Irene
dave g
Ben
janey
Kathy
funnygirl1069
10 posters

Go down

Smile Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning

Post by funnygirl1069 Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:12

Hi there everyone
I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Lisa and I'm going to collect our 1 year old rescue Staffie George this morning. I'm really excited as are the other household members. I was just wondering for some initial advice if that's ok. We have an 8 year old cross breed bitch in the family already and she has met George at the rescue centre and the seemed to get on well together. Lydia did have a little growl when George tried to play but the warning from Lydia was enough to warn George and he immediately backed off. I'm thinking whether to take Lydia again today when we collect George just to make sure they will be ok. Have any members got more than one dog in their family and how did the settling in go?
Thanks for your help will post some pics up when I get some.
Lisa

funnygirl1069
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:20

Welcome from me and the kids Smile and good luck with your new addition.
We've just got past our first week of 2 dogs (2 year old and a puppy) It's hard work at times but we have the added disadvantage of Tommy being a puppy and all the things they do, hopefully at 1 George is a little better behaved.
Most important as George is a rescue , give him lots of space on his own , don't try and force them together to get on. Always supervise them together, and if you have kids NEVER leave them unsupervised with the 2 together, all it takes is a bit of rough play (which all staffys are really good at) and for 1 of the kids to get in the middle and get hurt. If you separate them in different rooms , it may also be an idea to place a blanket from each of them on the others bed to keep them used to the scent.
You will find walking them together will build a lot of bonds too, obviously we can't do that at the moment due to Tommy's age.

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:23

Please keep us updated on your progress but make a new post in Chat , this is the introductions area so most people just come in to say hi and you won't maybe get the answers you are looking for Smile

Last edited by davemck3834 on Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:25; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:24

Hi & Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by funnygirl1069 Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:25

Thanks Dave
I will try that, most helpful Big Grin

funnygirl1069

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:29

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

Very exciting times ahead are for you. As for taking your dog with you when you collect from the rescue there will probably be enough excitement there already without adding to it. So therefore I would leave your girl at home, as you say they have already met and got on OK. That way the last memory she had of meeting the new dog was a good one.

Hope it all works out OK please ask any questions in the relevent section on the forum and have fun.

Last edited by kathytake2 on Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:35; edited 1 time in total
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:30

funnygirl1069 wrote:Thanks Dave
I will try that, most helpful Big Grin

You're welcome but please use the forum and keep us updated , all we demand in return are lots and lots of pictures (please post in Galleries) If you read the welcome post from Kathy just take a little time to explore the site and use the search facility , you will find many members have had the same questions / problems and we have already answered them Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jun 16 2012, 09:08

Hiya and welcome from me and Moo, good luck Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 09:27

Hi and welcome from me, Millie and Bella. It's so exciting bringing a new addition home. Good luck Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 10:00

Hi & welcome to the forum.
I think a great start, would be to take them both on a nice long reaxing walk together, before you even bring George into the house.
Keep us all informed how it goes. I'm a bad reader so lots of pics Big Grin
Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 11:34

Hi & welcome.

Exciting times! We're all really friendly here.........

......as long as you post lots of pics! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:07

Caryll wrote:Hi & welcome.

Exciting times! We're all really friendly here.........

......as long as you post lots of pics! Big Grin

If you don't post lots of pics , we trace your home from your IP Address of your pc and send Caryll round Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:10

She's actually already sat outside. But please don't feel any pressure. Just post some pics in your own time nail biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:18

BlueStaffBlue wrote:She's actually already sat outside. But please don't feel any pressure. Just post some pics in your own time nail biting

If you look outside it's the mad looking woman with a hedge trimmer in her hand (she's a woman so we obviously wouldn't trust her with a chainsaw) Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:20

OK Dave even I know you've gone too far now......your on your own from here Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:22

BlueStaffBlue wrote:OK Dave even I know you've gone too far now......your on your own from here Laughing

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

We're only kidding ..... we wouldn't trust her with a hedge trimmer either !!! Come on you must be back by now , how long does it take to pick up a dog and take some pictures ...................................... hurry up! hurry up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:41

Hi and welcome from Tyson & me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:11

Welcome and congrats. There is always an adjustment period and that has its own adventures. Both times when we added a dog it was a bit different so just pay attention. When we added Frosty he was about 10 months old and it was in all pretty easy. Just follow Dave's advice and all will be well I am sure.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sat Jun 16 2012, 16:17

welcome Big Grin
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:20

Hi and welcome from us and Suki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:28

So, where are the pics of your gorgeous new addition? hurry up! coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:30

Caryll wrote:So, where are the pics of your gorgeous new addition? hurry up! coffee

Are you still sat outside waiting ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Sat Jun 16 2012, 20:57

Welcome from Zac and me wave

Like everyone else has said, lots of pics please Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jun 16 2012, 21:01

...................................still waiting for these pics coffee
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 21:26

*sigh* sometimes you just have to be patient............

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Jun 17 2012, 07:49

hi & welcome to the forum Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 07:55

Caryll wrote:*sigh* sometimes you just have to be patient............

at wits end at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:29

hi and welcome cant wait to see some pics
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Excited household we're going to pick up our new Staffie George this morning Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:08

Hum de dum de dum.

sigh

coffee

Back to top Go down

Smile New addition

Post by funnygirl1069 Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:36

Hi everyone

I promise to post some pictures as soon as I can. George is settling in well and Lydia is being very tolerant too. I'm busy trying to distinguish play from any unpleasantness and separating them when we leave their company which is exhausting in itself..... Bear with me please and thank you for all your kind words it's really appreciated x

funnygirl1069

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:44

Glad to hear George is settling in well, good luck with it all, have fun
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 13:50

funnygirl1069 wrote:Hi everyone

I promise to post some pictures as soon as I can. George is settling in well and Lydia is being very tolerant too. I'm busy trying to distinguish play from any unpleasantness and separating them when we leave their company which is exhausting in itself..... Bear with me please and thank you for all your kind words it's really appreciated x

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Jun 17 2012, 14:46

I nope it goes well bringing my boy back from the rescue into the house was chaos blood everywhere (no joke) my GSD got a little possessive over his territory but hay I'm sure yours will be just fine lol
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 19:39

Hope everything is going well. Exciting times........can't wait for the pics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 19:42

funnygirl1069 wrote:Hi everyone

Pics will wait (but we won't forget !!, just get them babies settled in )

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Jun 17 2012, 19:51

hia from me and sasha Smile
hope all is going well Big Grin ?
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down