satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!!

+13
cheeky angel kim
Staffy lover
Elena
Snoozes
Maggie1
DragonTheStaffie
harlou
shazney
Jellytot
Billybunter
anderson
pongy
rebeccaleanne
17 posters

Go down

satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!! Empty satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!!

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 10:55

After reading dragonthe staffie post about wanting a new dog i thought i would have a look at staffies for sale..............jesus!! one guy would px his dog for a laptop!!! angry

18 week old staffy for sale........not even had her two 3 month and they want shut of her angry

Iv had bad times in the last four years of owning tyke, i had to move and i begged the landlord (this was before we bought our own home and told a white lie that he was older than what he was) to let tyke be aloud in the house but he has been there and i would never ever dream of selling him

its so sad tot hink what would happen to the majority of these dogs!!!
Rant over
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!! Empty Re: satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 10:58

I saw a similar ad and they wanted laptop or xbox in exchange for the 6 month old Staff as they didn't have enough time for the dog? Yet were gonna have time to mess with the laptop or xbox banghead

Back to top Go down

satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!! Empty Re: satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!!

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:02

what gets me is, if they really wanted the dog they would move heaven and earth well i would. but yet its we cant afford or dont have the time but bet half have the time for the pub etc!!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:04

They get a pup & then realise the amount of time & effort they need to put in. They have to start getting off their fat backsides to walk the dog, to feed it, to play with it & it's too much hassle. angry

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:09

or it starts chewing things up......because its board!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:13

I can't read adverts like these, or watch them on tv it makes my blood boil angry . It took a lot of research and thought before we got Cassie. It's adverts like these that the rspca should have the power to say, you don't have time for the pup but you do for an xbox or the pub we are taking it and you are banned from owning a dog, If there is genuine reason for the ad then they should be willing to let the rspca rehome the pup and keep the money,
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by anderson Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:15

I could not imagin selling a dog. I believe it would be equally the same as selling your own child. My girlfriends mum said after having toby for about a month that we wouldn't keep himfor long. She swiftly got a very angry responce from me. Sould be laws against this kind of thing.
anderson
anderson

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : toby
Dog(s) Ages : 1 and a half
Support total : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Billybunter Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:21

The fun of having a pup is the training and the meeting of new people when you walking and the exercise i sometimes hate the human race. angry

Billybunter
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:38

I hold my hands up, we did alot of research on the breed but not on buying a dog, i do not regret buying tyke from what we would now call a back street breeder making an easy couple a £100 quid at a poor dogs expense BUT since i have educated myself and would not buy from a breeder again my next stop is a rescued staffie!!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:55

rebeccaleanne wrote:I hold my hands up, we did alot of research on the breed but not on buying a dog, i do not regret buying tyke from what we would now call a back street breeder making an easy couple a £100 quid at a poor dogs expense BUT since i have educated myself and would not buy from a breeder again my next stop is a rescued staffie!!!

Same here i wouldn't be without Cassie, but she was a rescue dog that my son rescued of the people we got her off, he paid them £70 so they would let her go. My son got adoption papers with an adoption number on off these people, so i phoned the dogs home the people got her from and told them that she was now with us, and the people we got her off should not be allowed another. If i felt the way then how i do now Cassie would still be chained to a kennel in someones back garden and i would be none the wiser. I will never buy from another person again rescue is the only way for me from now on i have been educated
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 12:29

dave742 wrote:
rebeccaleanne wrote:I hold my hands up, we did alot of research on the breed but not on buying a dog, i do not regret buying tyke from what we would now call a back street breeder making an easy couple a £100 quid at a poor dogs expense BUT since i have educated myself and would not buy from a breeder again my next stop is a rescued staffie!!!

Same here i wouldn't be without Cassie, but she was a rescue dog that my son rescued of the people we got her off, he paid them £70 so they would let her go. My son got adoption papers with an adoption number on off these people, so i phoned the dogs home the people got her from and told them that she was now with us, and the people we got her off should not be allowed another. If i felt the way then how i do now Cassie would still be chained to a kennel in someones back garden and i would be none the wiser. I will never buy from another person again rescue is the only way for me from now on i have been educated

I think children should be educated in primary school and then again in high school with regards to animals etc (something i would love to do!!) I will teach my son the same and show him the rights and wrongs! but yes rescue centres for me!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Thu Jan 24 2013, 12:48

This is horrible. I want to cry. Ralph tests my temper sometimes, but he is part of our family. I love him so much and couldn't think of my life without him.

These people should be shot.
Jellytot
Jellytot

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:34

I would never buy any animal as there are to many unwanted animals in rescue centres wanting loving homes.

This Muppet needs his/her head testing.
shazney
shazney
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 10 wks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:38

shazney wrote:I would never buy any animal as there are to many unwanted animals in rescue centres wanting loving homes.

This Muppet needs his/her head testing.

I know, as per other post after educating myself i would never buy again apart from donation to rescue one
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:48

Big Grin My last 2 staffy crosses destroyed the kitchen ate the skirting boards destroyed an armchair and i mean destroyed this was all done before they were a year old ,they never did anything when one of us was in the house,i wouldnt of swapped them for anything , Olly is my first rescue i will only ever get rescue dogs ,maybe weve been lucky cos he is fantastic soft loving etc ,over a £1000 in vet bills the first year though
harlou
harlou
satffy for sale......would part ex for a laptop!!!!!!!!!!! makes my blood boil!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:48

Exactly, I read there are so many staffies in shelters in the UK thanks to bad breeders and people who get pups and realise what hard work they are, one of my friends got a staff cross from a shelter and I think she cost about £76 donation fee, well worth it...
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:48

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs, if they don't have the ''time'' and the ''money'', that's always the excuse but most of the time it's all lies isn't it? They just can't be arsed with the dogs so they'd rather get a laptop,xbox or money, poor little dogs... Why buy them if you can't look after it? confused
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:50

Bruno was free luckily as he would not be here if he wasn't.

Wow that is a lot of damage, I pray Bruno never does that to this house lol
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:54

I read on another staff forum yesterday that a girl on fb brought a 3 week old staff pup for £30 and because it was so poorly she was asking for donations for vet care, luckily the admin got involved and the vet cared for the pup but not before the girl had to be persuaded to give the pup up for £40, she never wanted to though......bitch.
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:55

We became really good at diy Laughing
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:56

We became really good at diy Laughing
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:58

Lol I bet you did.
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:05

I'm worried about that dog now. If someone with a good heart doesn't buy it, like youre all saying, Christ knows what will happen to it.
Jellytot
Jellytot

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:06

We were lucky with tyke he never really ruined anything, when ryan was born i had a little basket at the side of the armchair with nappies wipes etc and he once had a field day in that. Only think tyke has a thing for is zips and pillows.......

people love the novetly of a puppy, but when the pee, poop and chewing comes along thats it there up for sale because of 'change of house' or family circumstances!! pathetic. its like me when we had our son, he was up all night, always poorly or now been a little terror i cant just give him away because he doing my head in he's a kid so it happens party or the parcel same as it is with all dogs they go through these stages
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:07

Ill try to dig a pic out of the dead chair with them sitting on the pile of foam it looks hilarious Laughing
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:07

Jellytot wrote:I'm worried about that dog now. If someone with a good heart doesn't buy it, like youre all saying, Christ knows what will happen to it.

she is not the only one, wish i could take them all but we just can not save them all as much as we wish we could!! angry
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:12

Knowing how my lil Bruno was just an advert on-line, I checked out the site he was advertised on and all them cheap puppies broke my heart....some humans are just so irresponsible banghead
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:16

shazney wrote:Knowing how my lil Bruno was just an advert on-line, I checked out the site he was advertised on and all them cheap puppies broke my heart....some humans are just so irresponsible banghead

bruno is mega cute!!! well least you saved one Smile
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:43

I knew puppies were hard work but Loki was WAY worse than I expected. But I never dreamt of giving him away, I loved him as soon as I saw him and on the car ride home was when I decided "Yeah, me and you are gonna be cool Big Grin" it's upsetting to know people buy a puppy without doing any research and then just give it away for whatever stupid excuse. I don't even look at those things anymore, it's full of lazy or selfish or neglectful owners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie1 Thu Jan 24 2013, 17:08

As well as Maggie or Staffy x we've also got Milllie a 12 year old Kepli x. Her previous owner got her as a puppy, has her for before they decided they didn't want her and took her to the RSPCA! She had bitten them and wasn't socialised with their cat! Like they come fully trained!!
Maggie1
Maggie1
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoozes Thu Jan 24 2013, 18:18

Myself and my gf are currently looking to adopt; doing Research etc and tbh we both been amazed at the amount of adverts for staffs on websites like gumtree etc. You can more or less guaranty that if its not a puppy, the add will have the words 'no fault of his/her own' 'Shea a lovely dog, good with other dogs and kids' and my favourite 'had her 3 months but new job and haven't got time for it'! No ones lives change so much in so little time IMO - reason me and my gf taking so long to make sure we get right dog for us.

My local dogs home has I'd say 4-5x more Staffies than another breed. I know not astaff but there was abit of an incident recently whereby someone had adopted a husky from the home, for £95, and the dog was later put on gumtree for £300+ about a week later!

Snoozes
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 19:04

Snoozes wrote:Myself and my gf are currently looking to adopt; doing Research etc and tbh we both been amazed at the amount of adverts for staffs on websites like gumtree etc. You can more or less guaranty that if its not a puppy, the add will have the words 'no fault of his/her own' 'Shea a lovely dog, good with other dogs and kids' and my favourite 'had her 3 months but new job and haven't got time for it'! No ones lives change so much in so little time IMO - reason me and my gf taking so long to make sure we get right dog for us.

My local dogs home has I'd say 4-5x more Staffies than another breed. I know not astaff but there was abit of an incident recently whereby someone had adopted a husky from the home, for £95, and the dog was later put on gumtree for £300+ about a week later!

Thats last part is scandalous!! I would say go for a young dog at a rescue personaly for the first time Smile the more i have looked at these free to good homes the more peeved i have become!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:13

Ah thanks redeccaleanne but I prefer Bruno is a little terror lol he's my second staff rescue doggy Big Grin
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:16

I sign a lot of petition and causes to stop sites like Gumtree and craigslist from selling live animals, I am 100% against it at wits end
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:37

shazney wrote:Ah thanks redeccaleanne but I prefer Bruno is a little terror lol he's my second staff rescue doggy Big Grin

its ok, awwww may have to pick ure brains in the future as this is what im wanting to do
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:51

Oh, I have never got one from a rescue centre, my last staf was neglected by my own fvckwit brother and his missus so I took it one Christmas then Bruno was given to me from a friend who got him off an advert on-line Smile
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25 2013, 02:58

People like this really should be band from keeping pets. Got a good mind to say ring him, and beat him with my laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Fri Jan 25 2013, 05:32

Very sad Sad
Elena
Elena

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Harley & Muffin
Dog(s) Ages : 5 & 4.7
Dog Gender(s) : Male & female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Fri Jan 25 2013, 08:54

Just sad, and those people just want shooting. I grew up with dogs, watched my late dad breed them, (gun dogs) etc. Ever kept some of the puppies. And yet, Pixee is my first staffie, and I love her to bits (we all do) they are so different, they just need humans more, they give you uncondition love back, just how some people can do that to dogs, it just boils my blood..............
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Jan 25 2013, 10:15

It not good at all, but what we all do individualy with rescueing etc at least we are all making a small differance Smile

rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeky angel kim Fri Jan 25 2013, 14:55

dont know how people can do that to animals you take on a animal its for life rocky was bought the for a friend of mine as a gift he told the girl he could not keep him due to ill health she would not take him back she left rocky with him he contacted me i went down to see him and came home with rocky had him 3 months now he is so good could not ask for a better dog, i was told a few weeks later by my friend who gave me rocky that she had another dog i think she bought him for herself and got bored and made out he was bought as a present to get rid of him he has a forever home with me he is my shadow and missy was a advert on facebook her owners had split up a lady who had missys sister took her on and then her landlord said she could not have the 2 dogs only one was in her second home for 2 weeks she has been here now 3 days, people make me mad but both missy and rocky now have their forever home here
cheeky angel kim
cheeky angel kim

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : rocky & missy
Dog(s) Ages : 13 months & 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male / female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Fri Jan 25 2013, 16:04

These sort of adverts should not be allowed it makes my blood boil to read this angry , we got Duke also after doing research on the breed , sure he was hard work at first but now he is almost 6 months and i would not sell or swap him for the world , he is the best dog ever the love and loyalty these Staffy's show is amazing, we wish we had started with the breed 20 years ago , these idiots who buy one and then dump them are not deserving of any dog at all .
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Jan 26 2013, 16:31

The reasons for people giving up dogs drives me insane, had one woman want to sign over her shih-tzu because her fur wasn't the same colour as the carpet!! And another because she "didn't like the smell of dog!"

I'm in a sticky situation at the moment as I've recently lost my house and also had pay cuts at work, but I'd NEVER give Bis up.. even it meant being homeless! We're a team and we stick together Smile Bloody selfish, irresponsible people! Make my blood boil! angry
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sat Jan 26 2013, 16:34

Rachel33 wrote:The reasons for people giving up dogs drives me insane, had one woman want to sign over her shih-tzu because her fur wasn't the same colour as the carpet!! And another because she "didn't like the smell of dog!"

I'm in a sticky situation at the moment as I've recently lost my house and also had pay cuts at work, but I'd NEVER give Bis up.. even it meant being homeless! We're a team and we stick together Smile Bloody selfish, irresponsible people! Make my blood boil! angry

applause life can be pants, we were the same with house situation before we bought, so came to an agreement with landlord other wise we would have of ttried somewere else and prob sofa surfed haha!! I hope all turns out ok for you the sticky situations are bad when there happening but we live to fight another day and soon you will look back and think 'pfffft' Big Grin
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sat Jan 26 2013, 16:36

It is a pity more people don't have the dedication as you have and i hope things improve soon, Doesn't match the carpet lol, i am giving Cassie away cos she has more hair than me Laughing
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Jan 26 2013, 16:47

Thank you lovely, indeed it can, it's always good in the end! Glad you managed to figure out your living situation also Smile In my opinion taking on the responsibility of a living creature means doing everything in your power to ensure that they are safe and cared for the best of your ability! I sofa surfed for a few years when growing up, but it is more difficult doing so with a dog.. I mean, she takes up all the sofa space Laughing Whatever happens she will come with me wherever I go and all decisions are based on her welfare. It's really not that difficult.. Their loyalty is incredible and we as humans owe it to them to remain equally as loyal! It's just a shame that so many people have such lacking empathy and morals towards other beings! Argh, rant haha!
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Jan 26 2013, 16:48

dave742 wrote:Doesn't match the carpet lol, i am giving Cassie away cos she has more hair than me Laughing

rolling on the floor brilliant!!
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat Jan 26 2013, 17:01

We were very lucky with Bacchus too. Didn't destroy anything. angel ( well except yest. the wife went to work and I heard munching noises and went upstairs to find him chewing on some sort of pencil/make up thing which apparently cost £16. Well anything left lying on the floor is his..........house rules.) Blushing

But as Caryll says, people don't realise the commitment involved. I hadn't had a dog for 20 yrs due to work situation and had completely forgotten the amount of time you must invest in them. I'm retired now and don't know where I found the time to work full-time.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by xtiaxmariaxstaffyx Mon Jan 28 2013, 22:49

im a single mum with a wild cheeky 2 year old boy, and of course my gorgeous baby staffy tia, yet i still manage to do every day to day chores on my own and still have all the time in the world for tia, walks, play time and training! she has turned out wonderful! fully house trained, excellent on the lead, just a little cuddly softie! how someone can not have the time for their staff i will never know!
xtiaxmariaxstaffyx
xtiaxmariaxstaffyx

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : tia
Dog(s) Ages : 23/9/12
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28 2013, 23:03

Tara wrote:I knew puppies were hard work but Loki was WAY worse than I expected. But I never dreamt of giving him away, I loved him as soon as I saw him and on the car ride home was when I decided "Yeah, me and you are gonna be cool Big Grin" it's upsetting to know people buy a puppy without doing any research and then just give it away for whatever stupid excuse. I don't even look at those things anymore, it's full of lazy or selfish or neglectful owners.
Same here, Kenny was a nightmare. He was much harder work than my 1st. He still "tries it on", but I'd never dream of getting rid of him. I've got some video's of him somewhere, he was a right nutter, I'll try and post them Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down