Anybody know if it's any good?

Back to top Go down

Orange Internet Empty Re: Orange Internet

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 12:16

Never heard of it before

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 12:17

i had a orange 3g donngle and was better than others i had used so i would amagine there home internet will be good Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 29 2012, 12:19

I think thats what mum has I will ask her later but I know she had some issues with them.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 12:20

Got a phone call with the usual hard sell. They want to offer me £5 per month for broadband for life, it'll never go up. But I'd also have to have my phone line & calls through them.

I'm not keen on aol who I'm with now, but I don't know whether to change or not. It seems too good to be true, somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 12:21

janey wrote:

I think thats what mum has I will ask her later but I know she had some issues with them.

Thanks, Janey. The offer's only open till thursday, so I don't have much time! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 29 2012, 12:26

I'll speak to her later Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue May 29 2012, 12:47

see what virgin offer you Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 13:14

we have virgin, i rang them up to ask for a discount and got it plus 5 times more speed on the broadband

we have had virgin for years ans years and touch wood, we have not had any problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue May 29 2012, 13:58

some here i only the odd day but 99% virgin is prefect i don't dear moving just in case it a nightmare

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 14:01

I am looking to change from orange! I found them ace when moving house etc but for the last 5/6 months ive been having huge problems with the internet. Im not very good with computers etc so i cant tell u the problems in very much detail but i can tell u that the internet will work one second and not the next sometimes i can be without internet for a day or so other times for only a couple of minutes. I must admit its not been so bad this week but some weeks i just have to give up with being online all together coz i cant get anything done. They dont seem to think theres a problem there end and its defo not from my end so godness knows what it is. I had a 18month contract with them which is up in a few weeks then im gone lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 15:45

Thanks, Carly. That's what I was afraid of. AOL isn't the best in the world but it's normally reliable. What I can't have is access one minute & not the next - both kids rely on the itnternet for their A Level coursework etc.

I think I'll stick with AOL for now & see what's available when the contract runs out.

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh46137 Tue May 29 2012, 16:16

Caryll wrote: both kids rely on the itnternet for their A Level coursework etc.
You mean Facebook, Youtube, etc Laughing Big Grin O wait that's just my X's son.
leigh46137
leigh46137
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 17:54

Caryll wrote:Thanks, Carly. That's what I was afraid of. AOL isn't the best in the world but it's normally reliable. What I can't have is access one minute & not the next - both kids rely on the itnternet for their A Level coursework etc.

I think I'll stick with AOL for now & see what's available when the contract runs out.

I moved from AOL (too expensive ) to Orange as we got a great deal as we are also mobile user 17quid a month incl line rental + unlimited broadband , free calls all day and weekend + 30 countries - all free , sound too good to be true , correct it was. After a year had all sorts of problems with it dropping out all the time, the free calls were over a 2nd phone plugged into the Livebox (Router) and if Jo used the wrong phone we'd end up with bigger bills. I called up to complain about the service , always being put to Indian call center that couldn't speak english (no direspect , just facts) and got absolutely no where. When I called up to cancel they told me it was just my router and they'd send a free one, how the 2 phones thing they had stopped doing years ago (pity they don't actively tell their customers) but guess what ................TOO LATE Tongues

I'm with Sky now and pay £10.00 per month more (I think £28 for line rental, free phone in UK and International + unlimited broadband) and its ok , its pretty stable and pretty reliable , speed is ok at about 13-14mb (not the fastest by any means) and its what I need for working at home over VPN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 22:07

leigh46137 wrote:
Caryll wrote: both kids rely on the itnternet for their A Level coursework etc.
You mean Facebook, Youtube, etc Laughing Big Grin O wait that's just my X's son.

Funny enough, neither of them do facebook!

Youtube's a different matter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down