A rare "negative" for me

3 posters

Go down

A rare "negative" for me Empty A rare "negative" for me

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 02:06

I have to say i have been lucky that i have not had too many "omg staffs are evil" moments in Lexies life.

I can literally tell you of them, one was when she was about 9 months, a group of kids asked if she was a pitbull and i said "do you think she looks like one" and they said i dunno, so i asked them to look closer (aka play with her) and they said "no shes not shes too nice" Rolling Eyes

Second was a family bbq, was my own fault really, let the dogs out and was playing with lexi and she just had a go at my bitch Amber. They hated eachother. But my uncle was saying how he loves "bull breeds" cause they look tough, but he could never have one cause he would be too scared.

The third, happened in the posh dog park. Some man lifted his papillion and ran away from us. Tbf Lexi WOULD have gone for it, but she hadn't even seen it by this point.

Fourth...was tonight. A new girl in work, we were talking about our dogs and she said she had a poodle (and i said how i had one etc etc and my nanny has one now) then told her i had a staff and she went "oh...god..im scared of those types of dogs"

i just went " a dog is a dog. Staffs are babies. Poodles bite more than staffs "

bossed her about a bit more after that Cool

Back to top Go down

A rare "negative" for me Empty Re: A rare "negative" for me

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 06:03

Good on you for bossing her about Laughing Loki's still really young but I doubt we'll get many of those comments, particularly in my immediate area, Staffs are really common here, and not in the typical chav trying to look hard way, just good owners with well-behaved Staffs. I'm sure it happens sooner or later though Sad well, we here all know the truth anyway Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 09:14

I get it on a daily basis lol! I have gone way past the stage of caring though tbh. Laughing

The false stereotype sometimes can be a benefit, I went on a walk not too long ago and it was pitch black outside. I had to go under a bridge to get home, and naturally there was a group of lads standing drinking/smoking. Normally, this would mean listening to smart comments and most likely someone starting a fight, but they took a good look at Logan and just got out of my way haha.

Not that he would do anything other than maybe getting muddy paw print on their nice chinos but still...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 09:22

Really well played...

I remember once is Devon. A woman asked me how can I trust a dog that has jaw lock??
I was like what the f**k difference does that make! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 09:29

And jaw lock isn't even genetically possible for them lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 09:38

She was saying they've got jaw lock so I wouldn't trust them..
Just because a dog has jaw that can lock doesn't mean they are going to bite you, let a lone bite and lock on..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 09:44

I was always led to believe the "lock jaw" thing was a wives-tale and that it isn't possible for a dog to lock it jaws.

I heard is was misinterpretted from the disease lock jaw. They have strong jaws surely but I don't think they can lock. thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Feb 14 2013, 10:22

Hayley wrote:

bossed her about a bit more after that Cool

Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 10:44

Nice one, Hayley! Laughing

MatLogan wrote:I was always led to believe the "lock jaw" thing was a wives-tale and that it isn't possible for a dog to lock it jaws.

I heard is was misinterpretted from the disease lock jaw. They have strong jaws surely but I don't think they can lock. thinking

No, they don't & can't 'lock' their jaws, no dog can! The Stafford, though has longer, stronger jaw muscles that can hold on a lot harder & for a lot longer than most other breeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 10:53

Caryll wrote:No, they don't & can't 'lock' their jaws, no dog can! The Stafford, though has longer, stronger jaw muscles that can hold on a lot harder & for a lot longer than most other breeds.

Cheers Caryll, I was doubting myself for a minute there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Feb 14 2013, 12:05

Well done Hayley, nice comment about the poodles Laughing They are the only dog I do not trust, apart from being French Big Grin one snapped at my face once not a pleasant experience.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 14:24

I love poodles tbf, they are really nice intelligent dogs! But the toy ones are typically babied and yeah that makes them a little snappy, but brought up right they are the loveliest little dogs. My Nans poodle tried to hump Lexi when they first met I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by m1sslea Fri Feb 15 2013, 10:42

Well done for putting her in her place lol. It really annoys me when I hear people bad mouthing the breed. Of the staffs I know they are soppy loving playful friendly dogs. I don't think my Skye has a bad bone in her. Some people with smaller dogs will actually cross the road so as not to walk past us without even giving skye the opportunity to be nice OR nasty. People just make snap judgements. I read an article in the newspaper of the top 10 "nasty dogs". Staffs were in the list. No.1 was a sausage dog LOL.
m1sslea
m1sslea
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 07/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down