Wilfred Overnight, sick and pooh again

4 posters

Go down

Crying Wilfred Overnight, sick and pooh again

Post by Wilfred Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:14

Hi all, getting to our wits end here
after we thought wilf was alright with his overnight antics, we have awoken again this morning to kitchen covered in sick and pooh even sick in his day bed as well
After our last post he had settled down with the new routine of,

wake up, Walk, Breakfast, Sleeps most of day,.. Fine,

4 o'clockish he is fed
then walked around 6 when i get in from work, does his bussiness fine,

pops out throughout the evening for pee etc,

i always walk to bottom of garden with him and make sure he evacuates his bowels try for both 1 & 2 even if stood out there somenights for 20 min he is slowly getting the idea.

But this morning there was a patty like pooh very pale, a sick that was very runny and watery in one corner of our small galley kitchen and another more firm sick near the door and the same in his day bed....

Now we do have a baby gate to keep him in the kitchen and a crate next to his day bed but we leave the gate on the crate open overnight as even if locked in his crate he will mess in there and to be honest its alot easier to clean the kitchen floor than a dog and the crate when things happen...

Wow this is turning into a long post if your still there thanks for sticking with me Big Grin

So the only thing we can think of for last nights incident is that he may have had a couple of extra bonios yesteday due to going our for a walk with grandad, i did notice when i took him out last night that his pooh was a quite pale and loose and therefore made sure he did one before he went to bed again....

He is fine during the day we have never had an incident like this even when he has had to be left on the odd occasion for 5 -6 hours due to work or kid commitments ..

All comments will be apreciated, we dont knwo hwat is happening to our puppy, both me and my partner have owned dogs before but they were older and never a young pup... is this somehitng we all have to go through...

Cheers Matt, Jo & Wilfred the foul hound hurry up! doh I dont want to s
Wilfred
Wilfred
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wilfred
Dog(s) Ages : 17 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: Wilfred Overnight, sick and pooh again

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:23

Have you seen a vet yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilfred Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:31

Yes, we saw a Vet when he was just poohing through the night every night about 7 - 10 days ago and he said he was fine in himself and to starve for a day took samples and got back with no issues,
Due to the support and comments i got on here we changed his routine to the one desctibed so he was being fed earlier around 4 - 5 pm rather than after he go back from his evening walk with me which could be anywhere from 7 - 7:30 and all seemed good, poohs firmed up no more overnight mess,

Then we woke up to this, seems to be more sick than pooh this time but then again the dirty little man eats his owns feaces so i dont know how much there was, we are startving him again today to see how we get on...
Wilfred
Wilfred

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:50

Hugs Is all I can offer , I've tried to get my pup well this week he's been very up n down but seeing vet this afternoon Sad

I'm starting to think some kinda virus going round, I know a few dogs who have had sickness in the last cpl of weeks Sad
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:55

Bonios? They have a high wheat content - if he's intolerant of wheat (and a lot of dogs are) that could be what caused it.

If he's ok in himself, no temperature & happy/lively & drinking properly then I would give him nothing until his next feed, then something light (chicken with mashed boiled eggs or or mashed potato) and see how he goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilfred Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:10

Jackieb thanks for the hugs and i will pass it on to my wife as she is the in real need of it....

Carryl, after your advice last time we changed the routine and this seemed to have worked...
I suspect it is the bonios, he normally only has 1 when we have to go out for the day, me work, wife uni and then the radio on.

But as i said he went out with Grandad for a walk yesterday and he says he gave him a couple as treats for behaving when out and i suspect he gave him another when he dropped him back off.

I read the back of the box and for a dog upto 15kg its 2 a day..
I bet he at least had 4 yesterday miminum...

So unfortunately the little man is on a fast day again today and we will see home he goes...

Once again guys thanks for all the support and just being there for us when were not sure wats to do it really does help to just talk it out....
Wilfred
Wilfred

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:12

Have you thought about changing what you give for a treat? We use mostly dried out or cooked veggies. They are low cal and most dogs tolerate them really well

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilfred Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:18

Jstaff after the bonio education and thier HIGH wheat content, im thinkking that way,,,

i mean its not like it takes him a long time to eat them, normally nearly all gone by the time i have turned round and locked the door ;0

Suggestions,,, Whats with the dried veg, i would be interested in that.
He does have a veg content to his food as his is a BARF boy and i make his mince mix with veg in it and he even get gets the odd raw carrot sliver when we are cooking

Would you just air dry the veg and which are suitable....

Thanks
Matt
Wilfred
Wilfred

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:23

We have one of those things where you hang it outside and it dries out and dehydrates the veggies. We also use steamed sweet potatos or frozen carrots. She's also a big fan of cabbage.

Liver is also a great treat. Basically anything that is all natural and low cal are great treats. Suki is very food motivated so they are great for keeping her attention in problem situations like walking by a cat or places with loud noises

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:25

I've never given dried veg as treats. I have given a frozen carrot, though & that goes down really well!

You can put some liver pieces in a slow oven until they're really crispy, but you can't give too many of them as they'll give him bum gravy! sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilfred Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:29

Ok Frozen Carrot is easy to do will try that...

Thanks Big Grin

Wilfred
Wilfred

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:40

Hi Matt, I hope you can get Wilf sorted and back into his good routine. Sending lots of hugs >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Nov 02 2012, 12:11

Apparently there is dog gastroenteritis going around (not sure of the technical term), but as Caryll said it might be the high wheat content of the bonios which has upset him. Give him a couple of raw chicken wings if he will eat them after the starvation period this will harden him up Smile
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 12:17

Nosipho wrote:Apparently there is dog gastroenteritis going around (not sure of the technical term), but as Caryll said it might be the high wheat content of the bonios which has upset him. Give him a couple of raw chicken wings if he will eat them after the starvation period this will harden him up Smile

I would have thought, though, if it was gastroenteritis he'd be poorly in himself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilfred Tue Nov 06 2012, 13:55

Hi all, well since the fasting day after the bonio binge from Grandad, seems to have been ok, had a minor issue yesterday morning but no more dirty protests through the night...

Thanks once again Big Grin
Wilfred
Wilfred

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down