Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA

+4
Rachel33
Kathy
Nosipho
FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
8 posters

Go down

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA Empty Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Tue Jun 19 2012, 20:06

Meet Eddie. A stunning 2 year old American Bulldog cross Staffordshire Bull Terrier who is looking for a loving, understanding home that has experience with Bull breeds with preferably a female owner (to whom he will give complete loyalty!).
Eddie is great with older children and other dogs. He adores people and loves to say hello to every lady he meets on walks!
Eddie has been waiting for the right home for a long time and has come along such an incredible way in this time; please take the time to read his story.

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA 100_2353-Copy
Eddie was originally taken from a veterinary practice a year and a half ago where he was due to be put to sleep due to aggression issues. A kind soul saw past his problems and took him in. It became immediately obvious from his behaviour that poor Eddie has previously beaten, starved, dehydrated and confined for long periods of time. On top of this Eddie was testosterone filled and displayed both fear and anxiety aggression and had severe trust issues with men. Note that I am using past tense!
Everything changed for Eddie the day he was castrated. He went in to the vets a frustrated boy who hated the world and came out later that day as a completely different dog. Many people have called him a “poster boy” for neutering due to the drastic behavioural change the castration caused. Upon a post operation check, the veterinarian described Eddie as “a lovely dog – he’s just a bit nuts!”

Eddie has been in a foster home in Redditch since the castration and has blossomed beautifully into a much calmer, sweet and sociable boy thanks to a steady routine, a firm but affectionate hand and consistent discipline using positive reinforcement.

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA 100_2359
Eddie has learnt that food and water is no longer in scarce supply. He originally would guard his food bowl and drink huge amounts of water at a time but these issues have now been resolved. He does prefer to eat in his crate because it helps him feel more secure but he does not guard it and now drinks only when he needs to.

He is an active boy and will need a home where he gets good regular walks. His fosterer says he likes to have an occasional “Springer” moment where he has a mad half an hour running around but he is quite chilled out most of the time.
Eddie loves playing, especially football with the other dogs in his home but he does like to play rough so other dogs in his forever home will need to be his size, larger or quite chunky. He gets on well with other dogs and would really love to live with at least one other dog. He has never shown any aggression to any other dog and will back off if a dog tells him off.

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA 100_2353

Eddie is great with people and has not shown any signs of aggression towards people or children since his castration however we will only re home him with older children. Eddie is especially affectionate with females (his fosterer says he is a bit of a tart!) but does seem to respond better to a deeper voice and has improved drastically in his behaviour around men. Eddie would love a home where he gets interaction with both male and female adults.

This sweet boy has really come out of his shell since being in foster care and has consistently shown himself to be sociable and loveable. He will let you know if he really likes you by being a bit clingy and leaning on you! He likes to have a fuss from his foster mum then lie on her feet to keep them warm!

He really is a lovely lad who makes everyone smile with the great variety of expressions he can display using his ears!

Eddie is crate trained and can be left alone for up to four hours providing he is given a good walk first and kept in his crate with a nice chew or something interesting.
He is house trained but previously has had problems with defecating in the house over night. This has improved with altering his feeding times.

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA 100_2364Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA 600631_4154556702158_1815880923_n
Eddie needs time, patience, understanding and lots of love! His ideal home will have experience with bull breeds and at least one other chunky dog in the home that likes to play. Ideally he will get interaction with male and female adults but he is also happy to live with older children. He needs to have an active home and one that is prepared to commit to him and care for him for the rest of his life.

Eddie has come along such an incredible way and we know that the right home for him is out there, can you offer him that home?

Eddie has been castrated, micro chipped and vaccinated. He is on foster in Redditch but we home across the UK.
If you're interested in adopting Eddie, please read our adoption guidelines and procedure;
http://friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/animalsforadoption.html
Before completing a pre-adoption form;
http://friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/dogadopt.html
If you have any questions then please do ask

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA 100_2154
Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA 100_2092-1

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Rescue Supporter

Status Status :

Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA Empty Re: Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA

Post by Nosipho Wed Jun 20 2012, 10:54

Hes lovely, reminds me of Chance. wish I had more space and less dogs...
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA Empty Re: Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 11:14

Nice looking boy. If I could have him, I would. Dempsey wouldn't approve, though. Sad

I think his change has more to do with his new treatment than the castration, though. The testostierone would have stayed in his system for up to 6 months afterwards!

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Mon Jul 09 2012, 20:40

He is a lovely boy Love Struck Eddie is still waiting for a home

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:51

I cannot believe this dog is still looking for a home, he is a gorgeous boy. Hope he gets a forever home soon.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19 2012, 19:21

Can i ask where he's from originally? as he looks identical to my chance and has the same story and aggressive issues?

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Thu Jul 19 2012, 19:31

ella wrote:Can i ask where he's from originally? as he looks identical to my chance and has the same story and aggressive issues?

A lady at the vets took him in when she found he was going to be put to sleep for his issues. I believe this was in the Redditch area.

He is a fantastic boy and has come on such a long way Love Struck Can anyone offer Eddie a home?

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:45

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT wrote:
ella wrote:Can i ask where he's from originally? as he looks identical to my chance and has the same story and aggressive issues?

A lady at the vets took him in when she found he was going to be put to sleep for his issues. I believe this was in the Redditch area.

He is a fantastic boy and has come on such a long way Love Struck Can anyone offer Eddie a home?

See he is the same age and split of my boy with the markings between the eyes and has the same issues/background so wondering if they are related!

I'd offer him a home in a heart beat but can't until we move next year Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Thu Jul 19 2012, 22:16

Possibly. Thank goodness they are both in safe places now though Smile

Everyone please read the following -
Eddie has been waiting for a home for OVER A YEAR... Please take the few seconds out of your day to share his story with your friends and ask them to do the same so our beautiful, affectionate and purely wonderful boy, might finally find his forever home
Thank you.

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19 2012, 23:46

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT wrote:Possibly. Thank goodness they are both in safe places now though Smile

Everyone please read the following -
Eddie has been waiting for a home for OVER A YEAR... Please take the few seconds out of your day to share his story with your friends and ask them to do the same so our beautiful, affectionate and purely wonderful boy, might finally find his forever home
Thank you.

Well i hope he gets a good home soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Thu Aug 23 2012, 16:14

Our handsome Eddie is still waiting for a forever home

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Thu Sep 20 2012, 12:03

Eddie is still waiting for a forever home

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Oct 13 2012, 21:28

Any interest yet? I think he'd love my girl but just can't afford another one at the moment.. keep coming back to this page!! Really wish I could have him broken heart
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 21:37

you and me both!

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Sat Oct 13 2012, 22:05

Why not take Eddie and Snowflake, Ella.
You know you want to. dancing
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 22:46

i know i do Sad i really do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Oct 13 2012, 22:50

Oooh Ella he'd love it in with your menagerie Love Struck
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 23:47

Id have both if we were allowed any more dogs here, we need to move house first Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Oct 14 2012, 00:37

Hmmm, you never know, he might still be waiting Big Grin you're gonna have a house full of bull breeds and reptiles, heaven!!
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14 2012, 00:43

Haha one can only hope Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Thu Oct 18 2012, 15:20

Eddie having a lovely day out in car

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA Eddie01

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Thu Apr 25 2013, 16:38

Still looking believe it or not Rolling Eyes

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25 2013, 16:49

Aww lets hope he's reformed ASAP Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25 2013, 17:16

poor baby Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 25 2013, 19:10

I cannot believe Eddie is still there, such a handsome lad
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:23

Eddie is staying with his foster mum

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolene Iveson Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:34

If I was not in South Africa and my hubby would let me .....sigh. Fell in love the moment I saw his picture. Really hope he get his forever home.
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:29

He certainly is a gorgeous boy, hope he finds his forever home very soon fingers crossed xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Aug 30 2013, 16:02

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT wrote:Eddie is staying with his foster mum
Can we move him to the re homed section ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Becci 38 Mon Mar 08 2021, 13:47

Hi I've seen that you currently have Eddie currently in Foster at the moment. He is adorable and my family are currently looking to adopt. And I think Eddie is just what we are looking for possible many thank Rebecca

Becci 38
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Mon Mar 08 2021, 20:27

Becci 38 wrote:Hi I've seen that you currently have Eddie currently in Foster at the moment.  He is adorable and my family are currently  looking to adopt. And I think Eddie  is just what we are looking for possible many thank Rebecca

This post is 9yrs old, if you want to take on a rescue I would suggest looking at your local rescue centres! Staffies unfortunately often are the predominant breed looking for new homes Crying or Very sad
Please come & let us know if you find your furbaby Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Eddie - 2 year old SBT cross American Bulldog - Fostered Redditch for FOTA B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down