weight loss help please...

Go down

weight loss help please... Empty weight loss help please...

Post by RobynSpike Sat Dec 29 2012, 15:45

hi everyone,

i havent been on here in a while but need some advice, Spike my younger male has always been pretty healthy, loves his food and never had any issues (unlike his sister who has various food alergies).

recenly he seems to be losing weight, he def isnt off his food if not he is hungrier but he looks much thinner than his normal self! he's always been the chunkier of the two even though he is over a year younger than Robyn, his exercise hasnt changed and he is recently wormed and i did bring it up with the vet who seemed to brush it off but im still a worried mummy! lol

any advice would be great Smile

Nicole
RobynSpike
RobynSpike
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Robyn and Spike
Dog Gender(s) : female and male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

weight loss help please... Empty Re: weight loss help please...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29 2012, 15:53

Is he pooing more ?? I would push your vet for more response or better still a 2nd opinion. Ding the maths , if he is eating more and losing weight and nothing else has chabged then things don't balance out do they.

Only other thought is do you feed the 2 together , is it possible the older boy is stealing the food without you noticing so he isn't getting as much as you think ??

Back to top Go down

Post by RobynSpike Sat Dec 29 2012, 15:56

i feed them seperately already as she get a different diet than he does, i have pushed and we have an appointment just after new year!

yes he is poo-ing more but not loads more

nicole
RobynSpike
RobynSpike

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29 2012, 16:03

RobynSpike wrote:i feed them seperately already as she get a different diet than he does, i have pushed and we have an appointment just after new year!

yes he is poo-ing more but not loads more

nicole

What wormer do you use ??

Back to top Go down

Post by RobynSpike Sat Dec 29 2012, 16:14

we normally have the vet do it but this time as we were both pushed for time at work we useddrontal chewable ones from pets at home, maybe he needed a higher dosage?
RobynSpike
RobynSpike

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29 2012, 16:25

RobynSpike wrote:we normally have the vet do it but this time as we were both pushed for time at work we useddrontal chewable ones from pets at home, maybe he needed a higher dosage?

I used the Drontal flavour up until we got Tommy, it's a great one and I too got it from PAH as it was better value as long as you use the correct dosage for the weight should be fine and they have trained staff for administering at PAH now. We switched to Milbemax from the Vet when we got Tommy as that helps to prevent Lungworm too.

Really think as said before you need to push your vet or go somewhere else. Do you have any idea on the wight change , any pics etc for us to have a look

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29 2012, 16:53

Unexplained weight loss should always be investigated. I'd try & get to a different vet for blood & urine tests.

Back to top Go down

Post by RobynSpike Sat Dec 29 2012, 18:12

its not a major weight drop last time at vet he was 21kg he is now just under that not much and i think maybe i am just used to seeing him as a big chunk before now he seems stretched and a bit thin Smile unfortunately no pics that would show the weight loss!

giving the vet another shot as he has always been fantastic with Robyn and her alergies and sorted us right out when she was sick previously so he knows the dogs as regular visitors lol!

we are def having his bloods done cause it was be only way we could find out what was wrong witb robyn when she was having reactions to red meat!

nicole
RobynSpike
RobynSpike

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down