Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)

4 posters

Go down

Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)  Empty Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)

Post by Lou&percy :) Tue Aug 28 2012, 14:13

Hello, had my first experience of a poorly puppy last night/ today Sad
During the night Percy had an upset tummy and a couple of runny poo's, wasn't overally worried at this point as this morning he was bright as a button, playing well, drinking and I gave him a small amount of breakfast which he ate ok....we then went out for our morning wander and he must of done about 5 or 6 really watery poo's Sad he wasn't that bothered and was still full of beans sniffing away and playing on the grass.

When we got home I thought I would phone the vets just for advice, they suggested to pop him to the lunchtime surgery which was in abt 30 mins.....

Well they were the longest 30 mins of my life as he starting being sick....shaking....whimpering.....wanted to be cuddled, but didn't want me to touch him...I was crying watching the clock thinking please hurry up (I'm so much calmer when my daughter is Ill)

So I carry him to the vets as he wouldn't walk (it's 5 mins from the house) and as soon as we get there, hes fine....playing with all the other dogs, excited by all the people, cats, rabbits etc in the waiting room....and I'm thinking "wow you could win an Oscar for your acting skills pup"

We see the vet, she checks him over, all healthy, nice pink gums, soft tummy, no temp, and says it must of eaten something at some point that his tummy didn't like, gave us some oral paste and advice on what to feed him etc and we went on our way home.

He's now curled up asleep on his bed, probs feeling a bit weak and very hungry bless him Smile

I need to man up a bit, was so worried about him and what could of happened. On a happier note, he got so many compliments from people in the waiting room on his behaviour and training skills and just how gorgeous he was, so that made me smile again.

It's worse than having kids lol

Lou xxx

Lou&percy :)
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Percy
Dog(s) Ages : 22 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)  Empty Re: Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)

Post by Kathy Tue Aug 28 2012, 14:23

They certainly are a worry at times that's true. What did the vet advise you to feed him, just out of curiosity?

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)  Empty Re: Emotional wreck (me not Percy!!!!!)

Post by Lou&percy :) Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:03

Nothing for the rest of today, then 3 very small meals tomorrow of rice or weetabix and water or scrambled eggs and water (anything bland really) if that goes ok and he keeps it down and poo gets better then the following day to slowly introduce some chicken or fish and then day four start to bring the dog food back into the meals slowly Smile

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:09

That looks like pretty sound advice to me, hope Percy is soon feeling better, sending a big hug for you both >Big Grin<
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Tue Aug 28 2012, 17:18

Thank you, he's had a good sleep this afternoon and a play, he's now walking between me and the cupboard where his food is kept as if to say " have you forgotten about my tea?" bless him....I feel such a mean mummy not being able to feed him, but I'm sure he's gonna LOVE breakfast tomoz Smile x

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Aug 28 2012, 17:33

Awww poor puppy! They can be a such a worry, its about the only time I wish they could speak and say whats up! Hope he is 100% better soon, and yes Lou, man up!! Smile Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril baby Tue Aug 28 2012, 18:06

That is typical of puppies, be really ill until they get to the vets, then they are fine. Laughing

Don't give Percy Weetabix even though the vet said to, Oatibix is better, wheat is not good for dogs. Never give your dog milk if they have had a bad tummy, dogs don't digest the laxtose very well, if you give him Oatibix put water on it instead of milk.

Percy will soon be back to his normal self again. Laughing

Cyril baby
Cyril baby

Status Status :

Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Tue Aug 28 2012, 18:55

Thank you for that advice about the weetabix....was gonna give him that as well. Will do some rice instead I think as havnt got any oatabix in the house, I'm sure Percy won't mind, he will just be glad of the food Smile x

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 20:40

If it makes you feel any less like an emotional wreck, Loki has nothing wrong with him except that he's coughing now and again...and I've been going paranoid thinking he might have lungworm or something. I'm a paranoid person Big Grin

Glad it wasn't anything too bad, and it must've been OK enough that he was willing to play with the other dogs Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 20:44

Hope he is feeling bettter soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Wed Aug 29 2012, 14:28

Thanks everyone, he's loads better today Smile had rice with chicken stock for breakfast and lunch and loved it.....been for a wander this afternoon and he was full of beans, chasing leaves blowing in the wind, and having loads of puppy fun. Was great to see him back to his "normal" self.

Bought him a new squeaky toy and some oatabix for tea, he's had a mad 10 mins with the new toy and is now curled up asleep on my lap Smile x

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down