A blip or something wrong?

3 posters

Go down

A blip or something wrong? Empty A blip or something wrong?

Post by Jellytot Fri Jun 22 2012, 09:07

Hello all! Another query if you wouldn’t mind helping! This forum is invaluable to me!

Ralph’s toilet training was brilliant. We used a crate and although there were accidents, he soon learnt to look up at the back door when he needs a wee or a poo!

I would say it’s been a good 3 weeks with nothing in the house – and I thought we’d nailed it.

Yesterday, when I got in my OH said that Ralph had accident indoors whilst they were playing. I said that he must have just got too excited and forgot to go out. We didn’t think anything of it.

On a Thursday we have puppy classes, so I took him round the block first and he didn’t go to the loo. As soon as we got in the hall – guess what – he pee’d everywhere. I’ll let that one go too – although he’d never done it before in the 4 weeks we’ve been going to classes.

Then, finally, last night when we got in, I came into the front room from the kitchen and Ralph was sat next to a puddle on the sofa!

He has never pee’d on the sofa. It is totally out of character and I’m wondering if it’s a blip or a sign of something wrong? An infection? None of the other signs are there?

Any ideas?
Jo
Jellytot
Jellytot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

A blip or something wrong? Empty Re: A blip or something wrong?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 09:09

Most likely just accidents caused by excitement. They don't really devolp bladder control until the 6 month or so mark. Suki peed on the sofa and our bed after we thought she was fully trained.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jun 22 2012, 09:13

Dont worry too much about it just go back to basics with the toilet training, let him out every half hour if he asks or not.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:06

It's probably just a blip. Bella is 10 months and has pee'd on the floor, no warning, just squatted where she was standing. She still does the excitement wee at times too, she can't contain herself when she meets people lol. Millie was the opposite, she had brilliant bladder control very young and never done the excitement wee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:09

Just a blip - go back to basics for a few days & it'll be right as rain again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:28

yip just a blip i think they get to a lazy stage were they think mmm do i really have to go out side try there luck (owner thinks ooooaccident lets it pass)as we have all done .
that staRTs a breakdown in rueteen so they try again and again as said back to basics he will soon be total toilet trained.

problem i had was memphis followed me all over even toilet Smile and he went through a stage were he would pee outside the bathroom door my bad i confussed him lol

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:31

I had the same problem with Caley yesterday she started weeing and did a number 2 in the house grrrr (she hated the rain, so I don't think that helped)...after reading this, I am going back to basics and told everyone else in the house too, I think we got a bit relaxed as she was doing so well.
debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
A blip or something wrong? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:32

bigwazza wrote:problem i had was memphis followed me all over even toilet Smile and he went through a stage were he would pee outside the bathroom door my bad i confussed him lol

Maybe you should have peed in the garden as well! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down