PygmyParrot
roz w
Kathy
Staffy lover
Steveb
pongy
10 posters

Go down

staffordshire type ??? Empty staffordshire type ???

Post by pongy Wed Oct 31 2012, 14:57

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10017616.Boy__4__bitten_by_family_pet_dog_in_Darwen/

staffordshire type of dog? how generalised is that? its so proffesional to breed fear of staffs.If they dont know the breed then family pet was suffice
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

staffordshire type ??? Empty Re: staffordshire type ???

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 15:03

Another bad owner , unsupervised child and dog

“It was not a dangerous dog type.

“It was a Staffordshire bull terrier-type dog.

“The owner, due to the fact that he had bitten his nephew, took it upon himself to have the dog put down.

“They were very upset about what happened.

“The children were very upset too as the dog was a family pet.

“It did not look like a vicious dog and had been through all the checks.”

but the owner should not have had his dog destroyed and what exactly is "been through all the checks" supposed to mean

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Oct 31 2012, 15:13

Every sane person knows that any child should be supervised around any dog,we all know children have the tendacy to pull ears,lips,tails and pretty much torment a dog so i blame the owner.By the way Dave lovely photo
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 15:14

For goodness sake, three small puncture wounds! Do they know why? Did they even bother to try & find out why?

Heaven forbid that they should think that maybe the child was teasing the dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveb Wed Oct 31 2012, 15:41

These days people don't distinguish between nips and attacks. Three small punture wounds doesn't sound like a dog that needed to be put down. It does sounds like a dog that in this day and age perhaps shouldn't be around kids. Who knows what happened - it may have not been well, the dog may have been teased or it may just be grumpy but the fact that the child wasn't supervised makes it impossible to know what went on.

Back before the DDA being nipped by a dog was all part of learning about dogs - be it learning to respect them or knowing when to avoid a grumpy one. It seems nowadays that this has been forgotten and we are bringing up kids to who believe they have the right to treat everyone and everything as they feel - just look at how some children treat teachers as another example! I'm not saying that in this instance this is the case far from it as I have no idea what happened (then again nor do the ppl involved) but it does seem to be the way society is going these days.

Sorry rant over!!!

Steveb
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Wed Oct 31 2012, 15:45

Well it seem to me the owners wanted rid of the dog so took the easy way out, they should be shot themselves angry
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Oct 31 2012, 15:54

Steveb wrote:These days people don't distinguish between nips and attacks. Three small punture wounds doesn't sound like a dog that needed to be put down. It does sounds like a dog that in this day and age perhaps shouldn't be around kids. Who knows what happened - it may have not been well, the dog may have been teased or it may just be grumpy but the fact that the child wasn't supervised makes it impossible to know what went on.

Back before the DDA being nipped by a dog was all part of learning about dogs - be it learning to respect them or knowing when to avoid a grumpy one. It seems nowadays that this has been forgotten and we are bringing up kids to who believe they have the right to treat everyone and everything as they feel - just look at how some children treat teachers as another example! I'm not saying that in this instance this is the case far from it as I have no idea what happened (then again nor do the ppl involved) but it does seem to be the way society is going these days.

Sorry rant over!!!

I agree totally,when i was growing up our family dog nipped me on the hand my dad said "that'll teach you to leave her alone" and suprise suprise i did learn,but there was not even a hint of dumping her,more chance of me being left tied to a fence.Nowadays parents think their kids have the right to just walk upto any dog known or not and do what they like and then scream dangerous animal/irresponsible owner, i hate humans sometimes
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 16:37

Great 4 last posts and all very true , puts a lot of meaning into when Steve says its Society we have to fix before anything else

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Oct 31 2012, 16:46

"taffordshire bull terrier-type dog", whats that supposed to mean ???

I can remember my Mum saying that only thing newspaper is good for is starting a fire, how true that saying is literally.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Wed Oct 31 2012, 17:26

i would not have but a my dog down for that but i would be extra careful around children .....it may have been that the dog was playing and just got a bit rough
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
staffordshire type ??? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 17:33

kathytake2 wrote:
I can remember my Mum saying that only thing newspaper is good for is starting a fire, how true that saying is literally.

When I was a kid we used to use newspaper as toilet paper!

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Wed Oct 31 2012, 17:38

dave742 wrote:
Steveb wrote:These days people don't distinguish between nips and attacks. Three small punture wounds doesn't sound like a dog that needed to be put down. It does sounds like a dog that in this day and age perhaps shouldn't be around kids. Who knows what happened - it may have not been well, the dog may have been teased or it may just be grumpy but the fact that the child wasn't supervised makes it impossible to know what went on.

Sorry rant over!!!

I agree totally,when i was growing up our family dog nipped me on the hand my dad said "that'll teach you to leave her alone" and suprise suprise i did learn,but there was not even a hint of dumping her,more chance of me being left tied to a fence.Nowadays parents think their kids have the right to just walk upto any dog known or not and do what they like and then scream dangerous animal/irresponsible owner, i hate humans sometimes

Could not agree any more with any of this. I was bitten a couple of times as a child and learnt my lesson, I always did not develop a fear of dogs..more a healthy respect. Why are people so ridiculous as to assume that a dog will tolerate any sort of torment and the minute it defends itself or says "enough" it should be put to sleep!!!! at wits end
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 18:26

yet again another stupid owner Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Wed Oct 31 2012, 19:20

Stupid owner for sure poor dog suffered because the little prince can't put a foot wrong, i see so many young kids today with parents who think they can do no wrong , and frankly it brassess me off mad
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Wed Oct 31 2012, 19:53

Its a sad case, if the dog had not been PTS there might well have been a court case, I think that a hospital has to inform the Police of any dog bite, please someone correct me if I am wrong. Since a child was involved and in the event of a court case the dog may well have had to be PTS as directed by the judge. I think its terrible what happened to this dog, it was tried and found guilty with no one to defend it.

Anne
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 20:06

not sure how the law lies with that one , but the dog was executed without a trial and from the story , which in all fairness are always overstated just seems a gross injustice Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 20:20

Panda wrote:Its a sad case, if the dog had not been PTS there might well have been a court case, I think that a hospital has to inform the Police of any dog bite, please someone correct me if I am wrong.

They might not have been a court case. Although the hospital informs the police, they would probably investigate & decide if it was a one-off accident or something more sinister. If the dog is usually friendly & well behaved, and the child was left unsupervised, the police & the family may well have been able to let it go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Oct 31 2012, 20:27

Pure ignorance by the owner and yet again the dog suffers. Why dont they have themselves put down for being bad parents and dog owners? Oh no it can never be the fault of humans can it, as a species we always have to find something else to blame for our mistakes. And yes it is getting worse, it never used to be this bad. The blame culture arrived around 15 years ago and has steadily got worse.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalouise_1982 Wed Oct 31 2012, 21:54

omg wht is the world comming to ?? puncture wound and dog been put down for tht, its disgusting if he mauld him then yeh fair enough but you dont know what the child was doing to the dog, i have a boy and torement my staffy to dead and she nips him.. and yeh mark him. and she gets told of for it lol. down to lack or training poor dog has to suffer and give staffys a bad name just because of inresponible owner ship ( sorry about spelling mistakes ) lol
emmalouise_1982
emmalouise_1982
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : jess
Dog(s) Ages : 12 wks
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 23:29

Parents wrap their kids in cotton wool these days Sad When we were kids if that had happened to me or my sister we would have got in trouble for it, not the dogs, cause our parents knew our dogs would only nip us if we had been annoying them or hurt them.. Poor doggie Love Struck RIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down