Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie)

+3
janey
kaztaz
Kathy
7 posters

Go down

Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie) Empty Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie)

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04 2012, 16:24

my friend has a twelve year old staffie buster which he has always thought was good ped with champs in his 5 gen
and for this he payed top money £400 12 years ago .
i was telling him about stenvar were he could get more info about his boys linage .
well he spent 4 hours searching for his papers and today he presented them to me to check out .
now the dodgy bit there hand writen on sherleys pedagree papers (which iv checked on line)and any tom dicky or harriet can buy cheaply and write any info down .
now his boy is a good looking specimin which he has never thought of breeding from(thank gord)but just goes to show there been back yard breeders out for fast buck for many years Sad

Back to top Go down

Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie) Empty Re: Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie)

Post by Kathy Thu Oct 04 2012, 16:39

I guess it's nothing new is it, sadly Sad
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie) Empty Re: Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie)

Post by kaztaz Thu Oct 04 2012, 16:45

the worst thing is is that people are still falling for the 5 gen as ped papers see it all the time at wits end
kaztaz
kaztaz

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : troy
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 04 2012, 17:45

And still people haven't learnt Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04 2012, 18:25

I've got 1 of those hand written ones for Tilly but in all fairness the BYB didn't try and pass her off as registered. Shame though as if some of them names and champions were right she had some beautiful dogs in her ancestry Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by caz64 Fri Oct 05 2012, 11:31

All our staffys and xstaffys are beautiful Love Struck no matter who their parents, grand parents, great grandparents are LOL
caz64
caz64
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dusty
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05 2012, 11:42

Bandit's pedigree was hand written by Nancy Malec - that's just the way it was done back in the early 80s & before. But I also had the transfer form given to me with the pedigree so I could see that he was registered & I just had to sign the form & send it off with the fee to transfer the ownership to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05 2012, 12:56

The pedigrees not the most important thing, its the registration papers that count.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Oct 05 2012, 14:29

And as the dog is that old it would be unlikely that it would be on stamtavler unless the parents were very well known dogs. Doe she not have any registration papers then? Nothing with the dog's registration number?
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05 2012, 17:31

Nosipho wrote:And as the dog is that old it would be unlikely that it would be on stamtavler unless the parents were very well known dogs. Doe she not have any registration papers then? Nothing with the dog's registration number?

cant remember off the top of my head names but both parents were in red so ment to be champs he not really bothered now anyway but it would have been more of a shock if he had tryed breeding him when he was younger.
iv seen pics when he was in his prime and looking at him you would have no reason to disbelive he was from top show dogs.
maybe it was aLL true and breeder done it this way to stop breeding from????

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Oct 05 2012, 22:06

It may well be that he has some or even all of the blood of what he has on the pedigree, like you say hes a great dog and thats all that matters.
To be honest you can put any amount of indorsments or restrictions on your pedigree if you sell a puppy to someone who sees it as earner then they dont really care about who the dogs breed with or that they are registered or not just advertise them with champion parents and that sells pups quickly I dont want to s
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Sat Oct 06 2012, 09:29

Denise wrote:The pedigrees not the most important thing, its the registration papers that count.
+1
I didnt care much when we got Molly about if there was a five generation pedigree, as long as she was kc reg'd!!

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Just give a friend some news about his ("pedigree" staffie) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down