Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!!

5 posters

Go down

Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!! Empty Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!!

Post by Mark Walsall Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:35

Hi Guys

Im having a problem with bruce still doing toilet in the house,we let him out first thing then he goes for his afternoon walk and does his business and last thing at night we let him out, we never feed him after 5pm and he goes out after every meal! but he is still doing it. are doing somthing wrong?? he is over 6 months old now!!

cheers guys
Mark Walsall
Mark Walsall
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bruce
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 13

http://mp-windowcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!! Empty Re: Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!!

Post by asa-james Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:44

look for signs before he makes a mess (might take one or two more messes before you realise, a whimper, a dissapearing act...)

is he doing it while you are away during the day? or just whenever?

also, if he goes while on a walk, loads of praise, and when he goes in the garden. (i had to do it with Lola when i moved house the first time round at about 3 months) <<this worked for me, i'm not saying its the right thing or will work for everyone, but worth a shot maybe
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!! Empty Re: Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:45

asa-james wrote:look for signs before he makes a mess (might take one or two more messes before you realise, a whimper, a dissapearing act...)

is he doing it while you are away during the day? or just whenever?

also, if he goes while on a walk, loads of praise, and when he goes in the garden. (i had to do it with Lola when i moved house the first time round at about 3 months) <<this worked for me, i'm not saying its the right thing or will work for everyone, but worth a shot maybe

Good advice I think Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:46

Does he only get the one walk a day?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Walsall Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:51

He do do it when we are there as he makes us aware and goes to the door, its when we go to bed, we wake up and hes left up a mess to clean up, tonight we popped out for 20 mins and got back and he had pooped on the floor in the hallway altough he had already been out! but yeah there must be somthing im missing cheers Smile
Mark Walsall
Mark Walsall

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:53

Does he get the run of the place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Walsall Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:58

No Caryll, my Partner takes him out about 9 ish , when i get home from work he will go on his big walk usually for about 1 and a half hours over our local nature reserve thats about 3ish then he has his last feed about 5 and i walk him around the block about 8ish. but he is still let out after each feed.
Mark Walsall
Mark Walsall

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jun 27 2012, 23:01

every time you see him eat or drink take him out side Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Wed Jun 27 2012, 23:03

is he free to roam the house at night?
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Walsall Wed Jun 27 2012, 23:06

no at night he has to stay in the hallway with his bed and his water.
all the other doors are shut.
Mark Walsall
Mark Walsall

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 23:08

Mark Walsall wrote:No Caryll, my Partner takes him out about 9 ish , when i get home from work he will go on his big walk usually for about 1 and a half hours over our local nature reserve thats about 3ish then he has his last feed about 5 and i walk him around the block about 8ish. but he is still let out after each feed.

I had a similar problem with Dempsey, so I changed my routine slightly. He gets his first walk at about 8 - 9 am, followed by breakfast about an hour after the walk, then another big walk at around 3pm, followed by his evening meal at about 5pm. Then I wait until just before I go to bed & take him for a 20-30 minute walk to do his business before bed. That seemed to help & he's been ok overnight ever since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Walsall Wed Jun 27 2012, 23:14

cheers guy for the advice i think ill try and change his routine a bit and see how that works.

cheers
Mark Walsall
Mark Walsall

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 23:56

I honestly don't think he is being let out enough. He can't hold it all day he is only a puppy still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Melwilk47 Sat Jun 30 2012, 05:44

asa-james wrote:
Also included in the praise, give them a treat and use your key word for "toilet", so they associated the word toilet with actually going to the toilet and getting a treat Big Grin
Melwilk47
Melwilk47
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bruce doing his business in the hall, he 6 mnths old!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jack & Juno
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months & 14 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Sat Jun 30 2012, 07:30

It doesn't sound like he's getting taken out to the toilet enough to me either.

What do you clean the mess up with?

Last edited by Galadriel on Sat Jun 30 2012, 09:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a word!!)

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30 2012, 08:34

Galadriel wrote:It doesn't sound like he's getting taken out to the toilet to me either.

Could be the smell is left over and attracting him to the spot

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Sat Jun 30 2012, 09:04

jstaff wrote:
Galadriel wrote:It doesn't sound like he's getting taken out to the toilet to me either.

Could be the smell is left over and attracting him to the spot

That's what I was thinking. To the OP, you need to use a biological washing powder or a cleaner designed for pet messes with enzymes in to break down the smell.

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down