Hello, I'm back!!

5 posters

Go down

Hello, I'm back!! Empty Hello, I'm back!!

Post by Scubasteve Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:24

Hi everyone,

How are you all? Not been on here in a long time and have missed you all! We have had a lot going on here at home with everything. But firstly the reason why I haven't been on here is because we had been thinking of rehoming Tinkerbell Crying or Very sad She hasn't been getting the attention she deserves, I haven't had any help from the other half to walk her and it put a huge strain on our relationship. After almost seperating, he agreed to rehome her. But we weren't prepared to hand her in to a kennels or such, and wanted to find the perfect home for her ourselves. One where we knew she would be loved and walked more than we could do for her! Anyway that was in September, and she is still here and is here to stay. We couldn't go through with giving up on her and so have made a huge effort now to make sure she stays in a loving home, is walked more and isn't again handed from pillar to post!!!

And the only reason why I can think of that I had these feelings towards her, to be honest it was me. The other half loves her to bits and so do the kids.....is because of my hormones. I am 31 weeks pregnant (bit of a shock that, we had finished our family with 2 kids), and ever since finding out I haven't been able to stand poor Tinkerbell. Her smell, her mess, hair everywhere all just drove me mad and I resented her being here! Feel really bad about this now, but now I am nearing the end of this pregnancy and hormones have calmed down my love for her is back and growing day by day and I am prepared to make the effort to ensure she is never unloved again.

So that's why I haven't been on, hopefully I won't be judged for nearly giving up on her because I feel guilty enough myself about that.

But yes, we are beginning an exciting journey, new baby, still ploughing through university, watching the kiddies growing up and hoping to move to a bigger house very soon! Anyone else got any exciting news to share with me? Looking forward to being back her and joining in with posts again!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm back!! Empty Re: Hello, I'm back!!

Post by janey Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:28

No ones saying its not hard lovely, and congratulations Smile

Missed ya Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:31

Thanks, it has been a hard few months. But so glad we never passed her on to anyone....I'd have been devastated but the kids would have been heartbroken! Its been tough for her too, must be hard living in a house knowing you weren't wanted and she lost the bond she had with me Crying or Very sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:33

welcome back Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:33

welcome back Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:34

Well done on adjusting your life to help provide her needs and welcome back >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:44

Ah Karen - You've got two little children and another on the way, university, moving home - that's enough to cope with besides a dog so I'm
glad to hear that your OH is doing his bit for Tinkerbell now.

Men! Grrrr angry my son has been the same, it's "his" puppy but "mum, can you do it please, I'll do it tomorrow" ..... yeah, right, another football match will be on then!

Wishing you all joy with your new baby >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jan 20 2013, 14:04

Thats very weird Karen, I was only thinking about how you were doing the other day then I read your post here, very spooky.

Congratulations on the future arrival, can you tell what it is yet Laughing , boy or girl I mean., bet you are thrilled to bits really if a bit of a shock.

Hope all is going well at uni, looking forward to some update pictures Love Struck
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Jan 20 2013, 16:31

welcome back,glad things are settling down for you,all the best when the baby comes >Big Grin<
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 17:45

'ello 'ello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 18:32

you didn't have to tell us about the the bit in the middle and could have just said sorry for not being around Smile so big up you for being honest and normal . Pleased you are all back on track >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:04

Great to see you again!

What an awful few months for you - so pleased that your hormones have settled enough for you to get your feelings back for little Tinkerbell! Which obviously leads to.........

Congratulations! What a shock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:26

Hello all, and thankyou so much for the warm welcome back and congratulations. I'm going to need all the luck I can when baby arrives....forgotten what its like to have a newborn again and the youngest is only 3 Surprised

Lynda wrote:Ah Karen - You've got two little children and another on the way, university, moving home - that's enough to cope with besides a dog so I'm
glad to hear that your OH is doing his bit for Tinkerbell now.

Men! Grrrr angry my son has been the same, it's "his" puppy but "mum, can you do it please, I'll do it tomorrow" ..... yeah, right, another football match will be on then!

Wishing you all joy with your new baby >Big Grin<

He's not really pulling his weight with her Lynda, more a case of he works 7 nights a week and I am just a "mere student" so she's my responsibility. But whereas I couldn't enjoy her a few months ago, now I'll take on the responsibility and enjoy walking her and spending time with her. He has been told he will have to pull his weight in the first few weeks once baby arrives though! Although saying that I might be glad of the excuse to dump baby and kids on him and go out with Tinker for some peace Laughing

Kathy wrote:Thats very weird Karen, I was only thinking about how you were doing the other day then I read your post here, very spooky.

Congratulations on the future arrival, can you tell what it is yet Laughing , boy or girl I mean., bet you are thrilled to bits really if a bit of a shock.

Hope all is going well at uni, looking forward to some update pictures Love Struck

Oh very spooky Kathy. I have thought of you guys a lot though, just not been able to come on and post when I had such negative feelings towards poor Tinker. And yes we think we know, but this one has proven difficult from the start. Its not been an easy ride like it has the other two pregnancies. Thought we had lost it at 7 weeks and its been tough from there. Baby was positioned with its bum behind my belly button at the scan, so we have been told what the sonographer thought it was but she has said she wasn't sure. She thinks girl though, and was sure enough to tell us her thoughts so we just have to wait now! Don't mind either way as long as its healthy, but the kids are expecting a sister so may be shocked if she wasn't right. Definately a little madam already though, so I also think girl!
Uni is going great, tough going but passed the first year and now half way into second year. And I also have an understanding programme leader who has been great since I told him I was expecting. Exams are in May, just done my January exams, and baby is due in March so will see how things go. I can sit exams as a first time sit with the resit students in August though if I need the extra time!

Dave wrote:you didn't have to tell us about the the bit in the middle and could have just said sorry for not being around Smile so big up you for being honest and normal . Pleased you are all back on track >Big Grin<

Thanks, I had to say though so you understood why I haven't been about. Its still tough at the moment, hormones and nesting still there so I'd be happy to live on my own in a clean house at the moment...no other half, kids or dog lol. I took Tinker for her walk earlier, came back and bent down to pull my shoes off and she snuck in with a slobbery, if cold, kiss......what better way to melt your heart than that Love Struck

Caryll wrote:Great to see you again!

What an awful few months for you - so pleased that your hormones have settled enough for you to get your feelings back for little Tinkerbell! Which obviously leads to.........

Congratulations! What a shock!

Ha ha, thankyou! A shock indeed. And nobody could have been more shocked than I was. Still getting used to the idea now and looking forward to the arrival. Been in denial for most of the pregnancy, so nothing is organised. Nothing like a baby kicking all day though to make you realise it is real...so will be getting everything ready once my essay is handed in at the end of the week!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:37

Scubasteve wrote:
I took Tinker for her walk earlier, came back and bent down to pull my shoes off and she snuck in with a slobbery, if cold, kiss......what better way to melt your heart than that Love Struck

As a father of a 13 year old daughter , give me a staffy any day Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:47

Yes, but 13 year olds grow into nice 18 year olds!

Is Eleanor online?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:50

[quote="Caryll"]Yes, but 13 year olds grow into nice 18 year olds! [quote]

nice 18 year olds are just freaks of nature >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:53

[quote="Dave"]
Caryll wrote:Yes, but 13 year olds grow into nice 18 year olds!

nice 18 year olds are just freaks of nature >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:56

Ha ha the 5 year old is bad enough, please don't tell me it gets worse...seriously she hit the teens early! Right little miss attitude she is!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 20:21

" Although saying that I might be glad of the excuse to dump baby and kids on him and go out with Tinker for some peace" Great idea! We all deserve a bit of a break now and then.

Didn't realise your OH was working 7 nights a week - that is tough so he obviously needs some "me" time too.

I hope you can arrange things so you BOTH get an escape from your responsibilities for a little while each day - enough to recharge your batteries.

And I'm so glad you've fallen in love with Tinker again - she IS gorgeous!

Hormones are weird things aren't they - they don't always know what's best for us.

Last edited by Lynda on Sun Jan 20 2013, 20:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sun Jan 20 2013, 21:21

Ah definately, I'll be glad of the peace so I bet Tinker will too.

Yes he's a self emplyed contractor delivering papers to the shops in the early hours. Only night he is allowed off is christmas eve because the shops don't open on christmas day. Even with a baby on the way he won't be entitled to time off. Sucks really, but not much he can do.

He has recently been training a driver and showing her the run so he can have a couple of nights off a week. It means he looses money because he has to pay the fuel for the run and her wage each night. But she is prepared to work for a week when I have the baby so he can be home for a few days at least.

Thankyou, she is gorgeous just hope she can forgive me. Never experienced hormones like this before with the other two pregnancies. Very odd, just glad Ian didn't pull his finger out and rehome her like he said he would. Not sure I'd have stopped him letting her go a few months back, still she's here now so extra fuss is deserved as a catch up for the months she missed out!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 21:54

I'm sure Tinker has forgiven and forgotten! Don't beat yourself up over it any more, please Smile

My pregnancies were many years ago now and we didn't have any dogs, but I became a maniac for cleaning, which is MOST unlike me! Blushing

I hope Ian can sort out his driver so that he can have a couple of days (nights) off a week. No time off at all is awful, he does need a break.

Wishing you all the best of luck, let us know how it goes >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down