Think I've found the answer at last!

+4
Holsten
janey
Cornish-Muscle
gem
8 posters

Go down

Think I've found the answer at last! Empty Think I've found the answer at last!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 08:59

Hey all. So Charlie has been here for 7 and a half weeks now, and every morning, I've come down to find wee and poo in his crate, yuk! I've been trying to find out why he does it cos he can hold it for 6 hours during the day and he waits less than that at night cos I get up to let him out at 3 and he still does it. Anyway, I remembered that my old greyhound used to poo in the living room every night too. My twins were just babies back then, and occasionally, when I'd had no sleep for a week because of them, I'd sleep downstairs for a night and my husband would see to the twins so I could get some sleep. When I was downstairs with Taz (the greyhound) he didnt poo or pee, he just curled up on the sofa and slept. So for the last 2 nights, Charlie has slept on a cushion a few feet away from my bed, and...... no pee or poo!! I think, like my greyhound, he just wants to sleep with the pack. He's getting better during the day too. Not long now and I think he'll be fully housetrained! Smile

Back to top Go down

Think I've found the answer at last! Empty Re: Think I've found the answer at last!

Post by gem Sat Jan 22 2011, 10:31

Bless him !!!! But remember when he can jump on that bed he probably will do and he will probably be under the covers and farting away like they do !!!! Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Think I've found the answer at last! Empty Re: Think I've found the answer at last!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 10:54

Well said gem! And so true!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:09

My hubby wont allow it. He's happy to have him in the room but draws the line at having him in bed. I usually go to bed earlier than Dan and cuddle up in bed with Charlie then Dan'll put him on his cushion when he comes up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:20

Ha ha I wonder why they call them the clever staffy!!!! When he can jump he will and wait till your fast asleep and creep on there and youll never no unless your light sleepers weve all been there!!! Seriously its your choice were he sleeps and as long as you all do the same thing with him hell learn but you may be giving him mixed messages as you let him on and dad doesnt Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:25

I like to cuddle up with him for a bit before Dan comes up. I've always believed that a dog should be allowed on the sofa/bed as long as they know they have to get off when told. The last couple nights, me and Charlie have been asleep when Dan's come up and Dan's moved him and he's stayed on his cushion all night. If he starts jumping up on the bed, it'll be on my side and I can think of worse things than being squashed in between my beloved hubby and my beloved dog Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:39

Shontelle wrote:I like to cuddle up with him for a bit before Dan comes up. I've always believed that a dog should be allowed on the sofa/bed as long as they know they have to get off when told. The last couple nights, me and Charlie have been asleep when Dan's come up and Dan's moved him and he's stayed on his cushion all night. If he starts jumping up on the bed, it'll be on my side and I can think of worse things than being squashed in between my beloved hubby and my beloved dog Smile
Awww thats nice!!!! well if my 2 are in the bedroom they are straight onto my side too Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:59

Molly usually lays between the two of us, I would suggest if you're going to let him sleep on the bed investing in a duvet that is the next size up from your bed. I wake up multiple times in the night with no covers because the OH and the dog have stolen them. Molly refuses to sleep under the covers, so she just ends up stealing them all
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 20:14

Thanks for the tip! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 22 2011, 20:18

Aww, Moo has a bed on the floor, next to mine and sleeps there, unless I'm feeling ultra nice and she come on the bed, which is more often than not, but she will only come up when asked. Definatly get a bigger duvet though! I have 2 on mine usually mine and hers x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsten Sat Jan 22 2011, 21:41

You might want to think twice about letting dogs in your bed .Last night my boy got in with us as always ,got under the duvet then proceeded to be sick all over my feet at 2.30am this morning .AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!Bless his little cotton socks !!So me and oh had to jump up ,while i was washing my feet she proceeded to strip and remake bed .lovely ,but worried now because me other one has started vomiting today ,now their both poorly Sad
Holsten
Holsten
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Holsten and Jaydee
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 22 2011, 21:48

Hope there ok. And know sicky feet and bed is not nice!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 21:50

Oh no, hope they're ok and havent got anything nasty. Charlie's bed is next to mine but he's allowed up on the bed with me til Dan comes to bed. He's good as gold when Dan gets him off and stays put on his bed all night. Bless him he's doing so well, no accidents at all in the house yesterday and today and him sleeping in my room seems to have sorted the night time problems too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 22 2011, 22:23

Go Charlie! There so cute to snuggle up too, I know its advised against but I love it Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sat Jan 22 2011, 22:54

Molly's been good so far, the only time she's thrown up in the bed was a few weeks ago, 3.30 in the morning, and she hung her head over the edge of the bed, and threw up on the floor
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie b Sun Jan 23 2011, 01:00

i agree with shotelle on this,i let mine one the bed and sofa but he will only get on when told and will get off as soon as we say and stay where he is put!
Stevie b
Stevie b

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sidney
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 09:57

Thats the whole point of training them isnt it? So they learn good manners, know whats right and wrong and know to get off, or down, or leave it when they're told. I dont see anything wrong with having a dog on the bed as long as he doesnt jump up til he's asked and gets down when told.

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Sun Jan 23 2011, 10:15

used to let shady on the bed but you just cant get a good nights sleep , he's up under covers till he gets to hot then he's down panting in your face at side of bed then back up on top of duvet so when you move you lose the duvet and wake up cold lol so they both sleep in the hall on their blankets

different strokes for different folks in this case
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 10:25

Shontelle... nothing wrong with what you are doing... Charlie knows that when Dan comes to bed he has to go to his bed....
Holly and the kids have been watching movies on blow up beds in the lounge room all weekend.
Once she is told "holly bed time".. she climbes off and heads into her crate, no fuss... I think they are just greatfull for the time you allow them to snuggle you.
How did charlie go last night anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 10:36

Charlie was good as gold again last night Mel. He came up to bed with about ten cos I was knackered yesterday. He was on the bed til Dan came up at about half eleven. Dan just said on your bed and he laid down on his bed and went back to sleep and stayed there all night. No wee or poo. Its only been a few nights, but I think it's def what was needed and is working. Its soooo nice coming down to my living room in the morning and not smelling wee or poo! I'm really impressed with Charlie cos even tho he's not in his crate at night now, he's staying put and not tearing our room up. He's such a good boy. Niff you're right, different things works for different people Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Tue Jan 25 2011, 09:53

Shontelle wrote:My hubby wont allow it. He's happy to have him in the room but draws the line at having him in bed. I usually go to bed earlier than Dan and cuddle up in bed with Charlie then Dan'll put him on his cushion when he comes up Smile
me other half wont let brusier sleep in the bed either!
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Tue Jan 25 2011, 10:18

Hollie never goes upstairs at all ! (only for an occasional bath) She sleeps in her covered crate in the hallway.
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down