5 things that tell me I'm getting old?

4 posters

Go down

Injured 5 things that tell me I'm getting old?

Post by pongy Fri Dec 21 2012, 07:49

I have just realised I am getting old. I find things just to moan about all the time, my oh says I have succeeded in achieving the same characteristics as my hero Victor Meldrew.
1. I watch the news everyday and I know a better way than anyone on there, example USA gun debate ( Newtown victims r.i.p, my heart goes out to all the families) my son emigrated to Texas a few years ago, on Skype the other day the conversation comes around to guns , and he shows me his shot gun. I wouldn't let him have a spud gun. Did anyone ask if the person who knows him best would we recommend him as safe?
2. Kids playing football on the green in front of my house and I shout "if that ball comes in my garden again I will pop it" or " get off my grass, it grows by the inch, you kill it by the foot"
3. I now drive at such slow speeds moaning about the others always in a rush, or when I park in a empty car park spaces everywhere , then some Muppet parks so close I can't get in my car, ohhhh proper moan lol
4.going around switching lights off or saying "put a jumper on if your cold, money doesn't grow on trees.
5.saying things like "clean your room scruff, when I was your age" all the things my dad said and I swore I wouldn't lol
Am I alone in doing this?
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Injured Re: 5 things that tell me I'm getting old?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 07:55

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Dave , I can only sympathise I have been getting old for the last 13 years (it's my daughter's birthday today I dont want to s )

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:04

Well happy birthday to her, but she's too young to drink so as a good dad you know what you have to do for her, don't you?
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:14

dave742 wrote:Well happy birthday to her, but she's too young to drink so as a good dad you know what you have to do for her, don't you?

already on that one ................hic . Told her I will meat her out of school today holding a can of carlsberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:04

dave742 wrote:I have just realised I am getting old. I find things just to moan about all the time, my oh says I have succeeded in achieving the same characteristics as my hero Victor Meldrew.
1. I watch the news everyday and I know a better way than anyone on there, example USA gun debate ( Newtown victims r.i.p, my heart goes out to all the families) my son emigrated to Texas a few years ago, on Skype the other day the conversation comes around to guns , and he shows me his shot gun. I wouldn't let him have a spud gun. Did anyone ask if the person who knows him best would we recommend him as safe?
2. Kids playing football on the green in front of my house and I shout "if that ball comes in my garden again I will pop it" or " get off my grass, it grows by the inch, you kill it by the foot"
3. I now drive at such slow speeds moaning about the others always in a rush, or when I park in a empty car park spaces everywhere , then some Muppet parks so close I can't get in my car, ohhhh proper moan lol
4.going around switching lights off or saying "put a jumper on if your cold, money doesn't grow on trees.
5.saying things like "clean your room scruff, when I was your age" all the things my dad said and I swore I wouldn't lol

Laughing .. made me LMFAO cus I'm the same Laughing

The car park thing .... angry .... we parked up at Tesco a couple weeks ago to do a shop, got back to the Jeep, loaded up, turned to take the trolley back, glanced down the side of the mota for some reason, to see a fairly bad dent in the n/s front door angry angry angry ... I've been sat in it before now waitin for OH, and watched ppl pull up in the tightest feckin space, throw the door open into the car next to them, and off they go without even lookin to see if they have damaged the poor buggers car next to them Surprised at wits end

Angry old man ? ... absafeckinlutely !!! Laughing
Andy
Andy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:23

Only number 4 for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:25

I do lots of the above things also I ache more after grafting at work Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:27

The aches and pains are increasing. Takes much longer to recover from a workout as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 10:55

Andy wrote:

The car park thing .... angry .... we parked up at Tesco a couple weeks ago to do a shop, got back to the Jeep, loaded up, turned to take the trolley back, glanced down the side of the mota for some reason, to see a fairly bad dent in the n/s front door angry angry angry ... I've been sat in it before now waitin for OH, and watched ppl pull up in the tightest feckin space, throw the door open into the car next to them, and off they go without even lookin to see if they have damaged the poor buggers car next to them Surprised at wits end

Angry old man ? ... absafeckinlutely !!! Laughing

Could be worse Andy and you might take the stance over the Parent and Toddler parking , like when you are sat in the car waiting at the supermarket and see some nonce in a big Beamer or Merc pull into one without kids so they don't get their doors banged and are way too lazy to walk any further. In fact anyone that parks in the disable or the parent and toddler spaces are a complete f******* w******* in my book and always given the opportunity I will attempt to shame them into moving .

This is the main reason I dislike Eric Bristow for committing this act of indecency at my local Morrisons (the OH refused to let me shame him on the grounds of her humiliation) and he is just a big fat Cockney W****** anyway angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

And another thing previously mentioned Beamer and Merc drivers parking in the middle of 2 spaces for protection reasons doh

Back to top Go down

Post by CMR Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:04

jstaff wrote:The aches and pains are increasing. Takes much longer to recover from a workout as well

well if after your 40th birthday you don't feel any aches and pains in the morning it could well be that you are dead. Big Grin If you have a sports or army background than make that 30s +.
CMR
CMR
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:12

CMR wrote:
jstaff wrote:The aches and pains are increasing. Takes much longer to recover from a workout as well

well if after your 40th birthday you don't feel any aches and pains in the morning it could well be that you are dead. Big Grin If you have a sports or army background than make that 30s +.

I've got both of those Sad I aged my body like an extra 20 years or so

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:21

i only need one thing to tell me im getting old MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:23

In the immortal words of Mr RC Brown

Our lass says "will you still love me when i get old"

Course I will pet now get f***** hold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:27

Our chemistry teacher was really called mr rc brown Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:28

Warren wrote:Our chemistry teacher was really called mr rc brown Big Grin

No !!! get the f*** out , bet he******* was a right ******* laugh though a bit of a c*** as well at times

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:34

he was a total pervert if you misbehavior he put you in the store room if it was a girl he would go in the give them a telling off Surprised not a word a lie
he was steriotypical teacher brown treed jacket and brill creamed hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:39

Warren wrote:he was a total pervert if you misbehavior he put you in the store room if it was a girl he would go in the give them a telling off Surprised not a word a lie

That so jimmy I dont want to s . imagine if that happened now. if my daughter had come home and told me that had happened. I would be typing this from a 8x10 room with it's own bars

Last edited by dave742 on Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : phone)
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:49

dave742 wrote:
Warren wrote:he was a total pervert if you misbehavior he put you in the store room if it was a girl he would go in the give them a telling off Surprised not a word a lie

That so jimmy I dont want to s . imagine if that happened now. if my daughter had come home and told me that had happened. I would be typing this from a 8x10 room with it's own bars

We had a teacher exactly the same as that and strangely enough he taught Biology (maybe it's a science thing), we called him Randy Jackson , he always behaved in this manner and all the kids just took it in good humour , though thinking about it now as Dave said and it was my daughter thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 15:17

dave742 wrote:I have just realised I am getting old. I find things just to moan about all the time, my oh says I have succeeded in achieving the same characteristics as my hero Victor Meldrew.

My dad does this Laughing he goes around turning off the lights and then moans at everyone for leaving them on because they've left the room for a minute Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Dec 21 2012, 15:44

Tut tut young Tara shame on you . Just you wait till them there bills start hemorrhaging money out of your bank account, In 20 odd years you shall hear yourself repeat these very words "no i can't afford it, money does not grow on trees or use your brakes on your bike not the toe of your shoes" or " are you bloody deaf? " (but that will be at your husband) (hint not deaf, just selective hearing) lol, so says physco oops erm Blushing psychic Dave
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 16:08

Tara wrote:

My dad does this Laughing he goes around turning off the lights and then moans at everyone for leaving them on because they've left the room for a minute Rolling Eyes

This is what Dads do , and TV's and moan about phone bills, money doesn't grow on trees you know, that's only the paper Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Dec 21 2012, 16:20

Thinking of things to moan about to all young un's reading this, dishes DO NOT wash themselves, Kenwood or Zanussi make great dishwashers parents don't
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 16:23

If you fall down and break your legs don't come running to me

When the ice cream man makes that sound it means he has run out of ice cream

If you don't stop pulling your face like that it will stay that way

All I got for xmas when I was your age was apair of socks and a bar of chocolate and a black and white portable Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Dec 21 2012, 16:30

Dave wrote:If you fall down and break your legs don't come running to me

When the ice cream man makes that sound it means he has run out of ice cream

If you don't stop pulling your face like that it will stay that way

All I got for xmas when I was your age was apair of socks and a bar of chocolate and a black and white portable Rolling Eyes

so so true and is there a yellow taxi light on the car hmmm? oh thats what i say lol
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 16:35

ive been like this for years hahaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 22:40

Oh the empty car park one really does my head in. If someone does that to me I move it to the other side of their car so they have to get in the passenger seat and climb across. I just sit in the car pretending I'm reading, giggling to myself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down