Not Staffy, but thought I'd Share

2 posters

Go down

Not Staffy, but thought I'd Share Empty Not Staffy, but thought I'd Share

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 22:19

I came across this little lady. She was cowering under a bush Sad. I toke her home, but had the warden to collect her.
My daughter wants us to keep her until the owner is/if found. I would have, but wasnt sure how she would be with my cat and Ken. I did say that if nobody comes forward (as long as they all get along) we'll keep her. She was very cold and hungry. We had the pleasure of her company for an hour before she was collected. All i can say is she was very friendly and just loved snuggling up on Molly's bed. Im missing her already. She's an old dog and i dont think she's in the best of health. I just hope there's some1 missing and looking for her too. Sad Not Staffy, but thought I'd Share Lostdog001_zps57e845fb

Back to top Go down

Not Staffy, but thought I'd Share Empty Re: Not Staffy, but thought I'd Share

Post by racamoe Mon Feb 11 2013, 22:35

Aw bless her , good job you found her or she might of been there all night Sad I hope someone out there is missing her and she is re united with them v soon.
Will they update you if she isn't collected ?
racamoe
racamoe
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 22:42

Yes, they have my number. I'll be ringing in the morning to see how she's doing x

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Mon Feb 11 2013, 22:52

Let us know :-)
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Tue Feb 12 2013, 17:23

Just wandering if anyone claimed her ? :-)
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Feb 12 2013, 20:53

Looks like she may be part beagle, from what I know they can have a habit of running off for miles. Bless her hope she gets home very soon.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:12

Good job taking her home. I found a border collie that had been chained up to a fence last summer. All her legs were injured and the chain was so tight it was cutting into her throat. She was very friendly even after all that. I'd have brought her home but I was afraid of loosening the chain incase she started to bleed etc. I just waited for the warden after calling them. It's very sad it happens to these animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:16

Well done Kelly for doing all you could for this poor dog. Let's hope she was just lost and not abandoned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:49

I rang the pound today. Still nobody has claimed her Sad
She's not micro chipped either Sad
My daughter is quite upset, I can see us taking her. My only concern is that she could be a working dog. I only think this as she smelt really bad, not just doggy smell, but foul. If she is, i wont be able to take her. There's no way with a cat in the house. I've spoken to the warden regarding this and what she suggested is, if after the 7 days she aint claimed, we'll take Kenny down for an intro, if their ok, then we'll bring her to the house and see how she reacts to the cat.
I seem to think she's ran off or been dumped. She's not thin, but was very hungry and thirsty. She's elderly and apears very stiff around the back end. She seemed to pee excessivly too. Maybe, if she was dumped, this could be why. They dont want the vet bill Sad
Maxine, as Molly as named her, was very friendly. She got quite comfortable with Molly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:51

I'd take her like a shot, the other thing i need to concider is Kenny. He could take to her really well, but what if he hurts her. Ruff play and a little golden oldie isnt a good idea . What would you suggest? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 23:13

Oh dear, what a shame. I was hoping that she was a genuinely lost dog.

I know you feel some responsibility Kelly, as you found her, and that you and your daughter feel compassionate about her, but please think hard about taking her on if she isn't claimed within 7 days - please don't feel you HAVE to to do it.

Your priorities are with yourself, your daughter and Kenny. There is only so much a person can do. If this poor dog was dumped, she was dumped for a reason (and more shame to her previous owner) - she's old, she's sick (possibly diabetes if she's thirsty and wees a lot) - I can only foresee a lot of expense and heartbreak ahead for you if you take her on.

Sometimes what seems like the cruellest option can be the kindest option, not only for the dog but for you yourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 23:24

Lynda wrote:Oh dear, what a shame. I was hoping that she was a genuinely lost dog.

I know you feel some responsibility Kelly, as you found her, and that you and your daughter feel compassionate about her, but please think hard about taking her on if she isn't claimed within 7 days - please don't feel you HAVE to to do it.

Your priorities are with yourself, your daughter and Kenny. There is only so much a person can do. If this poor dog was dumped, she was dumped for a reason (and more shame to her previous owner) - she's old, she's sick (possibly diabetes if she's thirsty and wees a lot) - I can only foresee a lot of expense and heartbreak ahead for you if you take her on.

Sometimes what seems like the cruellest option can be the kindest option, not only for the dog but for you yourselves.
Thanks Lynda, thats what my head is telling me. She could be lost, but being so old, surly she wouldnt of came too far, why isnt some1 running around like crazy looking for her.
I may be talking rubbish, but i really feel she hasnt got long, The smell was really bad, greasy fur, lifeless eyes. But saying that, the pound said she was fine, she could just be missing home and very dirty from being out. Im wondering will they get her looked at by a vet Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 21:14

A rescue centre would probably have a vet look at her, but I don't know what pounds do I'm afraid, I would rather suspect they don't.

Let us all hope this poor dog is reclaimed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 14:15

Owner has been Found Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 14:19

kenny d wrote:Owner has been Found Smile

dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 15:45

Yes, but the owner isnt very happy with me Sad
He said I should of left her. She would of come home Surprised
I think he's a bit pee'd that he has to pay to take her out of the pound.
I dont mind him being angry with me tho, because at least he's been looking and worrying about her.
He said they were in the garden and she got out, he went looking for her, but wasnt too concerned as its happened before, and she knows her way home !!
I rang the pound and their going to micro chip her (if the owner wants too).
He had a bit of a moan to them too, but like they said, if she had her collar and tag on, and if she was chipped, because it's the 1st time she's been to the pound, they would of brought her home at ne charge. Hopefully he'll be more carefull.
The little lady is 9 years old Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down