so angry..

+2
Beryltheperil
Nathan
6 posters

Go down

so angry.. Empty so angry..

Post by Nathan Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:58

Had a realy good day today with a big dog meet with marleys bro a 3 year old staffsky and a staff cross gsd....brill time. Only to find that a guy i met last night , friend of a friend who had adopted a loverly blue staff girl from the rspca. My elation turned to rave tonight when i found out he was thinking of giving her up as he was finding it to hard to look after her. I know this is a family sige but what a * head...if i can look after my too nutballs she would be a breeze. Ive asked for some time with him tomorrow to talk some sence into him as i think he hit the two day jitters where hes realised dogs need love and attention. If this post suddenly disapears ykull know ive convinced him to keep her. Gonna point him this way to change his mind...if not i may jusy beat him...alot

Last edited by axam102 on Sun Nov 04 2012, 11:49; edited 1 time in total
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

so angry.. Empty Re: so angry..

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:00

Hope you can make him see the light

Back to top Go down

Post by Beryltheperil Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:10

I know I got day 2 jitters as Beryl was constantly trying to nip my face, kept jumping on everything, attacked any dog that came within 100 foot of us on a walk, pulled at her lead and pooed everywhere,

3 weeks later, ok the pooing is still happening but everything else has very much calmed down and I wouldn't be without her, I knew taking a rescue dog wasn't going to be a breeze, but I also knew that I couldn't give up on her as that wouldn't have been fair on her or my family

Good luck with convincing him, tell him it does get better and easier
Beryltheperil
Beryltheperil
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Beryl
Dog(s) Ages : 1-3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:27

Beryltheperil wrote:I know I got day 2 jitters as Beryl was constantly trying to nip my face, kept jumping on everything, attacked any dog that came within 100 foot of us on a walk, pulled at her lead and pooed everywhere,

3 weeks later, ok the pooing is still happening but everything else has very much calmed down and I wouldn't be without her, I knew taking a rescue dog wasn't going to be a breeze, but I also knew that I couldn't give up on her as that wouldn't have been fair on her or my family

Good luck with convincing him, tell him it does get better and easier
Thanyou and exactly what ill be showing him tommorow, couldnt have said it bettef
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:29

I don't get why anyone gets a dog, only to want to give them up so soon because...what, because they're not self-trained and they actually need to be taught what's right and wrong? Or because no-one realises how much time is needed for them? Just seems stupid. Anyway, I hope you talk him around, let us know how you get on Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:53

I know mate and i will be having strong words tommorow. Was hoping to hold tbis until tmommoz but need a good lift up...spot the none staff cross. so angry.. 14406_10152224015685114_1565773284_n what a fantastic day.

Last edited by axam102 on Fri Nov 09 2012, 13:19; edited 1 time in total
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:56

axam102 wrote:so angry.. 14406_10152224015685114_1565773284_n

Fantastic Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:23

Yup if i can do that with a few dogs imagine what you can do with one...criminal....it doesnt take angthing more than trust..btw im fat git on left...
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:51

Tbh even with problems a solution isn't hard to find!

Hi fat git on the left Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:56

kisses to you skinney git and moo xxx
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:59

Been called worse Laughing

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 00:08

wow what a great pic , that's some doggy outing Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 06:18

My parents have had a lot of dogs in their lives, so they have experience of owning dogs, but not with training them. Pretty much all the dogs they owned had behavioural problems, and they never really trained it out of them for lack of knowledge, but to their credit, they didn't rehome any of them either. They just put up with these lunatic dogs Laughing so if they can do that without dying from stress, training a dog with the right information on how to do it is pretty straight-forward, even if quite time-consuming and frustrating at times.

Oh, and the picture is great, I want a Staffsky. May I interest you in letting me take one of yours off your hands? Yes? Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 07:21

It's hard. You get a cute pup & expect everything to slot into place in a few hours. Then the reality hits you - you have a lunatic, with razor teeth, immense strength for such a small thing & so much energy you can't keep up!

But that's when you look around for a bit of help! I know I did with my first pup (border collie). I found a training club & it made things so much easier. Suddenly I could see others with the same (and worse) problems as me!

I hope you can talk him round, but if not, make sure the dog goes back to the rescue centre & doesn't try & regime her himself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Nov 04 2012, 10:21

the thing is she is 19 months old, fantastic with other dogs and took to laska brilliantly. whats making me angry is that he hasnt given her time to settle or even adjust himself to having a dog around, Im starting to wonder if the girl would be better going back and being rehomed with someone who knows what they are doing to be honest. im not sure that he understands that having a dog is a lifestyle and that he is going to have to make some big alterations. hopefully I will be seing him later today if my rant at his friend didnt put them off last night Blushing
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Nov 04 2012, 11:06

ANattyRat wrote:

Oh, and the picture is great, I want a Staffsky. May I interest you in letting me take one of yours off your hands? Yes? Big Grin

Nooo, I couldnt be without either of them now Love Struck
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Sun Nov 04 2012, 13:22

Great pics and i do hope you can convince this guy to stick it out, a lot of people seem to think Dogs train themselves Sadly, we have just had Duke out we came across a couple with a shitzuXmaltese terrier it went nuts at Duke growling and barking at him , Duke growled back in defense of himself and the woman blamed Duke , we walked away shaking our heads , he played with and greeted every other dog who ho met today without a growl or any aggression, some folk ehhh .
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 14:00

Sometimes with the rescue dogs it the toilet training. Is the rescue dog messing the house> I know this can be factor in ppl being unable to cope. it can take a few days to get on top of this, he just needs to understand the emotions the dog is going through and the confusion of a rescue. Maybe ask him what the reasons are why he cant cope. Love your pic Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:49

Really hope you can make them see the light at the end of the tunnel, they could also come here for some advice we are all very helpful and friendly, which has always been my experience anyway.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Nov 06 2012, 20:08

Update on Moron....hes given her up
spoke with him and it was excuse after excuse, which if were right he shouldnt have got/been able to have got the poor thing in the first place. The whole thing has got me livid.
when I questioned him about the home check etc i got some bs back so I kept pressing him and he eventually admitted he'd got her off preloved and was going to put her back on it which I admit I went a little over the top at hearing this. eventually I got through his thick skull (might have scared him a little) and he promised to take the dog to a home to be assesed and rehomed properly. Ive just heard he took her to the last chance animal shelter in Kent last night. I'm tempted to call to make sure but will wait a bit and not sure if they would tell me anything anyway. is there anyway I can find out if hes telling the truth? have found no adds on preloved yet but will keep monitoring just in case (can you tell I dont trust him?) she is a stunning 19month old blue staff called Sasha with a great personality if anyone sees anything anywhare, she has also just come into season so wondering if the shelter will hold her a while before spaying and rehoming. I really realy hope he's kept his word or Im going to loose it with him and Ive only ever met him twice. I very rarely hate someone in the true sense of the word and I've never hated someone so quick.

And one last note which will get you shacking your heads in disbelief... one excuse was his brother didnt like her running about all over and being hyper so was giving him a hard time over it. now that very same brother is supposedly getting an Alaskan Malamute, words fail me banghead poor poor dog.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Tue Nov 06 2012, 20:31

We just found out that our neighbours are rehoming their collie (who was initially a rescue with quite bad separation anxiety) they had been working with. When we moved in they were crating him in the garage and he would be going crazy for hours whining yowling and doing what sounded like slamming himself against the crate (the garage door had a slat off so he could see everything going by and would get even more distressed, too much bark stimulus etc). I went round one day as he had been sounding so upset and I did poke my nose in, but they thanked me as they hadn't realised (apparently) what a state he was getting into, he would go quiet when they pulled up but I'm still not sure they weren't aware. Anyway, they began keeping him in the dining room when they went out and said he was a different dog. The other day they told us he is going because..wait for it, they are having a baby in six months. He doesn't even get a chance??????

Sad
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100