Vinny's home

2 posters

Go down

Vinny's home Empty Vinny's home

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 16:42

Vinny's home 622207_10151109469966627_479372427_o

So Vinny arrived home today. The car ride was perfect - he slept. We introduced him to his sister on neutral territory which went well - Roxy is a typically playful and boisterous staff so she did think he was a bit of squeeky toy Straight Face

The introduction once into the house was a little worrying. Roxy isn't possessive but she did block him from going into her space (we took all toys, beds, bowls etc up beforehand). She played a bit rough again and then we took Vinny to his bed where he did what pups do best.

While he was sleeping we gave Roxy her usual dose of attention and her favourite toys etc. So when she was super tired again we let them off leash in the garden together. That went pretty well - they had a run and a play and he even nicked Roxy's hoof and she couldn't care less. He toddled back into the house and fell asleep in Roxy's bed and she was a-ok with it - basically ignored him...I think that's a good thing??

She is certainly curious and cautious of her new brother and for now we are keeping then separated except for supervised play/introductions. I hope we're doing everything right? The little guy has had his dinner and is sleeping again.

So here's a question : when we got Roxy she was 12 weeks old and obviously the bladder control was pretty good. Vinny is 8 weeks old. How often will we be getting up tonight?!?! (Oh, at one point today he woke up and scratched at the baby gate..I took him out and he peed and pooped - so it "felt" like he was already telling me...Are staffies clever or what?!?!!?)

Here's a pic of Roxy during one of our super hot days.

Vinny's home 665078_10151098525746627_478403244_o

Back to top Go down

Vinny's home Empty Re: Vinny's home

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 16:46

set your alarm for every hour and work from there , welcome home Vinny Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 19:09

Ah, both beautiful dogs Smile sounds like it's going well, I'm sure Roxy would be a bit cautious at first and getting used to it, but I'm sure as they get to know each other they'll be great with each other. As for taking Vinnie for the toilet...every hour or so, and especially when they wake up, after eating and after playing.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 24 2012, 19:14

What a yummy pup Love Struck Been so long since I had one so not much help, but congratulations on your new addition Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Nov 24 2012, 20:21

Try taking him outside every half hour/hour. He will probably need to go outside just after a snooze, after a play and after dinner.

My hubby and me slept on the sofa for the first nights when we bought Rocky home so we could just let him outside every hour at night, but he was a bit older than your latest addition.

You have two gorgeous dogs there, I'm sure they both will get along just fine once Vinny is settled in with you all.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 21:27

Sounds like you are doing everything right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 06:54

Welcome home Vinny Big Grin They are both gorgeous and I think we will need lots more pics plese Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 04:53

Thanks for the advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down