what are the chances of my female being pregnant?

+3
stella
Ben
rns81
7 posters

Go down

what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Empty what are the chances of my female being pregnant?

Post by rns81 Wed Jun 06 2012, 05:29

hi i know no one can say but my male has done it with my female a few times got stuck in there 2 as well. would anyone know what would be the chances are as i wanted to get her desexed but worried about the babys if any

rns81
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : chief and pearl
Dog(s) Ages : male is 4 femaile is 2 yrs old
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Empty Re: what are the chances of my female being pregnant?

Post by Ben Wed Jun 06 2012, 05:48

Hi and welcome! You really need to keep them apart I they are going to do that. Might be too late as they have tied (the getting stuck). Don't let him near her till you know she isn't pregnant and you can get her and or him fixed. Chances are what they are. You won't know for a bit.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Empty Re: what are the chances of my female being pregnant?

Post by Ben Wed Jun 06 2012, 05:50

Hi & what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Icon_arrow Make a Donate to help us to keep us improving our forum and website.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Wed Jun 06 2012, 06:46

hia i would get her to the vets asap,i dont know if its to early for a scan but they would best advise you,make sure you keep them apart until you know.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:08

Get to your vet quick and get the mismate jab!!

When your bitch is in season she must be kept away from entire dogs. Properly away, not just separated by something like a baby gate. Sorry, but it's irresponsible behaviour like this that contributes to the amount of Staffies sat in rescue homes angry

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:17

You haven't said if your female was in season when this happened, if she was in season, it's likely that she is pregnant if not season then you've got away with it but in all honesty, you need to keep a better control of what your dogs are getting up to as unplanned staffy puppies are not a laughing matter!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:20

*Karen* wrote:You haven't said if your female was in season when this happened, if she was in season, it's likely that she is pregnant if not season then you've got away with it but in all honesty, you need to keep a better control of what your dogs are getting up to as unplanned staffy puppies are not a laughing matter!

thumbs up

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:30

Galadriel wrote:
*Karen* wrote:You haven't said if your female was in season when this happened, if she was in season, it's likely that she is pregnant if not season then you've got away with it but in all honesty, you need to keep a better control of what your dogs are getting up to as unplanned staffy puppies are not a laughing matter!

thumbs up

Hello and welcome to the forum from me and the kids Smile . Look I will say this fairly but you know about the birds and the bees and as above if she was in season then she most likely will be pregnant. If its done then its done, and the only thing you can do is to consider (and we would all beg you to consider strongly) taking a trip to the vet and looking at the option of aborting any pups that may be there. A litter of pups can be very dangerous and expensive if not all planned correctly and extremely hard work , not to mention adding to the numbers of potentially unwanted dogs out there,. ( I don't mean you but if you have 7 or 8 pups then thats 7 or 8 dogs / pups that won't find homes from rescues , shelters etc).
I would take her to the vet anyway and get her checked , that is most important , and if you've got away with it then you must take more control over the dogs to prevent any accidental litters. Please , please , please for the sake of all them homeless dogs out there not to mention the vast amount that are being put to sleep every week make the right choice and get them both desexed.

Last edited by davemck3834 on Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:34

Galadriel wrote:Get to your vet quick and get the mismate jab!!

When your bitch is in season she must be kept away from entire dogs. Properly away, not just separated by something like a baby gate. Sorry, but it's irresponsible behaviour like this that contributes to the amount of Staffies sat in rescue homes angry

Galadriel , please don't jump at the post , we don't know all the facts at the moment , it is concerning for all of us but members come here for a bit of help and sometimes a bit of sympathy. Hopefully someone can go away with some good advice and not feel like they have just been attacked

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:56

davemck3834 wrote:

Galadriel , please don't jump at the post , we don't know all the facts at the moment , it is concerning for all of us but members come here for a bit of help and sometimes a bit of sympathy. Hopefully someone can go away with some good advice and not feel like they have just been attacked

Sorry Blushing accidental matings just get my back up and I'm not the most tactful person! Blushing

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 08:56

If i was u i would take her to the vets and get pups aborted and get her spayed at the same time. That way it will never happen again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 09:11

Hi and welcome.

Not all matings result in a pregnancy, but as this is an unplanned mating then its best to assume the mating did take.
As you have not rang the vets about this mating they can not offer you the mis mate jab thats done straight after the deed has been done. Your now have to wait till her season is over for the other type of mis mate jab available. This one can be given up to 45 days, but ideally the earlier its given the better.
If shes still in season dont let any more matings occur and contact your vet ASAP with the dates they mated so he/she can draw up the best action plan to prevent the pregnancy.
The jab is given over 2 days ( 24 hours apart) and shes given a rush of hormones that make the uterus reject any forming embryos.
The embryos are reabsorbed so you wont see anything to suggest shes aborting the litter. The only thing that will happen is her next season will happen earlier say in 4 mths times instead of the normal 6 mth interval.

If you want her desexed any way see if your vet will preform the spey operation even thou there's a chance she maybe pregnant, some will and i have heard of it being done.

Good luck and let us know the out come Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 09:14

Galadriel wrote:
davemck3834 wrote:

Sorry Blushing accidental matings just get my back up and I'm not the most tactful person! Blushing

I do agree with you 100% , and I can see from your posts which are very good and informative and helpful BTW, just what the forum needs Smile . However, what we must always remember is everyone starts out somewhere and a lot of people new to Staffies and the forum don't always know about the tales that we hear on the forum every day so generally we like to see how things develop and respond accordingly Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Wed Jun 06 2012, 10:46

davemck3834 wrote:I do agree with you 100% , and I can see from your posts which are very good and informative and helpful BTW, just what the forum needs Smile . However, what we must always remember is everyone starts out somewhere and a lot of people new to Staffies and the forum don't always know about the tales that we hear on the forum every day so generally we like to see how things develop and respond accordingly Wink

thumbs up

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 06 2012, 10:50

Can't really add any more but please take heed of the advice. Hi from me and Moo
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by rns81 Wed Jun 06 2012, 10:55

hi thanks to all yes i agree with you Galadriel it brakes my heart to see them there i have my yard separated by a 5ft fence one side for her and one for him but when at work i came home 2 and found that thay have somehow there are no holes in the fence as i just had the fence put up the my babys sorry to all if i dont sound like i have a clue i had brain surgery and thats why i got my boy but found him to be a bit loney when i was working so i got pearl and yes she was bleeding at the time of the mateing

rns81

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Wed Jun 06 2012, 11:05

Ok well the best thing to do is contact your vet. Smile

I've heard of intact males scaling a 6ft fence and more to get to an in season bitch. They can be very determind!

ETA: If you're worried about vets fees then speak to them as they maybe happy to set up a payment play with you in this situation. If not then try your local charities as they maybe able to help too.

Last edited by Galadriel on Wed Jun 06 2012, 11:08; edited 1 time in total

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rns81 Wed Jun 06 2012, 11:06

oooppss!

rns81

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Wed Jun 06 2012, 11:09

Ok so likely that she is pregnant, however breeding a dog is a science so it may not have been the right day etc.

You need to get her to the vet, with a record of when the matings took place and let them advise the best course of action.

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 11:18

*Karen* wrote:Ok so likely that she is pregnant, however breeding a dog is a science so it may not have been the right day etc.

A Female will stand and allow a mating only when her hormones tell her shes ready, and this change in hormones co insides with the release of the eggs.
Sperm can stay viable for upto 7 days, so even if she was'nt bang on ready the little swimmers are already in place to welcome the eggs with open arms >Big Grin< Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Wed Jun 06 2012, 12:33

Thanks Denise! thumbs up
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 12:40

Denise wrote:Hi and welcome.

Not all matings result in a pregnancy, but as this is an unplanned mating then its best to assume the mating did take.
As you have not rang the vets about this mating they can not offer you the mis mate jab thats done straight after the deed has been done. Your now have to wait till her season is over for the other type of mis mate jab available. This one can be given up to 45 days, but ideally the earlier its given the better.
If shes still in season dont let any more matings occur and contact your vet ASAP with the dates they mated so he/she can draw up the best action plan to prevent the pregnancy.
The jab is given over 2 days ( 24 hours apart) and shes given a rush of hormones that make the uterus reject any forming embryos.
The embryos are reabsorbed so you wont see anything to suggest shes aborting the litter. The only thing that will happen is her next season will happen earlier say in 4 mths times instead of the normal 6 mth interval.

If you want her desexed any way see if your vet will preform the spey operation even thou there's a chance she maybe pregnant, some will and i have heard of it being done.

Good luck and let us know the out come Big Grin

Can't add any more to that, really. Let us know what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:51

would you also consider getting your male neutered ? just saying cos if he got over a 5ft fence to get to pearl then might he just jump over the fence to get to any other bitch in season in the neighbourhood
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
what are the chances of my female being pregnant? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down