Feeding

2 posters

Go down

Feeding Empty Feeding

Post by mattyp Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:38

Hi all

Right i have been on here 1 day now and i have figured that every 1 hates Bakers lol Big Grin as i cant really afford the mega expensive brands so i have been advised to try CHUDLEYS so i have been and got some chudleys puppy food has any 1 used it or no any 1 that has used this?

My dog is 6 months old called Rocky Big Grin

This is my previous post

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t26774-6-month-old-still-pooing-on-a-night-please-help?highlight=Pooing
mattyp
mattyp
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 6 month
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Feeding Empty Re: Feeding

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:41

mattyp wrote:Hi all

Right i have been on here 1 day now and i have figured that every 1 hates Bakers lol Big Grin as i cant really afford the mega expensive brands so i have been advised to try CHUDLEYS so i have been and got some chudleys puppy food has any 1 used it or no any 1 that has used this?

My dog is 6 months old called Rocky Big Grin

This is my previous post

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t26774-6-month-old-still-pooing-on-a-night-please-help?highlight=Pooing

It's not that we hate Bakers that would be slander to the company , it's more bout the fact that it is absolute sh1te and I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:44

You may find good kibble cheaper online, I use www.chemistdirect.co.uk a wide choice, delivered and cheaper. Also remember feeding a better quality feed you will use less.

You could also try raw, inexpensive and some great minds here that will help you Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by mattyp Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:47

So is chudley any good lol?
mattyp
mattyp

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 6 month
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:56

Yes, since I've been on this forum (only a few months) I have learned how everyone hates Bakers!

I must admit that I had always fed it to my Dobermanns (first the puppy variety, then adult) and they loved it; ate it dry every day without having to mix anything into it and thrived into old age. So I always thought it was a pretty good dog food.

However, my Staff thought otherwise! I had to mix various "yummies" into it every day to get him to eat it at all. On going onto this forum I was advised that Bakers wasn't as great as I thought it was, and on reading the ingredients list (something that had never crossed my mind to do before, trusting that dog food manufacturers had our dogs' best nutrition at heart) I did see that the main ingredient is cereal.

Your puppy obviously needs puppy food for a few months yet, but I have no experience of Chudleys - I'm sure someone will come along here to advise.

Wishing you good luck in finding the ideal food for Rocky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:21

These are the ingredients for the adult Chudley's one:

Maize, Salmon (30%), Prairie meal, Barley, Chicken fat, Rice, Unmolassed beet pulp, Peas, Alfalfa, Yeast, Salmon oil (source of omega 3 fatty acids), Salt, Potassium chloride, Milk thistle, Mannan oligosaccharides (1,000mg/kg), Green lipped mussel (500mg/kg), Glucosamine (500mg/kg), Yucca, Blackcurrant, Kale, Spinach, Beetroot, Rosemary, Rosehip & Pomegranate

Maize is listed first, so not the greatest quality dog food out there, but seems decent, and certainly better than Bakers. Course, someone with more knowledge of dog nutrition can check the list and see if it's actually not good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down