thinking of buying

4 posters

Go down

thinking of buying Empty thinking of buying

Post by brynclaire Tue Sep 14 2010, 22:37

hi all me and the mrs are wanting to buy a blue staff , it is goin to be the 1st dog we have owned , so if you could give us any tips on buying one what to look for and what not to look for , etc in future to look after it to , would apreciate it thank you Big Grin

brynclaire
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

thinking of buying Empty Re: thinking of buying

Post by brynclaire Tue Sep 14 2010, 23:46

please someone ?

brynclaire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 12:11

Hi folks what ever you do dont rush into buying the wrong dog i searched for 10 months and visited loads of pups before i settled on memphis or should i say he settled on me we bonded straight away.
as i say there are tons of people selling blue staffs were both the parents arnt both blue just selling the chance of blue gean if you have your heart set on a blue staff you have to see both mam and dad.
but if you are not wishing to breed this is not a problem as blue mix pups are absilulty gorgous as are all staffs.
also the big problem with blues is there is a lot of interbreeding so be aware as some breeders are just in it for money not love of staffs i found the best breeders in loving familys with children (WHICH EVERYONE WILL AGREE IS SUPER IMPORTANT)hope this has been of some help to you

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Sep 15 2010, 13:57

here an link with abit of information

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/guidelineforbuying.html

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 16:18

Good advice from above! Blues should be exactly the same price as other kc reg staffies in between £500-£600 no more than that! Blues often also dont fit the breed standard as have been bread for colour as opposed to temperment and conformation etIs this dog going to be a family pet???
If so please consider rescuing a dog from a centre etc. There are sooo mant staffs in rescue at the moment u really could have your pick of age. From little 10 week old pups and up! All are tested with cats and children etc so u really would be getting a custom dog who would be just right 4 u.....just a thought anyway!
x

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Wed Sep 15 2010, 16:55

shouldnt we be practising waht we preach tbh and also in the advice we give others ..''dont buy''-''rescue''.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itiC07dKSsU&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIheXFBhQls&feature=related

Last edited by markeB on Wed Sep 15 2010, 17:13; edited 1 time in total
markeB
markeB
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s) : Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 16:57

what do u mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Wed Sep 15 2010, 17:09

well we post vids about the plight of our breed,we all say [i hope]shouldn't be happening and we should be promoting people not breeding their dogs and getting dogs from rescue centers,as we know for every pup bought one dies in a center,and who know that pup may well indeed end up in rescue, for the last 7 days of its life...and no i didn't buy my dogs my bitch was given to me by my daughter when the guy couldn't keep it in his flat complex, and my dog was given to me buy a breeder when it didn't come up to scratch for showing ,as he said he was ''glad to see the back of him ''and would only end up in a kennel at his,and he'd have a better life with me [he does Big Grin ] was offered around my work place, so i took him on and glad to do it and glad i did ..
markeB
markeB

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s) : Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Sep 15 2010, 18:14

i know what you are saying markeb Wink maybe we could do something on the website i'm open to ideas

Last edited by Steve on Wed Sep 15 2010, 18:48; edited 1 time in total

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 15 2010, 18:47

I agree, make sure you do think about, then please think about rescueing first, as mentioned above they are all tested etc, and they match you with a dog which they think will be suitable, you also get to see the dog and spend time with him/her until you find one that suits you too. Its a great way to find the perfect friend and to give them a forever home. Obviously your choice though.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 19:18

yea thats exactly what i was saying markeb?? Im confused lol anyway...... both mine were rescues and i am a dog walker in my local shelter so i no first hand about these poor babies Crying or Very sad I would always reccommend a rescue dog to anyone who only wants the dog as a pet and isnt interested in the showing world! Saying that we had a gorgeous kc reg red bitch through our doors not so long ago....luckly she didnt stay long as we contacted the breeder and they took her back!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 10:38

I get where your coming with the rescue a dog instead of buying a pup but is it not just a catch22 as the pups that have breed will not be bought, so will end up in a shelter or worse eg( in a sack in a river or dumped on the side of a road) i relise the the breeders will stop breeding if the money not there but it will take time.
so this will have a knock on afect the recue centres and pounds and kennels which are already full to bursting would not be able to cope there no money from grants to expand so i know they say thay never but a healthy dog to sleep but somthing would have to happen as they would have to go somewhere and with so many staffys already in centres it might just be me but which breed will get the brunt.

we need tougher breeding laws and none breeders must have there pets doctord i can only see this as the way forward

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 11:19

Completley agree!! The problem here stems from back yard breeders thinking that they can make a quick couple of quid. Much toughter laws need to be inforced in order to protect our beloved breed! ALL dogs MUST be netured unless given special permission (health implications OR registered breeders). All litters must be recorded and any who end up in rescue will be swiftly returned to breeders. Fines and rewards for tip offs to catch back yard breeders imo will also help! Rant over......lol

Back to top Go down

Post by brynclaire Thu Sep 16 2010, 11:58

thnx alot for replys , does anyone no of any good places or sites round manchester/lancashire i could look to buy a blue pup dog from ?

brynclaire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 12:22

Theres a few links there.....
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/nth-west.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 12:49

F.A.O BLAZE666 that was not a rant you just had; that was from the heart if its not sorted all the staffys will be interbreed and have loads of health problems and this buetifull breed will be spoilt forever.
as i know myself 10 months and many miles traveled to find a pup with no family ties in his 5 gen pedigree.
and yes i will be studing him but all papers of the portental dams will be checked for family links if any there will be no mating. it is our duty to keep this breed healthy and going strong and unlike many breeders he will not be a puppy machine he will always be the family i wont say pet he is a fully payed up member of the family formost and if he dont want to have his wicked way he will be retired and never forced to preform as we all know staffys are people to lol Big Grin now thats how you have a rant giggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 13:19

haha! Its nice to talk to ppl who are also passionate about the breed. People think im mad normally banging on about it but i cant help it!! When eventually u do breed your boy make sure he has all the health checks and make sure the bitch u use is also clear of staffie genetic dieseases eg L2 HGA, PHPV, etc. Also get opinions on wether he conforms well to the breed standard. Alot of people dont actually no this but breeding a dog or a bitch can lead to major behavioral issues and can turn a once loving placid dog into a complete nightmare! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 13:42

they are just so easy to become passionate about i already knew about all the health tests and they will be checked that the dams are also clear and as for the breed standard he should be ok for that as both his parents are crufts competitors and of perfect standard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 13:48

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down