Thinning fur on her back with pics .....

Go down

Thinning fur on her back with pics ..... Empty Thinning fur on her back with pics .....

Post by hollymolly Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:06

Iv'e noticed Sky's fur is thinning on her back ... She also seems to be very itchy when i stroke or brush this area and it seems to drive her batty to where she flips over on the rug to try an rub her back...
She is on Skinners Duck & Rice twice a day but has NatureDiet Lamb or Rabbit & Turkey mixed in with it for her tea and she has Salmon Oil every day but iv'e noticed her coat is very thick on her back (near her tail) an it seems to be making her itchy... Any suggestions please
Thinning fur on her back with pics ..... 2012-12-19120048
Thinning fur on her back with pics ..... 2012-12-19120113
Thinning fur on her back with pics ..... 2012-12-19120136
Thinning fur on her back with pics ..... 2012-12-19120127
I 1st thought it was a flea allergy so she had some Frontline about a mnth ago but still no change in her itchyness so i wrung her vet an she recommended i put her back on Advocate (mnthly) as it might be the mites coming back but now iv'e noticed her fur is thinning now aswell...
hollymolly
hollymolly
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Thinning fur on her back with pics ..... Empty Re: Thinning fur on her back with pics .....

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:12

sounds like mites.. Advocate not working then?

Back to top Go down

Thinning fur on her back with pics ..... Empty Re: Thinning fur on her back with pics .....

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:22

Have you washed her bedding in anything new? Have you bathed her too much? Had she been treated for fleas recently if so with what? No sudden diet changes? Hasnt been on a walk anywhere unusual?

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:38

Hayley wrote:Have you washed her bedding in anything new? Have you bathed her too much? Had she been treated for fleas recently if so with what? No sudden diet changes? Hasnt been on a walk anywhere unusual?

Nothing has changed at all.. same soap powder, don't like to bath her too much as it strips the coat of oils (i think !!), she was treated for flea's with Frontline on 2nd dec and then had the Advocate drop for mites on 16th (the vet said i had to wait 14 days before i could apply the Advocate due to her just having the Frontline) and she's been on the Skinners since mid Nov (but she was itchy whilst on F4D aswell).. Not been anywhere new on her walks ..
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down