Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday

5 posters

Go down

Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday Empty Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday

Post by katrina1987 Tue Apr 24 2012, 17:50

This is Winston, he will be 8 weeks on saturday and is a little terror, he loves chewing and peeing in places he shouldn't. I have paper down at the front door and when he widdles I take him to show what he has done and put him where I expect it and when he gets it right I reward him with lots of praise and lots of whos a good boy. Is this enough. The crate training is going suprisingly well amd our other dog lola has really taken a shine to him, hopefully she will keep him inline. I wasn't sure how to do pictures on ere so instead uploaded to my photobucket for you all to see.

https://2img.net/h/i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/katrina1987_2010/100_0692.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/katrina1987_2010/100_0698.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/katrina1987_2010/100_0682.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/katrina1987_2010/100_0697.jpg

katrina1987
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Winston (staffy), Lola (parsons terrier)
Dog(s) Ages : Winston 15 weeks and Lola almost 5
Dog Gender(s) : Winston (male) Lola (female)
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday Empty Re: Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday

Post by micheled Tue Apr 24 2012, 18:03

he is lovely...my Callie is 11 weeks and doesn't even look as sweet and little as he does anymore! enjoy him!

we praise like crazy, but we also immediately food treat any time she either pottys outside or goes over to pee/poop on her newspaper. Breeder suggested this as she is quite food motivated..is Winston?
micheled
micheled
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday Empty Re: Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 18:56

Gorgeous and what a lovely colour
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:06

ah he's so tiny,you forget how small they are Love Struck
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by katrina1987 Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:07

Well I got some treats 2nite and I was going to start sit with him, as both kids are in bed and hubbies off out, so I can get a bit of piece to do it and also reteach my other dog Lola as she has seem to forgotten (more like I spolt her) but not making that mistake 2nd time round especially with a staff. He only has paper at the mo, hes been jabbed end of week then ill introduce him to garden plus wanted him a little bigger so he cant get into any gaps, at the moment he can fit through my stairgates !!He gets more or less all his poos in the right place butes wees everywhere, where it suits him! Ill start treating him aswell as praise and see what happens. Can't wait to get him out for his first ever walk, a few weeks yet, but atleast he has the garden to run around in and lola for company, although she gets moody with at times and hides on the sofa where he can't get to her

katrina1987

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by katrina1987 Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:08

lynne wrote:Gorgeous and what a lovely colour
Smile

I know, but not for long, ill be glad to get another weeks growth on him then atleast he'll stop squeezing through all my stairgates Laughing

katrina1987

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:10

Then he will find another way
Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by katrina1987 Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:15

[quote="lynne"]Then he will find another way
Laughing
[/quo

Yeah my 2yr old and the dog will plot together, wouldn't suprise me. He adores him, apart from the nibbling and hanging on his clothes! Which were trying to nip in the bud straight away

katrina1987

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster's_Mum Tue Apr 24 2012, 19:19

Awww, he's so sweet. Kind of sad I missed Buster's tiny puppy stage, but also glad we missed the needle teeth Big Grin

katrina1987 wrote:
lynne wrote:Gorgeous and what a lovely colour
Smile

I know, but not for long, ill be glad to get another weeks growth on him then atleast he'll stop squeezing through all my stairgates Laughing

Buster just jumps over our stairgates! Surprised They are mainly there to stop the youngest from going up and down the stairs.
Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Our new member to the family, Winston, 8 weeks on saturday Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Apr 24 2012, 20:24

Congrats, so cute Love Struck

This will help to post the pic rather than link Xx

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t12018-how-to-post-a-photos-onto-the-forum
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 21:10

He is a cutie Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by katrina1987 Wed Apr 25 2012, 16:11

Well im actually going to start trying once I see him squatting for a poo to put him in the back garden just on the patio, its getting too much trying to show him it, clear it up before my 2 yr old wants to investigate lol! It will end in disaster!!! Hes having his 1st lot of jabs on saturday but vet said our garden would b fine, I was just more worried about loosing himt o be honest because hes quite small and its been pooring of rain since getting him so not a nice experience for him either or me, what do you think?

katrina1987

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down