Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food

+2
janey
boater
6 posters

Go down

Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food  Empty Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food

Post by boater Mon Jan 14 2013, 14:25

Hello

Has anyone used this at all?

Recommended for staffies, the write up seem good but they always do! Can't find a list of ingredients anywhere . . . . .

Cheers!
boater
boater
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : four and half and five
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food  Empty Re: Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 14:39

I saw someone had posted this on a website

Fresh british chicken (min 26%),Maize (min26%),Poultry meat meal,Oats,Beet pulp,Refined chicken fat,Whole linseed,Brewers yeast,Egg powder,Minerals,Fish oil,Glucosamine sulphate,Chondroitin sulphate,Vitamins,L-carnitine. 22.00% Protein

I haven't used it, even though I have looked at it. I can't help but think anything breed specific is maybe a bit gimmicky? That wouldn't however mean it was bad food in any way.

Logan doesn't like chicken anyway...he's a picky wee hound.

Back to top Go down

Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food  Empty Re: Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 14:49

sounds fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jan 14 2013, 16:21

Not used it myself but one of the mods Warren used to feed it and Memphis did great if that helps Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 19:59

yes my boy memphis thrived on the stuff i found it great and he never tired of it and works out quite reasonable in price thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 21:24

Warren wrote:yes my boy memphis thrived on the stuff i found it great and he never tired of it and works out quite reasonable in price thumbs up
do you still use it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 21:31

The adult food is pretty good, but if I remember rightly the puppy food isn't great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 21:31

i wouldn't use it to many grains and additives for me personally but it's certainly far from the worst.

Although breed specific food is very much a gimmick

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Jan 14 2013, 21:34

I fed it for a few months, before Bailey got bored of it and would refuse to eat it!
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 23:22

Jason wrote:
Warren wrote:yes my boy memphis thrived on the stuff i found it great and he never tired of it and works out quite reasonable in price thumbs up
do you still use it?

no i now feed raw only not becouse of the food just i felt that was the way i wanted to feed Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:09

I have just changed to Wainwrights to give the girls a change. Pero is a good food and reasonable in price. The SBT food has more protein in it as opposed to their working dog mix. You can buy a sample from the company to try and if your dog likes it you get money off your first order. I would recommend it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:56

I was thinking about this for Zeus too as I'm about to change him to adult food. Its ridiculously cheap for a large bag compared to the other foods but the quality is slightly lower (obviously).

I've come to a point now where I've tried most of the 'premium' foods with really good ingredients (Applaws, Fish4Dogs, Wafcol) and they haven't done anything for Zeus, he still has runny poos, itchy skin, etc. So I was thinking about trying something with a little more grain in it which should provide fibre to his diet and make his poos a little firmer, still contemplating this though...
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:15

I think some dogs have runnier poos. Lola has a problem with that. Lily doesn't and they are fed the same food. Have you tried Wainwrights? Lola has had some firmer poos since she has been on that (about a week and a half). However with both of them the poos seem bulkier sick

Back to top Go down

Post by rescuestaffords Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:15

I used it in the past and found my dogs to become poo'ing machines! 4-6 poo's a day! Not like the barf diet where they do 1, possibly 2.

rescuestaffords
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Pero Staffordshire Bull Terrier SBT Dry Dog Food  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Tue Jan 15 2013, 19:52

Yeah Zeus was on Wainwrights puppy and he did poo about 3/4 maybe 5 times a day. But ever since I;ve took him off, he poos once in the morning and 1/2 times on his evening walk!
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Wed Jan 16 2013, 15:02

Debo was on puppy one,he loved it, his coat was great and had nice figure. But he was pooing for England,some green watery poo. So we change it.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down