I'm only 25 and the only young person where I live. It was a lovely quiet cul de sac when I first moved in. But in the past few months the typical rough neighbours have moved in and ruined it. Chavy cars with big loud exhausts and children running wild. Most of my other neighbours are elderly and most likely wouldn't say a word to them as long as they are left alone.

It has sort of put me off the whole area. Very disheartening working to pay a mortgage when you have to put up with that sort of nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Mon Feb 18 2013, 09:47

You have pretty much just posted your own defence there Mat, if i was you i would be like a grumpy old man and speak to the rest of the neighbours ask if they are willing to put up with it then whats next? Time to take a stand now before these horrors grow up and bring the next generation to your door. But it's easier for me because i have practiced being a grumpy old fart and people worry when i smile rolling on the floor
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:04

Just a Joke, Maybe you could sit on a nice comfy chair, looking directly at the fence with a nice double barrel in your hand, and laugh and evil laugh >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:18

Just read this, and my blood just boiled, I would skin those kids alive! Now I agree, gather all the evidence, video them, catch them in the act, ever talk to them again and get it all on tape without them knowing! And I would report them too, as they are harming your dog. Its not acceptable at all.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:27

Really sorry this is happening to you. I know I would feel just like you do. I think the police are your best option,. Wish I could help more Sad
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:36

How has it been today Mat ? Are they on half term in your area this week ? This may make things slightly worse for you this week. What age group are the little darlings ?

As already said get as much on video that you can and inform your local community officer. Send the video to officer if you can, the chances are they are well aware of who it is already and just need some proof to do anything about them.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next