Gazagem
Kathy
jshrew
Mark
Staffy lover
pongy
10 posters

Go down

warning - Warning for anyone practicing recall. Empty Warning for anyone practicing recall.

Post by pongy Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:28

Took Cassie out for a walk, took the 100' long lead to do some recall,she has done really well but a bit of advice, practicing the recall should be done with legs apart. Cassie came back at 100mph straight into my legs taking them out from underneath me, sending me face 1st into the grass, i got up on to my knees checking my feet faced the correct way and my legs had not been snapped bellow the knee Laughing. god it hurt.

Cassie went straight into cowering mode until she realised i was laughing. After lots of praise and her licking my face in excitement. I let her off lead i think she had proved herself. Here she is enjoying herself. And this time on recall legs were open as you can see she comes back fast Big Grin

[img]warning - Warning for anyone practicing recall. DSC_0202[/img]

Last edited by dave742 on Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:08; edited 1 time in total
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

warning - Warning for anyone practicing recall. Empty Re: Warning for anyone practicing recall.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:31

I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh...........

..........Yes I am........ rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

warning - Warning for anyone practicing recall. Empty Re: Warning for anyone practicing recall.

Post by Staffy lover Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:33

Laughing Laughing happens to the best of us Laughing Laughing
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:38

We have a 50 foot training lead and that's bad enough. It can get wrapped around your feet and pull you over not good Laughing
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:42

Bandit used to circle around & run full pelt into the back of your knees! Very embarrassing when you're flat on your back in the mud with the wind knocked out of you & a 22+kilo dog jumping all over your face cause it's a great game! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:49

Laughing we have all been there
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:50

Caryll wrote:I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh...........

..........Yes I am........ rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Yes I am too Laughing

Well done Cassie, was goin to say that she is keeping your feet on the ground but maybe not Laughing Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Dec 06 2012, 15:00

kathytake2 wrote:
Caryll wrote:I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh,I'mnotgoingtolaugh...........

Yes I am too Laughing

Well done Cassie, was goin to say that she is keeping your feet on the ground but maybe not Laughing Laughing

I was actually rolling on the floor laughing but not by choice rolling on the floor . I think i owe somebody money and they have sent the mob dog Cassie round to break my legs lol Laughing
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 15:33

Ohhh, that must have been painful, Loki ran head-first into my shin once. He carried on running around without having the decency to even act guilty, while I was in pain Laughing. Least the recall went well Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Thu Dec 06 2012, 16:38

Mine have knocked me flying a few times funniest time was with my gsds who decided they were going to chase my oh on the kids 50cc quad bike well all I could do was hang on felt like I was in a Wild West show soon after I bought them both haltis lol
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by I.LOVE.STAFFYS Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:49

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing oooppss! lol
I.LOVE.STAFFYS
I.LOVE.STAFFYS
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Jess
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:57

Ah brilliant, well done to you both Big Grin
sorry, but cant help but Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 18:39

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Dec 07 2012, 18:51

With gusto! Laughing
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 19:15

hahaha Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:22

Missed this. Was just searching recall to see what long leads people use etc and this topic come up.
After reading rolling on the floor
I do this fake throw trick which Blue has fell for every day for the last 2 years. I pretend to throw it it runs off then I turn around and throw it the other way. ABout a year ago I did it and off he went in the wrong direction Laughing I thought, turned and threw it the other way. All fun and games until I was in line now for getting the stick and he flew right through the back of me and sent me flying Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by densil Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:26

The trainer told me to crouch down so I am on eye level when I do the recall, and to really encourage him all the way back - at least I wouldn't have so far to fall, lol
densil
densil
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
warning - Warning for anyone practicing recall. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Densil
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:28

Mike wrote: I was in line now for getting the stick and he flew right through the back of me and sent me flying Blushing
rolling on the floor Thats funny mike, that'll teach you for teasing the poor lad. It's funny how hard their heads are that they don't even feel it. And how many people watched you dusting yourself off while laughing lol

pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:31

That sounds like good advice to get to their level.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:32

densil wrote:The trainer told me to crouch down so I am on eye level when I do the recall, and to really encourage him all the way back - at least I wouldn't have so far to fall, lol

oooh recipe for a broken nose if you ask me lol, i just wish i could teach them the SLOW DOWN command lol
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:32

Laughing They just carry on like nothing happened and your on flooring crying shouting out Help! I think its broken and yeah they just laugh. Normally you get one smart arrse who gets their phone out and asks if you can do it again but this time let him film it

Back to top Go down

Post by jmorton Mon Jan 21 2013, 13:43

I bent over to pet my old Lab and Bandit barreled right into me. The super hard point at the top of his skull broke my cheekbone and threw me onto my back! Luckily I could still eat and breathe so Doc says no worries ... but it still feels tender now ... 7 years later! Good thing he's cute is all I can say LOL Wink
jmorton
jmorton
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bandit
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down