incontinence in season?

2 posters

Go down

incontinence in season? Empty incontinence in season?

Post by RubyRoo Mon Oct 22 2012, 17:24

ruby started her season nearly 3 weeks ago, and shes stopped all the dripping and stuff and her girly bits have shrunk back down to a more normal size, but shes being wierd with her peeing. while she was really swollen down there, she would have a little wee, then get up and start walking off while still full flow weeing. then stop weeing and wander off to clean her self but then as she sits down to clean she would let rip with another wee spreading it everywhere as she sat down. now we put it down to everything feeling odd down there with it being swollen, but shes still a bit odd and i dont know if its normal. even if shes bursting 1st thing in a morning its like she doesnt want to wait and crouch to finish peeing, and she does a quick wee, walks off, crouch do a bit more, walk off, then i tell her to go wee again as i know shes not done and she will crouch and do a load more. she did go through a few days where when she was playing outside it would just gush out of her Surprised not good but thankfully outside. shes absolutely fine in herself, eating like a pig, and putting on weight, tons of energy, always wants to play, although shes started with her 'greeting pees' again when people walk up to her. no discharge at all that ive seen either. can this be normal? it seems to be getting less and less but i just dont know.
RubyRoo
RubyRoo
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : Born 26/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

incontinence in season? Empty Re: incontinence in season?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 17:42

It's possible that it's due to leaving her scent everywhere while she was in season. If she's still the same in another week I'd have word with the vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 18:34

Once again - I agree with Caryll. Sounds like she's scent marking to try to attract a husband.

If she's the strongly maternal type, keep a watch out for signs of phantom pregnancy.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRoo Tue Oct 23 2012, 09:29

it could be i guess, but it seems like shes caught unawares by the gush of pee when shes wandered off. she is marking lots when out walking though (on lead and only at very quiet times) i dont think shes at all maternal, but ive noticed her dinky little nipples have got a bit of swelling around them, she has mini boobies Laughing is this normal with a season? if shes not back to normal by next week il have her in vets for a check up Smile
RubyRoo
RubyRoo

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 11:46

The larger nipples are normal. You won't know about a phantom pregnancy for another month or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRoo Tue Oct 23 2012, 16:33

ah right, thats ok then, will be keeping a very close eye on her. annoyingly since shes been in season shes also started up her excitapeeing when people talk to her or greet her again. not helped by the ignorance of some of my visitors who no matter how many times are told ignore the dog,dont talk to, look at or fuss her, continue making babbling baby talk in her face while bending down and so end up with her peeing everywhere and me to clean it up angry
RubyRoo
RubyRoo

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:40

I've noticed my girl scent marks, but so does my male. Bloody annoying on a walk stop start stop start.
When my girl is in season she would pee,move, pee.
As said above give it a week then get her checked for a UTI x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down