Molly's first long walk!

4 posters

Go down

Molly's first long walk! Empty Molly's first long walk!

Post by LeaKyGDan Thu Sep 20 2012, 17:01

It's Molly's 2nd full day with us. She's had a few walks about 15-30 minutes but today as I was poorly I fancied taking my daughter out to burn off her energy so I decided to take her for a walk. Fresh air does me good when im not well and my daughter is a live wire who needs to be active all the time! So we left, I was only planning maybe an hour to the next village and back on a round trip but we found ourselves at the nearby country park. The park has a river running through it and is very welcoming to dogs and families so I've always liked going there and with the schools being back and the weather not being favourable it was quiet. We met only 2 other dogs, a yorkie who in true yorkie fashion barked relentlessly trying to get to Molly who looked, cocked her head to the side and sauntered off and a jrt puppy who was friendlier but owners tugged it away before Molly even saw it. We rested for 10 minutes at the river and I took Molly to sniff the water and see how she was. She darted backwards shook her paws and let me back to the bench. Seems Molly does not like wet paws! She also does not like drinking water! I dunno what to do about this as we were an hour and a half out before we got to the 'doggy parking station' where you can tie up your dog and has a bowl of water there for tired and thirsty dogs after their long walk and she dipped her nose in it and walked away. Surely she must be thirsty by now? Shes barely drunk anything ( but a sneaky tongue in my tea this morning and lapped some milk up that my daughter had left on the side. When we were halfway home Molly stopped to sniff a stone that suddenly moved! It was a field mouse! I was half expecting her to open her mouth and wolf it down, mm live dinner! But again she sniffed and ignored! Good girl Smile we got home, cleaned out paws and curled up on the sofa, the 3 of us in a lazy lumpy pile and had a good hours nap! And she's finally been to the toilet! I'm so used to boy dogs having to mark every post, letter box and sign post a 1 wee girly has taken me some getting used to. And she's not eating still. I think it's the kibble they give me with her. It doesn't look or smell appetising and I'll be changing her to something else once I use this bag but is there anything I can add to it or do to it just so she eats something? Long pointless post with just a few issues but I wanted to share my Molly with you Smile
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female!
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Molly's first long walk! Empty Re: Molly's first long walk!

Post by Kathy Thu Sep 20 2012, 17:06

If you do decide to change her food do so gradually adding some new food to the old over about a week to ten days. Just mix the old with new, gradually adding more of the new to less of the old, if that makes sense.

Glad to hear you had a good walk.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu Sep 20 2012, 17:14

Aw this made me smile, especially the "sneaky tongue in the tea" bit Laughing had many cups of tea ruined by this when I first adopted Biscuit! SO lovely to hear that you're getting on so well and you're so pleased with you girl! Wishing you lots of luck together Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Sep 20 2012, 17:54

Sounds like a brilliant day Big Grin One thing, I am hoping to find pics in the Gallery section, if not why!?!??!?!?!

Moo is very fussy with water and also will not drink out of a communal bowl lol. You can get a bottle that has a bowl attatched for the dog or travel bowls, I rely on these if I am out for the day, failing that she will drink from my hand so I always carry water for her.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:28

She's had some food this evening Smile and drank some water after a game of tuggy. Photos will be up I promise I'm just using the iPad while my laptop gets some upgrades and can't add from it Smile maybe she is fussy with bowls that are not hers, I never thought of that. I'm going to pick up one of those travel water bowls anyone as we hope to take her camping next weekend and this Sunday were thinking of a nice walk along the canal. Its nice having an excuse to go out.

We are getting on really well! I really was thinking no she has to be too good to be true before I met her but she is near perfect in every way. I say near because having a child, I've waited years to get a full, hot cuppa to myself! She's still pretty knackered after her long walk! She's got her night time walk in a bit but she doesn't seem at all interested! She did discover my Siamese fighting fish last night! Must watch her around them as she is a bit too interested in them!
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:34

Sounds great, they settle in so quickly and you couldn't imagine life without them Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20 2012, 22:00

We carry a squirt bottle with us tha tSuki will drink from

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Sat Sep 22 2012, 19:33

I think it was a settling in thing, she drank from the communal bowl at the country park today fine and she went in the river even if it was just a few steps. We let her off the lead for a bit in a secluded part by the river to give her a little test and she was amazing! Very playful and we finally heard her bark which is more like a rasping squeak! Super cute. I am really in love with her. She's currently cocking her head to the side in complete confusion at the dogs barking on telly!
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22 2012, 23:11

Sounds like everything is going well Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23 2012, 15:14

Glad that you are enjoying each other so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Sun Sep 23 2012, 22:01

I've put some pics of her up in the galeries Smile
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down