Recall ..?

3 posters

Go down

Recall ..? Empty Recall ..?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:19

Had a wee go at recall again in the park the past 20 mins since it was empty just me and kuma... did well at walking off the lead and cumin back when a called her gave her a treat.. but as a couple walkd by she spotted them bolted to the fence just looking and sniffing... totally dingying me... she then sprinted fast as she could by me then round a few trees still am calling on her then she saw me waving a treat and tryd to nip ma fingers but she sat nice after a firm tone Laughing then got her back on the lead.. any help or something else a could try.. as its pity crap her being on the lead all the time when were out.. but alot of folk don't like the fact she bolts towards them even if she just trys to jump up in greet them but a can't expect strangers to tell her no and ignore her .. any help would be helpful thanks Cool

Back to top Go down

Recall ..? Empty Re: Recall ..?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:24

Try putting her on a long line & letting it trail. Don't let her go too far without calling her back. If she doesn't come, pick up the line & reel her in, calling her all the time. Don't get ompatient or lose your temper as she won't want to come back then. Also, don't let her off lead & then only put her back on when you're ready to go home, she'll associate her lead going on with the end of play time! Take her lead off & put it back on several times while you're out - just short bursts. She'll get the hang of it eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Double_G Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:29

I used to take my douge de borduex in the 5 a side pitch or tennis courts to practice calling him,i think it was me who had the problem more than the dog though i kept thinking if i let him off he would just run off and not come back at all ~angry

In the end he ended up walking every were beside me off the lead untill we got to the park then he used to do his own thing (not straying to far) until i called him.
Double_G
Double_G
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Dave
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:30

When we go to the park a use the retrievable one's... and a did do the on and off with the lead a few times while telling her good girl and giving her a treat . at first at like 15 weeks she did this no bother ! but as shes got bigger one day she just snaped and went wild running about for ages around tree's at first not bothering with other folk then she was like wow humans let's abuse some random's Laughing but this is the first in mibi a month or 2 av tryd her off lead .. a was up fields few weeks back when a added piks...around my m8's two staffys she ran with them playing and would only get her back on the lead calling the other dogs and grabing her Sad needs sorted before she rule's the roost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:41

She's still young & wants to try her luck. Keep patient & she'll learn. Never tell her off when you get her back or she won't want to come back! Always be really glad to see her & give her loads of praise when you (eventually) get her back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:43

Ok will give it a bash Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sat Oct 23 2010, 01:44

Sean i know what u mean about keeping them on a lead, i do that with mine and they hate it, the other day we came back from the Vets which is in a shopping centre and as we were walking along people were scared of Harley as he wanted to say hello to them(he's an excitable boy)one Chinese man even hit him, won't say what i said to him, it's not very ladylike but some of the words were Don't hit my dog.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Recall ..? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 10:27

Laughing lady like >Smile lol, a hate her on the lead a like at least once a day to let her run wild in the park chasin bird's and leaves Laughing but recall is something defo needs alot of work Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:22

Buster is generally great at recall, he'll turn on a sixpence at the whistle. However, if there is something more interesting than me out there he will just ignore me. This is a problem as there is a dog in my local area that he has a grudge against (all to do with a leg from the first rabbit he ever caught being snatched away.) I know if he gets the chance, he will try to kill the dog so - I am constantly vigilant. Buster is only ever off-lead if I see that the dog in question has left the woods.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 22:50

think she would work well with a whistle? av not yet tryed that ...? Ye she is 90% of the time ok by my side now looking for a treat of the lead when we walk but soon as she see's human's or another dog BANG shes off

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Mon Oct 25 2010, 01:34

I just need to slow Harley down, he goes so fast he can't slow down lol usually the fence stops him though lol.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Recall ..? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content