collar/harness?

2 posters

Go down

collar/harness? Empty collar/harness?

Post by xtiaxmariaxstaffyx Wed Jan 30 2013, 22:08

hello all,
can anyone advise what is best for my tia (5months) a collar or harness?
few people have said a harness is better as it dont pull on there necks like a collar? if so a harness then is nylon or leather better than the other? and any tips on where to get a good strong one that will last?

Thank you Smile
xtiaxmariaxstaffyx
xtiaxmariaxstaffyx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
collar/harness? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : tia
Dog(s) Ages : 23/9/12
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

collar/harness? Empty Re: collar/harness?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30 2013, 22:12

We use both for Suki. Primarily we use the no pull harness unless we are in an area where we need to control her head like a crowded street and than we switch the lead over to the collar.

Amazon is where we get most of our stuff but at 5 months she has alot of growing to do so I wouldn't advise spending to much on stuff she is going to outgrow soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by xtiaxmariaxstaffyx Wed Jan 30 2013, 22:18

jstaff wrote:We use both for Suki. Primarily we use the no pull harness unless we are in an area where we need to control her head like a crowded street and than we switch the lead over to the collar.

Amazon is where we get most of our stuff but at 5 months she has alot of growing to do so I wouldn't advise spending to much on stuff she is going to outgrow soon.

so do you think a harness is ok for her age now then or shall i wait til shes bigger?
xtiaxmariaxstaffyx
xtiaxmariaxstaffyx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
collar/harness? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : tia
Dog(s) Ages : 23/9/12
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30 2013, 22:23

We use both, as jstaff said, it's easy to switch if need be. I've just start using a Julius K9 Harness. Cant fault it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30 2013, 22:24

xtiaxmariaxstaffyx wrote:
jstaff wrote:We use both for Suki. Primarily we use the no pull harness unless we are in an area where we need to control her head like a crowded street and than we switch the lead over to the collar.

so do you think a harness is ok for her age now then or shall i wait til shes bigger?
I'd stick with a collar for a bit, maybe get her a little adjustable harness to allow her to get used to it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eris Wed Jan 30 2013, 23:31

It depends if she pulls or not. I generally stick to collars, just because it's easy and my dogs walk nicely on their leads. However, if they need to go on a longline, I pop them in a harness so they don't get hurt if they attempt to charge beyond its length. Lizzy also wears hers when cycling because she can't be trusted xD

I'd buy a cheap harness and see how you get on with it. Some dogs are more comfortable in harnesses, so while she's growing you can test it out for a while. My Lizzy has a car harness from the blue cross which she finds fairly comfortable, though she still complains about it. Silly goose.
Eris
Eris
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lizzy, Roger
Dog(s) Ages : 9, U1
Dog Gender(s) : F, M
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30 2013, 23:39

our boy does have both but most of the time its his harness[ezy dog quitfit] on his extendable lead we only use his collar for his training class

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down