Need some help please??!!

+2
Galadriel
Jaymeannexx
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Need some help please??!! - Page 2 Empty Need some help please??!!

Post by Jaymeannexx Sat Jun 23 2012, 20:47

First topic message reminder :

I joined this forum as my fiance bought me a blue staff puppy last week and i need some help with something.
Shes 9 weeks old. When we bought her she had lil bald dots on her head and the back of her neck and along her back she seems to be loosing fur, she doesnt sit there itching and it doesnt look sore or dry her skin looks perfectly healthy its just her fur is falling out? Im kind of worried about this cause it doesnt look nice and it looks asif i dont look after her properly. I just wanted to know if this is normal or not? And if its happened to anyone elses puppy or if anyone can just tell me what it could be? Please, and also the man we bought her from told me she was 9 weeks but she is only small and everyone tells me she is younger than what iv been told. We took her to a vets 2 days after we bought her and got her first injection and her weight was only 3lb 5oz is this a normal size for a "9 week" pup or could she be younger than what the man told me? Thanks xx
Jaymeannexx
Jaymeannexx
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Balou
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Need some help please??!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help please??!!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24 2012, 00:51

Typical male.

Back to top Go down

Post by judd2012 Sun Jun 24 2012, 04:29

Hi there. Our Judd had the same sort of thing. The fur on his head was fairly thin and he started getting welts under his fur on his back causing it to raise. Then eventually he started losing fur on his back. I had him to the vets about it and they took a skin scrape and found nothing. But they gave him some advocate anyway to see if it would clear it up. But it didn't and the welts would come back more severe. It didnt seem to bother him, but as you said, it looks like you dont look after your pet. Then a friend gave me a medicated shampoo called Vetadine. I washed him in it, and the next day it was heaps better. I repeated this every third day for about 2 weeks, and it was gone leaving his coat smooth and shiny Big Grin

judd2012
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Judd
Dog(s) Ages : DOB 17/02/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by richard1981 Mon Jul 02 2012, 14:39

hope this helps zeus had a few bold spots when he was 15weeks took him to the vet skin scrapes etc but nothing anyway cut a long story short the vet recommended hills scince plan dry food done a bit of reserch online and afew dog owners were saying the samething about bold spots. so i changed his food to nature diet and kept rubbing sudocream on the bold patches after 2 week all the hair had grown back he is now 22 months and its never returned
richard1981
richard1981
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : zeus
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum