Is there a way to find siblings names?

5 posters

Go down

Is there a way to find siblings names? Empty Is there a way to find siblings names?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08 2012, 20:57

I was happy to see Lexi's mum n dad were actually on the KC website, but i wondered if theres a way to find out what her siblings were called? Id love to try and trace them and see what they have got up to.

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to find siblings names? Empty Re: Is there a way to find siblings names?

Post by eogh Sat Dec 08 2012, 22:00

I'd contact the breeder they would no
eogh
eogh
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mimi and Penny
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years old and 10months
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to find siblings names? Empty Re: Is there a way to find siblings names?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08 2012, 22:06

It was 9 years ago, i think she would be like wtf who are you freak lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sat Dec 08 2012, 22:50

Would be cool but I don't know of any possible way. Most likely the breeder has even lost track after that long.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08 2012, 22:55

Well I know her mum n dad are on kc cause I just did the inbreeding thing but would have loved to be able to find out about her litter mates

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sat Dec 08 2012, 22:57

Yeah. Wish I knew more about mine too.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by eogh Sun Dec 09 2012, 00:39

U could try stamtavler see it there on that
eogh
eogh

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mimi and Penny
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years old and 10months
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 00:57

If they were registered with the KC then the only way to find their names (if the breeder can't remember & hasn't kept a record) would be to look through the Breed Record Supplements for the 4 quarters after the pups were born & find pups with the same parents' names.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 09:31

again if they are registered on Stamtavler they list known siblings but only 1 of Tommy's was last time I looked. However when I looked on the health link thing that Steve posted the other day as all ours carry the breeders kennel name of Fergiestaffs , the auto-fill lists all of Tommy's brothers and sisters from the registration list for me to choose from by just typing in Fergiestaffs

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 09 2012, 10:05

We'd love to see how Max's sibs turned out ... I kept asking the breeder but none of them stayed intouch with her like they said they would at wits end

I'd especially love to see how the other boy in the litter turned out, he was going to be ours with Max being the pick of the litter and already spoken for Sad ... but then the other party pulled out dancing and we opted for Maxy Big Grin ... tho the other little fella was gonna be called "Jay" and would have turned out a little less brindled I think thinking
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:07

Caryll wrote:If they were registered with the KC then the only way to find their names (if the breeder can't remember & hasn't kept a record) would be to look through the Breed Record Supplements for the 4 quarters after the pups were born & find pups with the same parents' names.

How would i find that or go about finding it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:08

Dave wrote:again if they are registered on Stamtavler they list known siblings but only 1 of Tommy's was last time I looked. However when I looked on the health link thing that Steve posted the other day as all ours carry the breeders kennel name of Fergiestaffs , the auto-fill lists all of Tommy's brothers and sisters from the registration list for me to choose from by just typing in Fergiestaffs

theres no afix for lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:09

Sad and nothing in Stamtavler ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:10

Hayley wrote:
Caryll wrote:If they were registered with the KC then the only way to find their names (if the breeder can't remember & hasn't kept a record) would be to look through the Breed Record Supplements for the 4 quarters after the pups were born & find pups with the same parents' names.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/348/pndpr/6/4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:16

Dave wrote: Sad and nothing in Stamtavler ???

No, i have looked there before. Lexi is one because i put her on and her grandfather is on, but not her parents. Its sad cause her mum was a fantastic bitch, her owners were "one breed then spay" types but if they had been serious people they would have had some fantastic pups from her cause she was so low on inbreeding, and obviously threw good pups i mean look at my smooshy face. Almost regret breeding lexi now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:40

Im looking at the house that lexi came from. It's different but the fence is still the same. Im getting all nostalgic lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:44

I hope you manage to find something out Hayley, I cannot help, very sorry but know nothing about the breeding side of things.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:57

I don't either Kathy, would just love to see some pics of her siblings and hopefully parents lol

her mum was a gorgeous bitch, and the reason i took Lexi. I wanted the pretty head not the more boxy head so took Lexi purely based on the mums pretty head (and really friendly of course)

Back to top Go down

Post by treacle4775 Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:48

I've just been looking up Obi's family. I've found some pictures on Stamtavler but there isn't any pictures on there from his mum's side except for his grandad oh and one of his uncle's. I'd love to find more so i'll try that link thanks
treacle4775
treacle4775
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Obi, Ava, Zac (R.I.P boy)
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year, 12 weeks 11.5 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female, Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:56

I think they Kennel club may tell you the litter names but not contact details Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:56

Treacle, i love your profile pic, very pretty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:58

Hayley wrote:

Give the KC a ring to see if they have back copies (they usually do) - 020 7518 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by treacle4775 Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:02

kenny d wrote:Treacle, i love your profile pic, very pretty

Ah thanks that's my previous boy Zaccy he died from cancer in May. That picture was taken 4 week before he died.

You're boy is gorgeous too. I'd love a Red
treacle4775
treacle4775

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Obi, Ava, Zac (R.I.P boy)
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year, 12 weeks 11.5 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female, Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:15

Caryll wrote:
Hayley wrote:

Give the KC a ring to see if they have back copies (they usually do) - 020 7518 1016

Yeah i think ill do that. You can buy those papers with the years names or whatever for £6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:20

I used to get the BRS every quarter, but I stopped about 15 years ago - if I was still getting them you could've had them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:24

So its all your fault caryll!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:25

Sorry.......... Blushing Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:27

Its okay i forgive >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down