my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ?

2 posters

Go down

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? Empty my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ?

Post by rhyl lad Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:40

so i tryed to walk my puppy jake 2day after work he was all excited to see his lead and harness and we made it about half way down the road before he put his paw down and decided he wasnt moving ? so i give him a fuss and a treat and we made it to the end of the road and then same problem again so i gave up turned round and started to walk bk home which he was very happy about

just need a bit of advice please

should i of continued the walk / or let him get his own way an take him home ?

rhyl lad
rhyl lad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jake
Dog(s) Ages : 11 Weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? Empty Re: my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ?

Post by rhyl lad Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:45

yh sorry about that iv just updated it hes 11 weeks all jabs done and chipped this was not his first walk this was his third time out both other times he loved it but 2day i had a very unhappy puppy
rhyl lad
rhyl lad

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? Empty Re: my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:47

A little encouragement is advised , I had a mare getting Tilly walking and it was more like walk, fuss , treat , drag in a never ending circle, fortunate for Tommy as he just followed big sis everywhere without any trouble.
One of our members had another solution for an awkward walker which was to carry them away from home and then get them to walk back.
What's he like on a lead in the garden , did you get him used to things like this first ??

PS thanks for the note about the post , I thought I was going mad when I went back and checked your profile and it said 11 weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:48

rhyl lad wrote:yh sorry about that iv just updated it hes 11 weeks all jabs done and chipped this was not his first walk this was his third time out both other times he loved it but 2day i had a very unhappy puppy

Anywhere different for your walk , busier time of the day , more road noise etc ???

Back to top Go down

Post by rhyl lad Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:57

lol yh thats my bad with the profile sorry. i had him wearing his harness since about 9 weeks old once a day for about half hour, walked him round the house an garden, hes very gd on a lead no pulling or jumping around like a toon the first time i took him out was with my other staff tyler who is 7 but he doesn't live with me he lives with my mum so walking them is not always possible but i know would help
rhyl lad
rhyl lad

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:59

Definitely nip this in the bud, or you will have a real problem later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhyl lad Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:03

jakes walks are at 5:30 i live in a sea side town and this time of year is very busy and noise i tryed the same walk 2day as yesterday just to the beach about 100 yards from my house he seemed really happy yesterday

i finish work at 5:00pm and have my son to put to bed for 6:30pm time frame for walkies is small lol
rhyl lad
rhyl lad

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:27

Think a little more forceful encouragement required , 100yds from the beach , he's a lucky boy, perseverance is the key. If you could work out how to walk them both together more would make life a lot easier for you though to get him started

Back to top Go down

Post by rhyl lad Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:54

Yh we have a dog frendly beach after 5:00pm but 2 streets over we have a lake which is a mile piont to point walking him with Tyler should do the trick I think thay get on really well
rhyl lad
rhyl lad

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:56

rhyl lad wrote:Yh we have a dog frendly beach after 5:00pm but 2 streets over we have a lake which is a mile piont to point walking him with Tyler should do the trick I think thay get on really well

Just remember your limits for him as well , around 15 mins a time at his age, you can extend this a little if he has some off lead time. I have a long training lead for Tommy which I sometimes use when its busy so he is still "off lead"

Back to top Go down

Post by rhyl lad Tue Aug 14 2012, 20:07

His first walk was all the way round the lake but we had two stops where the picnic spot are he really like it but it was to much for him as he slept for most of the day and all night after it so his walks now are just to the top of the road for a play on the beach. 2 day may have been to much for him mite still be tried from the 2days before
rhyl lad
rhyl lad

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rhyl lad Tue Aug 14 2012, 20:23

Thank for all the help guys will give a little update 2moro after his walk with Tyler
rhyl lad
rhyl lad

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 20:30

maybe some pictures as well Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by rhyl lad Wed Aug 15 2012, 19:27

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? 728b762b

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? 83d04654

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? D2f73470

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? Cf2a9dac

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? C5761947

my puppy refused to go for a walk 2day ? E1d1d186

much happyer on 2days walk
rhyl lad
rhyl lad

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudgewudge41 Wed Aug 15 2012, 21:18

ahh hes gorgeous Smile
Smudgewudge41
Smudgewudge41
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louie
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down