Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post!

+2
Steve
princesslou
6 posters

Go down

Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post! Empty Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post!

Post by princesslou Wed Feb 02 2011, 20:32

I have got the best harness ever, a mikki anti-pull harness! After having major problems with the dogs taking me for a walk, i was desparate. Its baisically a collar with a detachable harness which can be removed once they learn to walk without pulling. It controls them more through the neck instead of the shoulders, which they were able to easily pull against. I took them out one at a time tonight, and it was amazing, kept a few treats in my pocket and they were great.
princesslou
princesslou
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Paris & Tyson
Dog Gender(s) : M/F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post! Empty Re: Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 20:36

excellent i used a no pull harness for a while it was rope and tightened under his belly when he tried to pull and that worked for me keep it up

Back to top Go down

Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post! Empty Re: Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post!

Post by Steve Wed Feb 02 2011, 20:37

Smile cool see how it for another week or so if it still good and added it in the tried & tested forum Smile

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Feb 02 2011, 21:06

We've been thinking of one of those harnesses, but we need to look at something that's very padded, her fur is beginning to rub off a lot I've noticed recently.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:05

Cornish-Muscle wrote:We've been thinking of one of those harnesses, but we need to look at something that's very padded, her fur is beginning to rub off a lot I've noticed recently.

Rub off? Sure its not a baldy belly? Mines nearly just skin underneath. Good luck with the harness, and let us know, thats always a subject asked about Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:28

A harness rubs Dempsey's fur off as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Thu Feb 03 2011, 09:54

Janey wrote:
Cornish-Muscle wrote:We've been thinking of one of those harnesses, but we need to look at something that's very padded, her fur is beginning to rub off a lot I've noticed recently.

Rub off? Sure its not a baldy belly? Mines nearly just skin underneath. Good luck with the harness, and let us know, thats always a subject asked about Smile

Na, sadly it's across her shoulders, I've noticed there's patches of thin fur just where her harness sits. I hate the harness we have any way, it constantly works loose >.<
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Feb 03 2011, 10:34

Cornish-Muscle wrote:
Janey wrote:

Na, sadly it's across her shoulders, I've noticed there's patches of thin fur just where her harness sits. I hate the harness we have any way, it constantly works loose >.<

Aww bless! I only use a normal collar, never needed a harness, I don't have a puller! Well mum used a harness for a while cause she felt it gave her more control.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Feb 03 2011, 10:38

Amy - I had that problem the best ones I've found which don't rub offthe hair are the Ezydog one. Cheap too and you can stick em in the washing machine. Actually I rate all of their stuff for day-to-day use. If you are having probs with existing harness you can get sheepskin covers for a horses bridle which you can put on the straps...

Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post! Bartl_nosebndcvr_r11a

Ive got the answer to my (Pulling) post! Sheepskin-noseband-cover
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 10:40

That's a good idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Feb 03 2011, 10:50

Oh and they dont have to be the expensive sheepskin ones, they make fleece ones for about 2 quid which you can wash when they inevitably get dirty
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Thu Feb 03 2011, 12:38

Glad you found a solution I had a harness for Ty till he outgrew it I then got an anti pull one from Pets at home with covers like above but they kept slipping up and down and the harnes ended up cutting in to the inside of his legs he had huge sores from it and also his fur was rubbing off to! So I had to go on to using a collar which is ok so far but once he learns to walk nicely I will be going back to the harness as I spent like 40 odd quid on a nice leather one for xmas lol
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Thu Feb 03 2011, 13:32

Nosipho wrote:Oh and they dont have to be the expensive sheepskin ones, they make fleece ones for about 2 quid which you can wash when they inevitably get dirty

I never thought of that! Thank you so much! There's a tack shop near us, I'll have a look soon.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down