HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER

2 posters

Go down

HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Empty HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER

Post by Aaron Dunn Fri Dec 17 2010, 18:11

MY DOG WILL NOT NOT WALK ON HIS LEAD ONLY IF HE KNOWS WERE NOT GOING TO THE PARK DOWN THE ROAD PLEASE TELL ME SOME TIPS THNAKS
Aaron Dunn
Aaron Dunn
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : SMOKEY
Dog Gender(s) : MALE
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Empty Re: HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 18:15

Hi & HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Welcome

Welcome to the staffodshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER Empty Re: HOW CAN I GET MY 10 MONTH OLD SMOKEY TO WALK ON A LEAD IN A GOOD MANNER

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 18:39

Has he always been bad on the lead, or is it just recently? Has something happened to upset him?

If not, then try taking some treats with you (his fav ones) and entice him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 22:44

you should try and make him think that walking can be a fun game as well, bring out a ball or a toy each time he goes for a walk

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Dec 17 2010, 23:09

Caryll wrote:Has he always been bad on the lead, or is it just recently? Has something happened to upset him?

??????????? Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 23:27

I'm just wondering whether something has happened to spoil his enjoyment of his walks, or whether it's just because he only wants to go to the park! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Dec 17 2010, 23:39

I know, am wondering the same Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Dunn Mon Jan 10 2011, 15:04

he has had some bad times on a lead i once got really frustrated and shouted at him and he quivered thinking about it he has not walked since then help please
Aaron Dunn
Aaron Dunn

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : SMOKEY
Dog Gender(s) : MALE
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 16:55

Ensure him and make sure his going to associate walking with good things not being shouted at, it can get frustrating if they wont walk well on the lead i no, but like said above, take some of his favourite things, make it fun for him. Treats or toys etc so when you do go it he thinks oh this is going to be fun! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down