dry dog food (PERO)

2 posters

Go down

dry dog food (PERO) Empty dry dog food (PERO)

Post by tyrone Tue Jun 12 2012, 21:24

PERO whats peoples thoughts of this food !!

I currently have started feeding my 5 month old staffy on pero puppy/junior and she seems to be doing well on it
but want to know if it is good for her and when to move her on to the adult sbt pero??
tyrone
tyrone
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : luna
Dog(s) Ages : 24 weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

dry dog food (PERO) Empty Re: dry dog food (PERO)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12 2012, 21:44

tyrone wrote:PERO whats peoples thoughts of this food !!

I currently have started feeding my 5 month old staffy on pero puppy/junior and she seems to be doing well on it
but want to know if it is good for her and when to move her on to the adult sbt pero??

A few of our members have gone on to Pero , and rate it quite well. One of our mods Bigwazza has the Pero Staffy food. Generally I would have waited until around 11-12 months before swapping over. However we have had a couple of threads recently where members have swapped over much earlier than this , or never even used the puppy version as for the majoprity of manufacturers the ingredients are the same.
Fo rthe Pero if you are happy with it I would suggest following the manufacturers recommendations but if you run out a couple of months before the target date of 11-12 months then just got to adult food.
For you own piece of mind cross reference the ingredients between Adult and Puppy , you will probab;y find as I did with Wainwrights its the size of the pieces that is the main difference

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12 2012, 21:49

my subject lol
yes i found pero puppy great but a few that has tryed resently has comented on green poos with it not something i noticed only thing i could think was maybe a change in formula.
and re the adult food .(staffy spersific)
you can start this at 1 year or 20kg whichever comes first .

but like i say iv allways found pero a great food to feed thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by tyrone Wed Jun 13 2012, 00:25

ok thank you both for your replys
That has helped and i will keep her on
the puppy/junior for now then
tyrone
tyrone

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : luna
Dog(s) Ages : 24 weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13 2012, 10:05

Maz is on the Pero SBT and doing great, she suffers bald patches (all her life) but since going on this a few people have commented on how the patches seem smaller

Kodi was on the junior and was one that did have green poo's, hes only come off it as weve discovered hes allergic to some dog food Pero being one but if it wasnt for that i'd have kept him on it as its the only food he ate every day without fail

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Wed Jun 13 2012, 10:35

Pero SBT - Fresh British Chicken (min 26%), Maize (min 26%), Poultry Meat Meal, Oats, Beet Pulp, Refined Chicken Fat, Whole Linseed, Brewers Yeast, Egg Powder, Minerals, Fish Oil, Glucosamine Sulphate, Chondroitin Sulphate, Vitamins, L-carnitine.

It's not a bad food, certainly a good deal better than the likes of pedigree or similar but I wouldn't feed it. IMO, not enough meat and a lot of grain, the majority of which is maize (corn) which isn't considered to be one of the 'better' grains for dogs.

ETA: Pero puppy - Extruded Cereals, Meat Meal, Poultry Meat Meal, Fish Meal, Rice, Beet Pulp, Poultry Fat, Milk Products, Vitamins and Minerals, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Folic Acid, Nicotinic Acid (Niacin), Pantothenic Acid from Calcium Pantenothate, Deoderase – a natural extract from the yucca plant to aid in neutralising offensive odours. Only Ec permitted colourants fit for human consumption.

Wouldn't feed either. Unknown cereals and although it probably contains similar or more meat than the SBT version, it contains colourants and unknown quantities.

What's your budget?

Galadriel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down